super power

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm an idiot. So I wouldn't pick one superpower. I'd be Superman. Not because I'm as good hearted as he is (comics Superman, not the Cavill angry god garbage).
But because someone should be.

If you could have one super power what would it be?
lol I have thought about this many times and came up with various ideas; one was a combination of invincibility, invisibility, duality (being in two places at once) and flying (like Peter Pan). I thought I'd be able to fight crime, save the world and have any woman I wanted, but I'd be endlessly busy, so who needs that lol.

But now, particularly with my slow brain at times, I've come to the conclusion that an awesome super power would be to have the ability to respond to a written or verbal statement, in real time, with absolutely perfect enlightening words that nobody could really argue with or contradict. A response that would make anyone reading or hearing it just react with utter awe due to its profoundness, finality and unequivocal correctness.

Last edited:
Well, I'm an idiot. So I wouldn't pick one superpower. I'd be Superman. Not because I'm as good hearted as he is (comics Superman, not the Cavill angry god garbage).
But because someone should be.

Would not work for a human being. I grew up reading Superman comics in the 1960's. No human being who had superpowers like that could hold back on using the powers Superman had for evil eventually. We'd need a superior alien from another planet to become our true Superman.

Would not work for a human being. I grew up reading Superman comics in the 1960's. No human being who had superpowers like that could hold back on using the powers Superman had for evil eventually. We'd need a superior alien from another planet to become our true Superman.
Actually, even Superman has.
I grew up reading the same comics.
His alien nature gave him the powers.
His upbringing as a farm boy by good parents gave him his values.
That's why, even though he's erred on occasion, he always go back.
My folks are also at least as cool as the Kents 😉
But like I said, it's not about wanting it.
Someone SHOULD be.

Someone SHOULD be.

Perhaps, but what if you lost control of your superpowers and killed innocent humans, or even criminals who could not harm you? I get your point. We could have Superman stop wars like Russia vs. the Ukraine. But would that be ethical?

Last edited:
Someone SHOULD be.
Comics Superman has changed a wee bit over the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/oct/11/superman-bisexual-dc-comics

Perhaps, but what if you lost control of your superpowers and killed innocent humans, or even criminals who could not harm you?
Well, no one's above the law. I'd have to be arrested and get whatever punishment the law gives me.

lol I have thought about this many times and came up with various ideas; one was a combination of invincibility, invisibility, duality (being in two places at once) and flying (like Peter Pan). I thought I'd be able to fight crime, save the world and have any woman I wanted, but I'd be endlessly busy, so who needs that lol.

But now, particularly with my slow brain at times, I've come to the conclusion that an awesome super power would be to have the ability to respond to a written or verbal statement, in real time, with absolutely perfect enlightening words that nobody could really argue with or contradict. A response that would make anyone reading or hearing it just react with utter awe due to its profoundness, finality and unequivocal correctness.
C’mon folks, I want some credit for my proposed super power! I wish I worded this better lmao

He'd just jail himself. It's the right thing to do.
If Superman did not jail himself, wouldn't' he be just like Hancock, starring Will Smith?.

I don't think even Hancock had heat-vision.

Super strength, but not the power to cut metal bars.

And that ends my point. Humans with Superpowers could not control them.

Our minds could not comprehend having that kind of power, but Superman could.

Last edited:
If Superman did not jail himself, wouldn't' he be just like Hancock, starring Will Smith?.

I don't think even Hancock had heat-vision.

Super strength, but not the power to cut metal bars.

And that ends my point. Humans with Superpowers could not control them.

Our minds could not comprehend having that kind of power, but Superman could.
I wasn't aware all this was supposed to be this complicated lol.
That's your theory, of course. We'll never get to find out. But I don't believe the same. Clothes don't make the man, the man makes the clothes.
Much like Captain America, who's superpower really is that he's Steve Rogers, Superman's greatest power is that he's Clark Kent.
There are some people on this planet who actually are incorruptible. At least I like to believe this.

to solve the world peace and ozone layer ... also I want to thank my family and sunflowergirl for this superpower :giggle:

Latest posts

Back