vomiting on your boss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy_gurl2009

Reaction score
Sheila, a friend of a friend, has been partying last weekend and woke up w/ a hangover. However, she also had to take day shift. She didn't wanna call in sick or anything. When she got to work, everything was going fine just like it had the entire time she works there (since a year ago.) However, when one of her coworker made a snide comment about her party and she used open door policy to bring that concern to her boss. Problem is as she was doing that, she projectile vomitted on her boss.

Despite her stellar performance review and being well liked at her workplace, she got suspended 2 weeks. She has one week left of that suspension. Can they even do that?

for being hungover enough to vomit on someone? yeah I'd say so. It's your responsibility to show up to work not in a self induced sick state.

Also what kind of messed up place do you work at where people bring their personal problems to work to talk about with their boss?

Yes. Next.

You have an obsession with being "liked." Try to dot your i's and cross your t's, and make 100s on QA evals. That's the important thing for work.

Limlim said:
for being hungover enough to vomit on someone? yeah I'd say so. It's your responsibility to show up to work not in a self induced sick state.

Also what kind of messed up place do you work at where people bring their personal problems to work to talk about with their boss?

sry I don't work w/ Sheila. She works at Target and I guess she brought her personal problems to her boss as a result of being hungover.

If I were the boss and my employee vomits on me, he/she would surely lose his/her job unless there is a PRETTY GOOD reason

I'm trying to imagine being sober and not having the ability to recognize, "Oh, gee. I'm about to vomit. I should try to leave... at the very least, I should turn... ANY other direction."

I know some bosses here who would fire their people right away for vomiting on them, but in all seriousness, I know that some wouldn't either. It is a /vastly/ terrible reflection of the employee's judgment, but some people can be hard to replace. I knew one woman, Brenda, who specialized in the travel arrangements and ticketing somehow that it made her irreplaceable - so while she was a pain: she would barge into management meetings, talk loudly and nonstop, and dressed in a completely inappropriate manner, the company felt that replacing her was far too much trouble.

I'm pretty sure we all have someone like that at work.

wow...

i don't know where to begin. i guess it really depends on what state you live in (wether or not they can do that). it sounds to me like her boss only suspended her out of anger, and to assert her authority. how would it look like if she had vomit all over her and said only, "oh, don't worry about it. it's all right". her boss had no other choice but to punish your friend.

Oi...I don't understand why your workplace brings so much of their personal life into their professional life. Even if I were to spend every night partying/ participating in orgies/ kicking trees - no one at work would ever find out about it.

Because it's easier to end up joining in sharing about details of your personal life when everyone else is doing it, I just want to point this out to you:

For most cases, it's usually best to keep the two separate if you want to move up the ladder and be respected...as some people have some crazy, dysfunctional drama going on in their personal lives.

Example: A member of a different department...word got about that her husband beat her - after he caught her cheating - she's the one who shared all the graphic details and is going about announcing how she's partying it up, leaving the kids home alone (under 12 years old) and sleeping with one man after another.

Since then, opportunities for higher positions have stopped and she is feeding material for her co-workers to gossip about.

Even if you're an excellent worker, stuff like that makes people look down on you - everyone is judgmental to some degree.

Don't take this personally...all the threads/ posts that I've come across from you involve you and your co-workers' personal lives.

I just thought to suggest this advice to you.

Also - she was suspended...not fired at least. I agree with what freedom's reasoning for the supervisor's actions. If I were the supervisor - I'd do something about it too. There's no need for BS like that.

Accidentally going up to your boss and puking all over him sounds a lot like accidentally tripping and inserting your penis into somebody.

Latest posts

Back