What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling tired of these sub-20 degrees F temperatures. I don't know if it's just my imagination but I feel like this didn't happen as often when we were kids. I feel like this just started happening more often, and for longer periods of time, around 2014 or so, and it's been that way every year since.

(For what it's worth, I feel like summer has gotten hotter/more humid/overall worse now than when we were kids too - I feel like Spring and Fall are just brief periods of a few weeks each, instead of whole seasons anymore.)

I haven't been able to go for a walk or run, because going outside when it's this cold would just be painful.

I feel myself getting fatter by the day. Not how I wanted to start my fitness in the new year.

This cold front/arctic blast/whatever it is, can feel free to fresia off, any time now, no really, it's fine...

Last edited:
I'm thinking I got a little too aggressive with trimming my old large tree. I just meant to tidy it up a little bit. But, I ended up cutting nearly all the branches off. The yard is full of branches. I sure am sore too. Now I get to spend all day tomorrow cutting the branches up and getting them ready for waste pickup. I sure get carried away sometimes. Oh well, it needed a good cut back. Now it'll be good for a few years.

Being a parent is forever 😇

Yep. Unfortunately mine didn't understand when they made me and attempted but lost another one after me. They weren't thinking of the future. They didn't have a plan. Their life was simple. They weren't smart. I suffer because of my ignorant parents and i will not have kids because i don't want them to go through what i go through in my existence. I wouldn't be able to be a parent forever and take full responsibility, guarantee their quality of life from start to end.

Yep. Unfortunately mine didn't understand when they made me and attempted but lost another one after me. They weren't thinking of the future. They didn't have a plan. Their life was simple. They weren't smart. I suffer because of my ignorant parents and i will not have kids because i don't want them to go through what i go through in my existence. I wouldn't be able to be a parent forever and take full responsibility, guarantee their quality of life from start to end.

Awh no, I want to hear more about this, so interesting. Do you really think you couldn't offer your potential children a better life, a complete life?

Awh no, I want to hear more about this, so interesting. Do you really think you couldn't offer your potential children a better life, a complete life?

Absolutely not. It's my responsibility from their start to end, not mine. I don't have the resources and brain power. I'm not bezos or trump. The world is a dangerous place to exist. Life is not simple anymore like it used to be.

Last edited:
They weren't thinking of the future. They didn't have a plan. Their life was simple. They weren't smart. I suffer because of my ignorant parents and i will not have kids because i don't want them to go through what i go through in my existence. I wouldn't be able to be a parent forever and take full responsibility, guarantee their quality of life from start to end.

Unfortunately, I can sort of relate to this - especially the lack of a plan.
I don't feel comfortable going as far as to say that my parents weren't smart, but the older I get, the more I definitely feel like they just did whatever in life, just winged it, didn't have a plan. We never really "had it together". And now that lack of a plan is really starting to bite us in the ass.

I don't have the resources and brain power. I'm not bezos or trump. The world is a dangerous place to exist. Life is not simple anymore like it used to be.

I feel this, too. Like I don't have the resources or brainpower to be successful, especially in an increasingly fast-paced, STEM-focused world. That's why I'm afraid I have no choice but to ride the same sinking ship down as my parents, because I'm afraid I don't have the brainpower to do any better, to do the things that actually make any money anymore, because I've never felt like my brain is good at processing complicated, technical information and concepts.

I just wanted to point out though, that I don't get the impression that Trump is particularly intelligent. Or maybe he is very intellectually lazy, because he hasn't had much reason not to be. He doesn't seem to talk or have the mannerisms of a genius, someone who thinks and sees things deeply, or someone who makes calculated decisions and careful plans and strategies. It seems like he just blunders through life on the sheer force of already having money - so if things work out for him, great, and if they don't, oh well. He doesn't need to succeed.

What I do think he is, is cunning - which is something that I feel is different from intelligence. A scientist is intelligent, but a con artist, thief, or just a shady businessman is cunning. I think he's a salesman, a promoter, a skilled bullshit artist. He knows how to read his audience and tell them what they want to hear, he knows how to sell them their fantasies, even if he has no plan, ability, or intention to deliver. I don't think he's a true value creator, just a hustler that gets by on the image - like he's just playing a character of a value creator, like putting on a suit and tie and talking tough, like he's a guy that gets stuff done. But anyone can put on that costume and say those things. He seems to me like a 1970s street pimp. He gets by on selling the illusion of work, business, glamor, and success, but that's not often the reality.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. It's my responsibility from their start to end, not mine. I don't have the resources and brain power. I'm not bezos or trump. The world is a dangerous place to exist. Life is not simple anymore like it used to be.
If I may interject something from my own opinion...being a parent IS forever, but as you say, life is hard. IMO, the job of a parent is to prepare them for life, but when they become adults, the burden of responsibility becomes theirs, not yours. That's when you find out if you did a good job or not.
IMO, mind you. You can't protect children forever, at some point, they have to fly on their own. One can also argue "like it used to be" is just a matter of our own perception. Technically speaking, we're safer now than at any other point in Human History.

If I may interject something from my own opinion...being a parent IS forever, but as you say, life is hard. IMO, the job of a parent is to prepare them for life, but when they become adults, the burden of responsibility becomes theirs, not yours. That's when you find out if you did a good job or not.
IMO, mind you. You can't protect children forever, at some point, they have to fly on their own. One can also argue "like it used to be" is just a matter of our own perception. Technically speaking, we're safer now than at any other point in Human History.

In my situation i failed. Doesn't mean my parents did a bad job. It was their responsibility but i mostly raised myself. I'm not traditional like everyone else. I wouldn't want my kids to end up like me in case they are not successful at some point in life. I make them. Their entire life is my responsibility. My parents didn't plan anything ahead. I ended up in deepest honeysuckle in my life. None of it is my fault but my parents'. I didn't ask to be born.

Latest posts

Back