What are you really good / talented at?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been told i'm a talented dancer,I do it and enjoy it and it's nice when I get complimented on something i'm passionate about.

I've also been told I would be really good at creative writing,I used to do it,but these days I lack motivation and focus.

I am an incredibly resilient and adaptable person.

For a long, long time I thought I was the opposite, but I have proven to myself over and again with each challenge I handle it well.

i have been told i should attempt to write childrens stories and that i play guitar better than most professionals and about 2 years ago someone asked me illustrate their childrens book. But i do not like the title of this thread because it makes me say that i am talented or am really good at something and i cant judge that having done it myself.

I disagree with you Johnny. There is nothing wrong with saying out loud you have a talent. Or that you're really good at something. This sure helps with selfesteem. And selfreflection is also about positive things, not just about pointing out whatever it is someone needs (or feel they need) to improve or change.

Now, for my talents??? I'm excellent in, ehm, chainsmoking, staying up late...;-)

I am good and refurbishing furniture.

I buy cheap furniture at like thrift shops and then repaint it and fix some of the easy issues ( loose screws ) and it looks like something out of an ikea catalogue. The only problem lately is that then I have too much furniture. But hopefully I can sell them.

LonelySutton said:
I am good and refurbishing furniture.

I buy cheap furniture at like thrift shops and then repaint it and fix some of the easy issues ( loose screws ) and it looks like something out of an ikea catalogue. The only problem lately is that then I have too much furniture. But hopefully I can sell them.

I have a lot of admiration for that kind of accomplishment!

I bake breads and sell it at the farmers market. I have a lot of repeat customers and friends of repeat customers who come looking for my table. I'm a beekeeper too and sell my honey....gonna take a long time to make back my investment in beekeeping equipment though.

constant stranger said:
I have a lot of admiration for that kind of accomplishment! I'm a beekeeper too and sell my honey....gonna take a long time to make back my investment in beekeeping equipment though.

I despise bees. Seriously I have almost killed myself several times because a bee got in my car.

I am not that talented. I figured out it is pretty easy to sand, prime, and paint almost any furntiure with a black color that makes it look like "expresso". I also discovered a few blogs that show you how to make things out of preexsiting furniture. So like you can go to the craft store and get precut pieces of balsa wood to glue on the outside of a dresser and make it look like an apocathary chest.

Painting, drawing, photography and to a certain extent, poetic writing.

- Understanding machines and their parts (cars, airplanes, computers) ... assembly/disassembly ("mechanically inclined")
- Understanding anything scientific
- Seeing connections/similarities between different spoken languages, and picking up words/phrases
- Producing blazing reflexes (I've saved many toothbrushes and porcelain mugs under the unopposed influence of gravity) ... probably the result of a hyperactive Amygdala, which is a defining characteristic of Borderline Personality Disorder, aka "hypervigilance"
- Writing posts on forums that no one cares to read

nevermind

TheSkaFish said:
I'm good at reading, listening, and communicating my thoughts. I also have a pretty good memory.

I WISH I was better at creative things, such as writing, guitar, and drawing. I also wish I was better at figuring out cool things to do and places to go and creating memories and stories.

^still this, I guess.

It all comes down to passion for me. If I have it, I'd like to think I'm good at graphic art and web design. Self-taught since 14. I had a profitable (for a kid at least lol) Dragonball Z website lmao. Which is precisely why I can't do it as a profession even though I have the skill set.

To be perfectly honest, I'm sure some of my insecurities keep me from realizing most of my traits that some may say are good/talented. For example, I don't know if I necessarily agree with this one but but I've been told that I've got a knack for making people feel accepted and at ease.

It's not entirely selfless, I just want everyone to be themselves and calm around me. Treat others how you want to be treated is my mantra. Just like anyone else, I just want to be accepted and understood too. Just remember... that you too, can misunderstand yourself at times. It takes another viewpoint from the outside and if you're willing to open your mind... may actually put things into perspective.

I am good at sewing, drawing, crafty stuff. I want to make money from it but more importantly I want to make these talent for my home and my small family.

Without even thinking about it, I always know what time it is. I see it in red LED in my mind... probably an association I picked up from a clock somewhere. I can tell you when 2 minutes, 71 seconds or 11 hours, 37 minutes have elapsed... pretty much flawlessly. Never needed an alarm clock or timer.

I can pack odd objects into a given space, in what I think must be the most efficient way. Again, no thinking required.

I have a photographic memory for printed words, so I only rarely make spelling mistakes. I see most words as they appear in black text on a white page. Some, I see in handwritten script or decorative fonts, probably depending upon where I imprinted upon them first.

OTOH, I'm spectacularly bad at any math that requires the ability to see a pattern in order to work out a solution-- very basic algebra, f'rinstance. I think it's a function of the way my brain is wired, like the 'talents' described above.

Also, a couple of years ago, I began struggling to remember names-- particularly celebrities, but also, people I know, but haven't seen in many years. I'm fine with names of countries, colors, plants and animals-- it's only people I can't recall. That may just be middle age at work, though.

Ohh... 
How pathetic that I can’t think of one thing to write here that I’m good at. 
Lol. Yeah, I’m bumming this thread out. 😂

LOL I can't think of anything either.
I'm not good at anything! I'm pretty good at failing at life though!

giphy.gif

Whaaa.... come on you two lol. I'll tell you two what you're good at.
MissBehave said:
Ohh... 
How pathetic that I can’t think of one thing to write here that I’m good at. 
Lol. Yeah, I’m bumming this thread out. 😂

Your highness, you're good at lightening the mood and bringing life here. Resident emoji queen. 😇

You also have an extremely high EQ paired with realism. Not usually a mix you come across but that's what makes you truly unique. I really admire that perception of others. You have a natural knack for it.
ahsatan said:
LOL I can't think of anything either.

I'm not good at anything! I'm pretty good at failing at life though!
You just literally did what you're best known for being amazing at and without a fault here. Again :

Hugs!! xD

You're a lot stronger and less miserable than you give yourself credit with all them hugs lol. ;)

And you're forgetting your sure favorite. Caring for and loving animals. Surely you can agree to that! :)

Latest posts

Back