What do they want?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTam

Reaction score
Is it an advantage to be a kind person? Is it good to be a loyal person? I'm really confused!
What do women want?
Do they want a kind person or a ...?
Do they need a loyal person or a Don Juan who would play around with others?
or do they search for a rich person, a younger or an older?

I'm confused because I'm living now in a place where the common thing is getting involved in multi relations or cross relations. Many women say they have husbands or boyfriends and beside their relation an affair or more. They find it normal and don't have a problem to mention it.
I think differently, I respect a relation if I have one. In such confusing freedom - as they name it - I don't find a chance to have my dream girl.
I know that I cannot generalize it, but it's upsetting me.

I'd like to hear your opinion, specially from the women here, what do women want: love, security, money, a kind man, a caring person, children, family, ......... or just a spicy relationship, or what else, I really want to understand women ???

There is no answer, every woman is different and has different expectations in life and in a partner.

All people want someone they are attracted to or in love with. Just because you marry someone when you are 20 does not mean you will be attracted to the person they will become in the next 5 to 10 years. That is how life is sometimes. People love to forget that people change with time. We do not get married and they stop growing... well some people do.

Another reason why people do what you describe is because they can. If you have someone who will blindly believe any lie you tell them no matter what. Why not take advantage of that? Why not see what you can get away with? Why not increase your happiness? Just because you are happy does not mean you cannot be happier.

Who is to say that the affair is anything worth mentioning? After all, there are plenty of people who are Swingers or have an open relationship. As long as you love the person you are with and they love you who cares? Also, if your lover does not mind you dating around while they date around, why not do it?

There are many reasons and ideas of what people want. So stop asking about what others want and start thinking about what you want.

Everyone has free will. If someone wants to be in a relationship where they have other lovers or cross-relations, well, that is their free will and it has to be honored.

Me, I'm a loyal kind of person. In my youth I was very much the slut, and cared little of the consequences of sleeping with alot of women. I was in a band, and met women all the time. As I got older and wiser, I wanted loyalty in relationships. One partner loyal to me, and me loyal to them. No cheating, or any of that.

If you want a loyal relationship, then put that out there. Let women know what it is you want. Before you get too involved with them, find out her expectations, and let her know yours.

Every woman is different depending on their age, maturity level, personality, culture, career aspirations, etc. So I can' t answer for other women but I' d want someone trustworthy & loyal. Since I have a young daughter, I have to be cognizant of protecting her needs too.
And someone who doesn't mind killing spiders in the house is nice too :D

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Every woman is different depending on their age, maturity level, personality, culture, career aspirations, etc. So I can' t answer for other women but I' d want someone trustworthy & loyal. Since I have a young daughter, I have to be cognizant of protecting her needs too.

Teresa
Girls can squish their own spiders. I never kill insects in the house. We all live in harmony. Especially me and those who eat insects.

Women want 4 things in a man:

Financial Strength: This is self explanatory. Do you have money? Will you be able to buy her nice things? Will you be able to take her to nice places?

Emotional Strength: Do you have a proper masculine personality? Are you dominant? Are you assertive?

Physical Strength: Will you be able to protect her from other men? If someone gropes her at a club, will you be able to do something about it?

Social Strength
: Do you have friends in powerful places? If she gets a DUI or gets into trouble, do you have connections that will be able to get her off?

Note that none of these strengths require kindness or loyalty, so having those traits isn't really an advantage. Some of them get easier to acquire as you get older (except maybe physical strength), so it's not that women prefer older men, it's just that they usually have more to offer.

AFrozenSoul said:
SofiasMami said:

Teresa
Girls can squish their own spiders. I never kill insects in the house. We all live in harmony. Especially me and those who eat insects.

Well I beg to differ. I'll never live harmoniously with a black widow spider :D Those make me squeal like my 6 year old daughter! I came literally face to face with a praying mantis while gardening once - oy vey . But I left it alone since I was in it's territory :)

Teresa

TomTam said:
What do women want?

Multiple women have told me they want someone they have nothing in common with and someone they don't get along with.
I just refuse to listen to them and I keep trying to find someone I have things in common with and who I do get along with. Unfortunately that doesn't work. *laughs*

Okonkwo said:

Financial Strength: This is self explanatory. Do you have money? Will you be able to buy her nice things? Will you be able to take her to nice places?

Emotional Strength: Do you have a proper masculine personality? Are you dominant? Are you assertive?

Physical Strength: Will you be able to protect her from other men? If someone gropes her at a club, will you be able to do something about it?

Social Strength
: Do you have friends in powerful places? If she gets a DUI or gets into trouble, do you have connections that will be able to get her off?

So the perfect men would be a mafia boss who looks like the young Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Okonkwo said:

Social Strength

Note that none of these strengths require kindness or loyalty, so having those traits isn't really an advantage. Some of them get easier to acquire as you get older (except maybe physical strength), so it's not that women prefer older men, it's just that they usually have more to offer.

Christ you make a relationship with a woman sound like training a puppy.

Give her a biscuit now and then and show her who's boss. Ok got it. :rolleyes:

SofiasMami said:
Well I beg to differ. I'll never live harmoniously with a black widow spider :D Those make me squeal like my 6 year old daughter! I came literally face to face with a praying mantis while gardening once - oy vey . But I left it alone since I was in it's territory :)

Teresa
True, those that can cause me to die are squished. However, all the ones that just cause pain when they get trapped in your bed and bite the crap out of my leg. They are ok because they are good pests.

SofiasMami said:
praying mantis

Very beautiful animals in my opinion. :)
And I rarely say that about about insects... maybe butterflies... or maybe these cute little deep sea insects:
300px-Giant_isopod.jpg

Oh no wait, an isopod is no insect... he is a crustacean!

The only thing I don't like about praying mantis, is that the females eat the males after sex... guess the already said "black widow" is the same.
But maybe that's what women want! A guy who feeds his woman after sex. :D
(Just trying to get back to topic, sorry.)

LOL a mafia boss...
I guess it's more about will:
Does he have the will to give things and do stuff, even inexpensive ones, is he a giver and does he have a sense of adventure?

Does he have the will to be acceptably self reliant and independent, or is he looking for a second mom?

Does he have the will to protect her woman, even if that means getting his ass kicked? If he can carry his woman to the bed, a bonus, but not strictly necessary

and
Does he have the will to integrate in the world, is he open to others and to make connections?

Kindness and loyalty are the basis for all of the above

hey this mafia boss/Swarzenegger example is very enlightening, after all!

The Good Citizen said:
Okonkwo said:

Social Strength

Christ you make a relationship with a woman sound like training a puppy.

Give her a biscuit now and then and show her who's boss. Ok got it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back