what do you do...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my tuppence worth
Men have abused me, controlled me, ripped me off, made me feel worthless, made me want to not be here anymore, made me physically harm myself etc etc, i could go on.
This is life, i'm not the only one, many people here will have suffered far more greatly than me.

But how do i cope and not hate ALL men
I see the positives, I made bad choices, everything that has happened to me is not simply a producet of MEN but of my relationship with them therefore i am also to blame.

But I have friends who are in the most wonderful relationships with fabulous partners, my parents have been together since they where 16, i work with 100's of men and i see many good guys (and many bad) this all makes my heart happy. I am a realist, there is a huge amount of scum out there, people have too much these days and lack morals and values, but i keep the faith that one day my intelligent geek will come lol
The good people are out there, we just gotta find them and not give up...keep looking, have faith xxx

I guess we all have something to hate.
I am married, for 20 years I thought things were good, then one day, out of the blue, not fighting or anything she tells me she just married me as a means to survive., that she cares about me but doesn't love me and never has. She has never had to work a day in her life (at a paying job) and now gets half my retirement and everything. Could I hate her? Could I hate all women? Yes, but I don't because I know not all women are bad. And my marriage give me my daughter so it wasn't a waist of time. I still hope to find true love some day.

So what do I hate?
I hate that some people never take the chance for love because they fear getting hurt.

Knightsofwar210 said:
COOL IT YIN! Sorry Bureau Yin as we can see by her avi is obviously young and immature. She sounds intellegent but maturaty goes a long way. I feel like you do Bureau but it's not that I hate woman, I just can't stand it. I feel ugly. I'm not confident in myself.

Silence KId said:
Yin... you need to check YOURSELF into a loony bin, this is supposed to be a helpful environment. can I point you to here for your annoying rants -------> http://www.feministactivistforum.org.uk/userimages/forum.htm

take you politics somewhere else. PLEASE. someone here is HURT, THEY NEED OUR HELP, not our CRITICISM.

sorry you had to be abused like that bureau. there will be crazy radicals who LOOK for sexist comments everywhere they go, ready to pounce on the person who said it. These people give a bad name to their sex.

:club:
Coming in and woman bashing isn't a cry for help. I'm sorry you people think it's cool to hate women but it's not. Call it radical all you want but despising women because one or two did you wrong is utterly retarded and downright disgusting. Grow the up and join the 21st century.

Geez... Stop the argument. Some people are just not born or raised strong minded as you are Yin.

Anyway, I think you need a confidence boost. A make-over can boost tremendous amount of confidences (it did for me anyway). Dress what suits you, style the hair that fits you etc etc. Make an effort to keep this going, perhaps plan it for about 30 minutes or even an hour before you head out. Before you know it, you'll start liking yourself. Also smile, even at strangers.

Since you still haven't got one, think of it as they weren't right for you, and that's true, they're not. You don't want to end up being with someone who will use you. And you shouldn't dwell on it, just brush it off and keep trying. But you have to try, if you don't, you'll never find her. You have to go through all the obstacle for true love. It doesn't magically appear. (You'll be extremely lucky if that happened) A girl doesn't want a guy who gets depressed over stuff like this, a girl loves a guy who tries.

Latest posts

Back