what do you live for

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haven

Reaction score
through out time man has always pondered whats the meaning of life there is no one answer to that question because we make value in our life we make our lives priceless or worthless so Im asking the people what gives you worth, value what do you live for there are some people who are blinded and no longer can see the big picture by the dark fog of depression maybe thinking of whats important will help shed some light through the dark times

my reason for caring on came to me recently I promise a friend whom I met in High School who took his own life that I would start living a life worthy of the two of us my nickname Haven was originally his so I value it as a treasure it came from both our home towns New Haven Connecticut

so reply and lets see what brings value to our lives and makes it worth living

I live because I don't want to hurt my family by taking my own life. I can't do it to them so I keep on living. I guess that's what I live for.

Jesse said:
I live because I don't want to hurt my family by taking my own life. I can't do it to them so I keep on living. I guess that's what I live for.

So for them you life is a treasure by protecting yourself you protect there happiness

I love them so much that i can't hurt them by killing myself. I've been suicidal often, but the thing that keeps me from doing it is them. I have my brothers names tattooed in japanese lettering on my upper arms as a constant reminder that they love me and that'd it'd hurt them if i did anything to myself.

psh if i knew

i live because i'm too afraid of death

other than that a good book
some daydreams

endorphins

finding someone

*sad whine*

hmm

i don't have to guts to not stay alive

evanescencefan91 said:
psh if i knew

i live because i'm too afraid of death

other than that a good book
some daydreams

endorphins

finding someone

*sad whine*

hmm

i don't have to guts to not stay alive

That's another thing for me. I act like I've given up hope on it, but I still believe there's someone out there for me. Evanescencefan, don't give up! There's someone for you too.

evanescencefan91 the funny thing about being are age is we aren't really sure of any thing I bet If you think about you will value in your own existence do you wonder why adults value the young they value us because youth has infinite potential you right now can go to college and become anything cure disease we lead tomorrow so why dont you live for the potential great you could be

Sometimes I wonder.

I'm 21, born in to what I truly believe to be the Failure Generation. More narcissistic. More irrational. FAR more uneducated. More irresponsible and unstable. And more gullible, than ever before. I wonder if this is the generation that will see the end of America? If there are history books in the future (not that most of us can or choose to read them), I doubt they will have anything good to say about us. I sure as hell can't see any good coming from it. And the worst part is, we're already having children of our own, to spread our senseless values, lack of drive and accomplishment, and self-destructive tendencies to and advance in to the Future of Fail.

Drop out rates have never been higher, and almost NONE of these kids seem to have any drive to actually work. Their sense of entitlement sickens me to a furious rage. And none of them care about what happens in the world around them...and those that do are content to throw around the latest popular news topics and look no further than their oh-so-trusty news reporters and the new president with the pretty words and speeches, who surely will not lead us astray because he is from a racial minority and it's wrong and racist to think he could make even the slightest mistake. Ignore that budding deficit and the insane tax rates we're all about to see. He'll make it all better. After all, we can just pull more money out of the printing presses in our asses. We're fine.

But it's not even about politics. We're messed no matter who's in the Oval Office, because today's youth doesn't have a clue, period, about anything. Not enough of them, anyway. And when faced with any problem, what do they do? Whine and complain. Whine and complain. Mommy, mommy, fix it.

Why do I live? I suppose I live to be better than them. Maybe it's something petty and bitter: perhaps I want to see my feelings justified, or be able to say 'I told you so'.

Perhaps I want to prove myself and the rest of the world wrong, and show them there's something worthwhile in this Ocean of Piss.

Perhaps I just want to advance my own hopes and dreams. Meet someone else who isn't a total waste of flesh and bone (and is closer than the internet) and fall in love. Maybe make enough money to live it up materially and not have to concern myself with any of this...who cares about Generation Fail if I'm anchored off the coast of St. Martin watching the sunset? I sure don't. They'll ruin themselves anyway...I don't have to be here to suffer for it.

The only thing I can discern for sure, the only constant motivation, is my career. I have a vehement passion for it, which is ironic in a way, because it eventually means helping those I seem to loathe so much (though the rage stems from sadness, not aimless anger). But I love the work, and I've learned to not let my personal feelings effect it. Maybe that's part of why I like the fire service and EMS; we're expected to set our personal lives aside to accomplish our goal. So I do, and in my professional environment I don't feel these feelings of disgust and rage so much. Disappointment, maybe. But that's about it. On shift I'm calm and motivated, ready to perform. At home, I sit and brood in disgust and anger. I think part of it is having time to think and take it all in, sitting here at home. Even to process some of what I see at work...the drunk kids killing themselves and others. The squallor and teen pregnancies and go-nowhere dropouts and drug addicts. And yet amidst it all, these kids dress and act to idolize their genres of Punk, Hip Hop, the emo/goth scene...and act like it makes them important and justified in...what? Some pre-conceived notion that these are the things life is made of? Again, the narcissism runs thick in the Ocean of Piss.

But then again, maybe if my artificial ventilations save some car crash victims, or if my IVs and chest compressions save an overdose patient, will they change their ways? Will they spread some sense to their peers? Is that so much to hope for? I think it might be possible. I saw the horror on their faces at our 'Grad Night' car crash demonstration. Some cried. They begged their boyfriends to 'never do that to them'. I was glad; they need to cry. They need to be horrified. This is the only way they'll get a clue at this point. Wake up and smell the ashes, people.

I can't explain it. It's so depressing to me how things are turning out. Is this normal for any generation of youth? Does it get better? When do the rest of us turn in to adults and become responsible, and start thinking? WHEN DOES THE ******* NIGHTMARE STOP? Or am I maybe observing life through a skewed eye glass, and missing some vast majority of responsible young people? All I know is, I seem to be surrounded by it.

I also know what I don't want to do in life. I don't want a child. Assuming he did grow up half decent, uninfluenced by the Ocean of Piss he'd be surrounded by outside the home, he'd still have to live in it. And there is no doubt in my mind that by the time s/he reached adulthood, the Ocean will have fermented in to something far more terrible.

I use the term 'we' loosely, I hope you note. I don't mean to be pompous but I do distinguish myself and most people I know here from the rest of our sad lot. We tend to be lonely because in a lot of ways, we're the last sensible ones left. The rest of them don't want us, I've noticed, because we bring reality and elements of respect, and that's just not fun for their little party world where everything is happy and colorful. Shut it out! Shut it out. Hide their heads in the sand long enough and I'm sure it'll all go away.

So ends the rant. In closing, I would never end it myself because that's a waste of what opportunity I do have, and against my sentient instincts of survival and all that jazz. But...part of me wouldn't mind if someday something got me. Far enough in the future that I can do what I want in life, but not so far off that I have to see things come to total ruin. I guess it's similar to the Viking concept of Valhalla and the Valkyries...I don't want to go down without a fight; but if I do go down -with- a fight, it doesn't seem so bad, because then at least I've lived.

And I could write an entire page on the breakdown of language, while we're at it. Here I am editing my post for a third or fourth time, tweaking this word and that, and yes, acknowledging the scattered structure of the thought process I've lain out. I do these things, and yet I can't even get the guy who's English papers I reviewed to lay out ONE coherent thought on paper using words longer than five letters? He just didn't care...and he is the majority.

Again, depressing.

I live for my son. I used to think, how horrible to bring a child into this world. But my son is happy, he enjoys life and he has fun. He contributes with his views on life and makes those around him happy.
I would never hurt my son intentionally. I live for him and actually find happiness in this...atm he is leading me thru WOW. He is level 70, I am level 12 so he is like my bodyguard....it is soooooo cool!

Brian said:
Sometimes I wonder.

I'm 21, born in to what I truly believe to be the Failure Generation. More narcissistic. More irrational. FAR more uneducated. More irresponsible and unstable. And more gullible, than ever before. I wonder if this is the generation that will see the end of America? If there are history books in the future (not that most of us can or choose to read them), I doubt they will have anything good to say about us. I sure as hell can't see any good coming from it. And the worst part is, we're already having children of our own, to spread our senseless values, lack of drive and accomplishment, and self-destructive tendencies to and advance in to the Future of Fail.

Drop out rates have never been higher, and almost NONE of these kids seem to have any drive to actually work. Their sense of entitlement sickens me to a furious rage. And none of them care about what happens in the world around them...and those that do are content to throw around the latest popular news topics and look no further than their oh-so-trusty news reporters and the new president with the pretty words and speeches, who surely will not lead us astray because he is from a racial minority and it's wrong and racist to think he could make even the slightest mistake. Ignore that budding deficit and the insane tax rates we're all about to see. He'll make it all better. After all, we can just pull more money out of the printing presses in our asses. We're fine.

But it's not even about politics. We're messed no matter who's in the Oval Office, because today's youth doesn't have a clue, period, about anything. Not enough of them, anyway. And when faced with any problem, what do they do? Whine and complain. Whine and complain. Mommy, mommy, fix it.

Why do I live? I suppose I live to be better than them. Maybe it's something petty and bitter: perhaps I want to see my feelings justified, or be able to say 'I told you so'.

Perhaps I want to prove myself and the rest of the world wrong, and show them there's something worthwhile in this Ocean of Piss.

Perhaps I just want to advance my own hopes and dreams. Meet someone else who isn't a total waste of flesh and bone (and is closer than the internet) and fall in love. Maybe make enough money to live it up materially and not have to concern myself with any of this...who cares about Generation Fail if I'm anchored off the coast of St. Martin watching the sunset? I sure don't. They'll ruin themselves anyway...I don't have to be here to suffer for it.

The only thing I can discern for sure, the only constant motivation, is my career. I have a vehement passion for it, which is ironic in a way, because it eventually means helping those I seem to loathe so much (though the rage stems from sadness, not aimless anger). But I love the work, and I've learned to not let my personal feelings effect it. Maybe that's part of why I like the fire service and EMS; we're expected to set our personal lives aside to accomplish our goal. So I do, and in my professional environment I don't feel these feelings of disgust and rage so much. Disappointment, maybe. But that's about it. On shift I'm calm and motivated, ready to perform. At home, I sit and brood in disgust and anger. I think part of it is having time to think and take it all in, sitting here at home. Even to process some of what I see at work...the drunk kids killing themselves and others. The squallor and teen pregnancies and go-nowhere dropouts and drug addicts. And yet amidst it all, these kids dress and act to idolize their genres of Punk, Hip Hop, the emo/goth scene...and act like it makes them important and justified in...what? Some pre-conceived notion that these are the things life is made of? Again, the narcissism runs thick in the Ocean of Piss.

But then again, maybe if my artificial ventilations save some car crash victims, or if my IVs and chest compressions save an overdose patient, will they change their ways? Will they spread some sense to their peers? Is that so much to hope for? I think it might be possible. I saw the horror on their faces at our 'Grad Night' car crash demonstration. Some cried. They begged their boyfriends to 'never do that to them'. I was glad; they need to cry. They need to be horrified. This is the only way they'll get a clue at this point. Wake up and smell the ashes, people.

I can't explain it. It's so depressing to me how things are turning out. Is this normal for any generation of youth? Does it get better? When do the rest of us turn in to adults and become responsible, and start thinking? WHEN DOES THE ******* NIGHTMARE STOP? Or am I maybe observing life through a skewed eye glass, and missing some vast majority of responsible young people? All I know is, I seem to be surrounded by it.

I also know what I don't want to do in life. I don't want a child. Assuming he did grow up half decent, uninfluenced by the Ocean of Piss he'd be surrounded by outside the home, he'd still have to live in it. And there is no doubt in my mind that by the time s/he reached adulthood, the Ocean will have fermented in to something far more terrible.

I use the term 'we' loosely, I hope you note. I don't mean to be pompous but I do distinguish myself and most people I know here from the rest of our sad lot. We tend to be lonely because in a lot of ways, we're the last sensible ones left. The rest of them don't want us, I've noticed, because we bring reality and elements of respect, and that's just not fun for their little party world where everything is happy and colorful. Shut it out! Shut it out. Hide their heads in the sand long enough and I'm sure it'll all go away.

So ends the rant. In closing, I would never end it myself because that's a waste of what opportunity I do have, and against my sentient instincts of survival and all that jazz. But...part of me wouldn't mind if someday something got me. Far enough in the future that I can do what I want in life, but not so far off that I have to see things come to total ruin. I guess it's similar to the Viking concept of Valhalla and the Valkyries...I don't want to go down without a fight; but if I do go down -with- a fight, it doesn't seem so bad, because then at least I've lived.

And I could write an entire page on the breakdown of language, while we're at it. Here I am editing my post for a third or fourth time, tweaking this word and that, and yes, acknowledging the scattered structure of the thought process I've lain out. I do these things, and yet I can't even get the guy who's English papers I reviewed to lay out ONE coherent thought on paper using words longer than five letters? He just didn't care...and he is the majority.

Again, depressing.

Brian It seems what angers you is the ignorance of youth only the most mature can see people are living older to ages like 80 and 90 people use to have trouble living up to age 40 lifespan is doubled an odd effect appeared know it takes teens twice ass long to mature into adults as humans we make take things for granted all the time Im sure you hear a few middle age men and women say things like they wished they went to college or pursued there dreams the whole you don't now the vaule of water till the well is dry thing the majority dont alwase understand even if they are told 100 times a day It might asking much but be patient with ignorant youth just look at yourself If your hatred for others can be overcome thanks to your duty as fire fighter then ignorance that comes with youth can be over come by time which we now have more of

I live because that's what I am supposed to do and I live to find hope.

I've have it all and lost it all.
I came into this world with nothing and I'll leave it with nothing.
What's in being is a thrill of a life time or a fucken trip.lol

I was born in the back woods of Thailand. The house I was borned in was bascailly a shack.
My real father was an alocholic. He used to beat the honeysuckle out of my mother and me too.
I remember one night hanging on to mother legs as a child in total darkness scared to fucken death.
My mother was scream and crying holding all of her children..but father locked her out of the house.
My memories of my father is me flying through the fucken and hitting the fucken 5 feet in the air..gravity sucks ass.
I still have nightmairs or that thought is still with me today...If I think of my father..that's the first thought that comes to mind.
He used to beat the honeysuckle out of me senseless...Maybe I have fucken brain damage from it ...I don't know.

As poor as we were, my mother busted her ass to buy me an education. An education is not free in Thailand.
I was sent off to boarding school. I got shipped from from relative to relatives. I lived in slums of Bankgok for
a couple if years. I felt mother abandented me. Life was hard and sucked ass the moment I came into this
world.

That's why fucken baby screams...lmao..." oh fucken no...I'm a fucken human again"lmao
PAIN....whaaa whhaaaaa.

I immergrated to the USA at the age of 8...
Holy fresia!!!!....Poeple actaully hates me just for fucken breathing.
To top it off my step father is a fucken alcoholic too..I get my ass kick just for breathing...
As a matter of fact..he fucken went ape honeysuckle on me again yesterday.
I've written many, many times of my past or experince on this site.
I've lost everything..but most important the people I love every much...throught death or alcoholism.

Why am I alive ??? For a moment...I really wanted to kill myself again last night.

Breath..Michael..breath.
You fucken breath inspite of it all.
You learn how to be happy inspite of it all.
You Love inspite of it all.
Love conquard ALL.
You are LOVE so BE IT.

I'm a spirit/instrument of GOD having a human experince with all the fucken truama and dramma.
It is in this life time or the next..that I will learn or achive unlitmate enlightenment.
It is in this life time that I will learn to let love shine through inspite of it all.
I'm evolving as a person.
I'm also in an evolutionary process of my soul.

Live, Learn, Evolve.
I'm here now..I might as will deal it with..For better or worst, the honeysuckle all comes out in a wash.
There's lessons in every life experince...wheather I deem it bad or not.

If I kill myself...I might come back as a lower form and have to learn lessons again.
It would totally sucks ass too if I come back as a fucken deer.
A deer stairing into headlights....:p (Brian driving the fucken truck probably.lol)

I was probably fucken Hitler or Nepolian in my last life time...LMAO

I have never wanted to end my life.
Someone else wanted and tried to end it for me when I was a kid.

I live for life itself.
I live for the beauty I find in nature, in animals and in music.
The beauty in music is incredible. The passion, the pain, just amazing.

But most of all I live for the days I'll get to spend with Sanal.

Well mostly I live to make it to the next day. But I also believe in many causes and so tend to try to further those causes when and where I can, because I at least believe it helps people.

So I try to bring people to the wonders of nutrition and eating right. In the same ballpark as this I believe in orthomolecular medicine.
I am a member of CCHR and try to stomp out many of the beliefs that some call psychiatry.
I believe that most religions distort, convolute, and miss direct people from dealing with things head on so would like to see most religions abolished.
I believe the environment is important and that all life is pretty connected.
I think that net neutrality is important.
I think that education and teaching people to look fully at more then one side of things is important.
I hate corporate greed and corruption so try to point that out when I see it.
I am against drugs and narcotics. Pretty much anything addictive or that causes withdrawl.
I believe the people should do to others what they themselves want in return. Which from me usually results in scorching honesty.
I am against fighting wars unless there is a really really good reason. A few thousand terrorists isn't a reason, especially when your commander and chief is an idiot that kills and hurts innocents and causes a rise in terrorism rather then a decline.
As I wanted before 2006 to 2008( when I got sick from distilled water) I wanted to reach 200lbs. So I want to put on 50lbs of muscle. And it isn't about looks, though that is nice too. Strength rules.

I am sure I could come up with a bunch more things.

Those random, sudden impulses to do something crazy and out of this world.

I live because I foolishly hope my life will get better sooner rather than later, and that I'd be too scared to end it all.

SimizAkri said:
Those random, sudden impulses to do something crazy and out of this world.

I could say it's same for me ^_^ I live so I can wake up in the morning and leave for work, I love my job and I think that's the best thing in my life, if I would lose it... well, then I would lose my hope too :)

Latest posts

Back