What is your reason for being on this site?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined this site because I was alone after having moved. I stay because this site supplements my lack of a social life in my offline life. I am no longer sure whether or not I will get to a place where this site will no longer be of any use to me. I left a couple of times, for a while, but I seem to always end up back here.

I think I'm here because it's hard to find people where I live who (I think) understand, share or even care about some of things I can discuss on this forum. Doctors can help with things such as depression but I think the ultimate medicine is talking.

I want to know who am I , talk to people who search something or need someone to talk to. I search answers for my questions .

I am here to help whoever is in need, to be there for anyone who needs someone. Sometimes probably to vent my emotions and thoughts.

I came here because i was feeling depressed and alone. Now i'm staying to try my best to help others, and write down my thoughts when i'm feeling down, to get useful advice.

to survive the depressive moments when I have no one to talk with, to feel that there are others in the same situation and they manage, so why couldn't I - to see if I can say something useful to another human being

Im bored and lonely and figured this forum specifically for that would get me to connect with others who feel the same

I used to be an avid poster on another forum when I was younger. Since I was younger I was also sillier and had more laughs from my posts. I still go back to that site and search my past posts and they still crack me up sometimes.
Maybe I thought I could have those experiences here. But, alas, people grow, people change. I'm not a silly kid anymore.

To connect with other people who are lonely, for whatever the reason, share experiences, maybe even socialize/befriend a few.

I joined back in September because I was going to my first semester at college. I was already feeling pretty lonely before it started up, as most of my friends had either drifted away or gone on to new places, and my cat was euthanized, so I figured I'd got nuts when I started going to college. I started looking up stuff about loneliness and depression; I eventually stumbled upon this site.

I am lonely, I miss sharing anything, whatever it may be! I had lived abroad for several years and ecommunication or ecommunity (same thing?) was becoming of me. I know I can better express myself through such and I miss that too... What got me here was searching for solutions to loneliness.

A small need for human interaction beyond the people I HAVE TO deal with on a daily basis

Well, I was lonely, for starters. And coming here to get help and to help others does alot to help. I've met alot of good people here, and I'm grateful for that. :)

ThisSideOfTheRainbow said:
Well, I was lonely, for starters. And coming here to get help and to help others does alot to help. I've met alot of good people here, and I'm grateful for that. :)

My sentiments exactly.

Latest posts

Back