What is your reason for being on this site?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I'm tired of wearing masks of fakeness all the time. I need a place to show my true self. That person that nobody wants to see/hear/etc.

I'm alone, not only because I've decided to, but also because I want to hide it all from everyone.

Gondwanaland said:
Because I'm tired of wearing masks of fakeness all the time. I need a place to show my true self. That person that nobody wants to see/hear/etc.

I'm alone, not only because I've decided to, but also because I want to hide it all from everyone.

Wearing masks everywhere can be very draining.

I like this place as a forum and as a place to express myself.
Because I feel like I belong here and like I am welcome here, even when I've been away for ages or hardly post.
Because I am naturally shy/introverted/socially awkward/bad at vocally expressing how I feel (I am a combination of all of these things, and typing is easier than talking for me).
Because I am alone, sometimes by choice, sometimes not.
Because I have always felt alone, even when surrounded by people whom I know to "love" and hold affection for me (family, friends etc.).
Because I feel like I can participate or not participate here and not be judged/looked upon either way for my interaction or lack of interaction.
Because there are people like me here.
Because people don't pry and pester me here.

I initially joined during an when I was a wreck going through an existential crisis. The warm weather came around and I thought I was happy again so I left. Fall arrived and my mood declined with it, or maybe it was just denial the whole time, so I came back (about the same time I had first joined, in fact - seasonal affective disorder?). At this point, I had matured emotionally. This resulted in me cutting out a lot of people from my life who were affecting me negatively - I even deleted my primary fb/tumblr for more private/exclusive ones - so I needed another social outlet (to post lots of images and other nonsense :p), although it was probably unwise to return to a forum of this nature when I'm trying to surround myself with positivity. I've gone through a lot of phases, changes and modes of thought during the past year or so, but I was never the type to dwell too much on my problems, have always loved myself to death and am usually content (or just distracted), but that's not good enough for me. I want to be at a much higher place emotionally. I guess since I'm here it means I haven't quite gotten there yet, but I'm working on it. Until then, I'll keep posting frivolous crap. :cool:

perfanoff said:
Gondwanaland said:

Gondwanaland, I can totally relate with what you say here.

And perfanoff, you're right too. It is very draining. Sighs..

ladyforsaken said:
perfanoff said:
Gondwanaland said:

Gondwanaland, I can totally relate with what you say here.

And perfanoff, you're right too. It is very draining. Sighs..

Those intangible masks are the heaviest ones.

monkeysocks said:
Wessik said:
You know, I find the death of passion to be a perfectly normal occurrence in relationships. I think people assume that a lack of passion is a lack of connection, but I don't see it that way. Once you've been in a relationship twenty or thirty years, and have had kids, and have raised them, etc, you're in a phase of life where dating and passion are no longer as important.

Of course, all this should be taken with a grain of salt, as I am twenty three years old, possessed of an extremely amorous nature, and am quite the dandy, if I do say so myself. :D

Oh right, I come to this forum because it is very relaxing to me. This forum is a place where I can get away from the stress of high expectations and future ambition, of which I have the portion of a BULL. :D

Thank you Wes - I now look forward to a future sitting like 'two book ends' at each end of the settee :D

I suppose I can take up knitting. :p lol

knitting monkey socks :3

i found this site after looking up "misanthrope" on google. for anyone that doesn't know, misanthrope means one who hates life. however i'm trying to change that attitude. throughout my life i've been very shy and sensitive and was bullied. i became a manic depressive also suffering from anxiety. i have little to no friends in real life, so i hope to find some people here on this site, and help cope with my mental illness. i'm liking it so far. it's not like other forums where people act arrogant or insensitive.

Gondwanaland said:

i hate hiding behind a mask too!! but it's so hard not to from fear of being looked down upon for who i am.

Actually I don't know. I'm not lonely anymore, probably because I have 2-3 friends here. :)

I followed my girlfriend here, due to insecurity. That's about as pathetic as I can be, really, since we've been together for near enough eight years. Insecurity is mostly gone now, but still. I'm not into the YOU CAN'T BE ON A FORUM/DO THAT/DO THIS type of relationship, even if I do try to express a wish, it'll never be a command. Generally if she says no with/without getting touchy about stuff, I'll just get depressed instead of mad. "Least I tried.." type of thing.

That's why I didn't start really using the site until about six months or so after I joined. Also don't worry, she knows I joined due to "stalking" etc, I told her so pretty much the day I joined...but I didn't exactly say that, lol. Yep joined cause I'm watching everything you post like A HAWK. Was more so I could possibly learn new stuff about her, that we no longer talk about since we know each other so well, there are little things everyone are so prepared to tell strangers, but not those closer to them. Makes no sense when looking at it from a distance, but perfect sense up close AND WHOA I'VE GONE SO OFF TOPIC I MIGHT AS WELL BE ON ANOTHER PLANET. READJUSTING.

I'm here to read, and if the mood takes me, exercise my fingers. AND NOT IN THAT WAY.

Wow. So we've another couple here? :)

Reminds me of my previous relationship. I stopped coming to the forum because he did and told me to as well. I stayed away for almost 5 years and then I come back last year, I wished I didn't do that. He underestimated me so much, it made me feel like nothing.

Anyway, good to have you here, Greb.

Thanks. So far, it's good to be here. :)

Yeah there's a fine line between having wishes that the other person, if they did love you and didn't want to put you about, would curb. That's not really controlling, but it is adapting. Always the problem when you get those relationships when one person is willing to do anything for the other, but the other isn't so willing - sure they'll love the other, but when it comes down to it, they wouldn't turn their back on something they enjoyed for them etc. But uh yeah, regardless of whether the relationship is very healthy or cruising by with a couple of coughs every now and again, being told what to do is the fastest killer. :( and it sucks.

Had an experience recently (well, not that recently, actually) where I had to explain that something I disliked (and thus got upset about) wasn't actually me telling them to not do it. Kinda sucked how they'd gone like 8 years thinking that was the case. It was like I couldn't even have an opinion, but it's fixed now and I can have an opinion yay and they don't automatically assume I'm controlling them. Which is good. Still sucks that she thought that for eight god **** years but, she obviously loves me since she never left me and such. In some ways we love each other even more now this hidden issue is resolved.

Uh I guess the point of that message was to point out how hidden feelings (like the case with your boyfriend underestimating you for 5 years - maybe) can always linger if they're aparently gone, and suddenly rise up and uh...be yay? Maybe.

Greb cancels task; write reply. Reason: went insane.

Greb has gone berserk!

Greb said:
It was like I couldn't even have an opinion, but it's fixed now and I can have an opinion yay and they don't automatically assume I'm controlling them.

I know what you mean! I experienced this too.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
I'm a rather shy person. I need an outlet to express myself.
Make new friends.
Help Others in need.
Forum looked very inviting.
I'm a loner.

This, pretty much!

Initially I joined because I wanted somewhere new to settle. For years I was happy on two other forums. But the one and only admin on one of them didn't like me. So after getting a few peoples contact details, I left. For a long time i stayed with that other forum but it moves slow for me at least as it's a Nintendo forum and I don't even play Nintendo games anymore.

The days its different. I like to help people and this is a good place to try and do it from time to time. However, I and a lot of people I used to talk to often on here seem to now only visit rarely.

I initially came here to complete a certain goal, i strayed from that a bit while here, but i'm back on track again. Luckily everything i've done here was pretty much in favour of said goal.

Latest posts

Back