What is your role in your family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
I'm kind of the person who gets blamed for everything, even if it's not my fault, and just kind of stand there and take it. :|
Then I have to get over it and go back to being the family stepping stone. Or punching bag. It depends on whether or not everyone's having a good day.

The mediator, the second parent, the care giver, the rational one. And when no one needs me to find, fix, or make something... I'm the invisible one.

The one who knows where everything is, the chef, the driver, the maid if I allow it, the homework helper, etc, etc, you get the picture...

Hi-
I'm the oldest of 5, so I've been put in charge of things and I'm supposed to be the mature one. One of my brothers was the scapegoat-type when we were younger and a lot of times I thought it wasn't fair for him to be seen that way.

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
I'm the oldest of 5, so I've been put in charge of things and I'm supposed to be the mature one. One of my brothers was the scapegoat-type when we were younger and a lot of times I thought it wasn't fair for him to be seen that way.

Teresa

I'm the second oldest of 4, but my half-brother lived with his father, so I ended up being the second caretaker and the mature one for a while until there was no one to take care of. Now I have my current title and I don't think anyone will be taking it any time soon ;P
Although I'm still expected to be understanding of certain things that I honestly don't want to "understand."

I am the person everyone comes to talk to if they feel down, shigh. Sometimes it gets heavy. But I am not a care taker, I use people.

SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
I've been used so much that I just don't care anymore.

No it seems like you've turned into the agressor so people wouldn't use YOU.

What is your basis on such assumption?

What you've said....

am I wrong?

And what I have said that makes you assume I am an agressor (which basically means I am searching out people to use)?

Do you know my life? My thoughts?

Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
SophiaGrace said:
Calm said:
I've been used so much that I just don't care anymore.

No it seems like you've turned into the agressor so people wouldn't use YOU.

What is your basis on such assumption?

What you've said....

am I wrong?

And what I have said that makes you assume I am an agressor (which basically means I am searching out people to use)?

Do you know my life? My thoughts?

She meant that you take advantage of people before they take advantage of you.

I'm the "creative listener" always... family, friends, everyone... It's fine, except when I have something to say... The rest of the time I'm the mom-wife-friend, DO-it-all woman...

Brother Karl said:
She meant that you take advantage of people before they take advantage of you.

*nods* That's what I meant.

I don't want to argue with you (Calm), I'm sorry. This should be a private chat. Youre right though, I DONT know you and am basing my opinions on what little I do know of you via your posts. Feel free to correct me though.

Nina said:
I'm the "creative listener" always... family, friends, everyone... It's fine, except when I have something to say... The rest of the time I'm the mom-wife-friend, DO-it-all woman...

People say you learn more by listening than talking....

Though I can relate to feeling unheeded when you want to say something and you've been the one to listen all the time.

Soph, I do think I learn a lot listening, but it's rough when you realize that is what you've become to the person...just a "sounding board" Then you just got to get cooking and find someone who will listen to you. That's what I did too! :)

Latest posts

Back