What is your weather like right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for us, we're going to have a snowstorm and a deep chill for a week, starting tomorrow. It's started cooling down already. I got one more run in tonight, since I think I'm going to be house-bound for the week - except shoveling, that is 🌬️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🥶
I enjoy colder weather, but maybe not as cold as you guys get. As long as the heating works and you have the right clothes, then fine, but nobody enjoys freezing really.

I enjoy colder weather, but maybe not as cold as you guys get. As long as the heating works and you have the right clothes, then fine, but nobody enjoys freezing really.
I do! I find cold weather invigorating. Back in B.C. where I moved from, they’re having a cold snap, like really cold - down to -35 C. I miss that weather. It’s great for going out and getting a good, brisk walk in, then coming into a warm house and having your skin feel all tingly and flushed - I love that feeling.

I do! I find cold weather invigorating. Back in B.C. where I moved from, they’re having a cold snap, like really cold - down to -35 C. I miss that weather. It’s great for going out and getting a good, brisk walk in, then coming into a warm house and having your skin feel all tingly and flushed - I love that feeling.
I like that feeling too, but “freezing” as opposed to “cold” is different. It’s what you are used to as well. I’d die in your weather lol.

It's OK, I'd rather have cold than extreme heat - that gets destructive and nasty.
Last few days I've been spreading red bark mulch over big garden beds, then hand mowed an acre that took fours hours (I usually do it over two days). It was hot and sweaty and dusty work. I fall in a heap at the end of the day and yesterday I downed a few ciders afterward while binge watching Modern Family.

Edit - this is a google earth shot from 2016 of our 1.3 acre block. You can see the red bark mulch I laid down back then and the area I have to mow.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Last few days I've been spreading red bark mulch over big garden beds, then hand mowed an acre that took fours hours (I usually do it over two days). It was hot and sweaty and dusty work. I fall in a heap at the end of the day and yesterday I downed a few ciders afterward while binge watching Modern Family.

Sounds like a solid day's work.

Oh man, and you hand-mowed too. That's brutal.
I don't mind cutting the grass in the summertime, in fact I find it kind of relaxing in its own way. It's something that I know, that I know what I'm doing. I feel in control. But I use an electric mower with a cord, not a mower with no power at all.

Those ciders sound well-deserved. I'm saving my last Christmas ales, for getting through this freezing week.

Sounds like a solid day's work.

Oh man, and you hand-mowed too. That's brutal.
I don't mind cutting the grass in the summertime, in fact I find it kind of relaxing in its own way. It's something that I know, that I know what I'm doing. I feel in control. But I use an electric mower with a cord, not a mower with no power at all.

Those ciders sound well-deserved. I'm saving my last Christmas ales, for getting through this freezing week.
note the edit on my previous post mate

-22 F and dropping.
Windy

It's OK, I'd rather have cold than extreme heat - that gets destructive and nasty.

I agree. The heat makes me not want to do anything; I find myself having more energy in the winter.
So I may actually receive some snow Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it, if only because I can use my new snow boots. haha.

Windy and cold. Tomorrow it is finally supposed to go above freezing.

Excuses. Strap on ice skates, bundle up and get out there!

That reminds me, I actually saw a few people out walking and even some running this past week, when the temperature was no higher than 10, and the Real Feel was negative.

I have to hand it to them, that's hardcore!

Latest posts

Back