What is your weather like right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heat dome is underway. Real feel over 100F today. I moved my setup and a lot of mine and my brother's stuff to the basement to keep it from being destroyed by the heat, and I put up a bunch of box towers to keep UV sunlight from hitting it.

Tomorrow is expected to be worse. The sooner it's over, the better.

Fvcked up and all over the place. :rolleyes:
For the last 3 days the forecast has been incorrect.
This is why I hate hurricane season.
It says it's gonna rain, and then it says the day is clear....3 days in a row.
I get why it is that way though.
It is that way because the radars are struggling with keeping up with the wild climate changes.
They've received some updates in an attempt to improve their accuracy but I mean I think they're due for another one again.
No rain is better than sudden downpour though.
I'll let you know if I see a sad bee girl somewhere.

Too warm for the season.
I actually just heard cicadas.
It's cool that they are still here, though.
I hadn't heard of Cicadas before and a quick google revealed probably why

"New forest cicada is the only cicada native to the UK; however these mysterious little critters haven’t been sighted in the UK for well over 10 years and are highly endangered if not already extinct."

I hadn't heard of Cicadas before and a quick google revealed probably why

"New forest cicada is the only cicada native to the UK; however these mysterious little critters haven’t been sighted in the UK for well over 10 years and are highly endangered if not already extinct."

Oh no :(

Hopefully there are still a few out there somewhere, and they can make a comeback.

They have an interesting color scheme:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicadetta_montana
I just heard the ones by me singing right now.

Maybe they go by a different name in other parts of the world? A lot of people call them "locusts".
But as it turns out, cicadas and locusts are actually very different:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/cicada-vs-locust/

Super cold, real feel is 21 degrees F right now 🥶

It's funny, less than a week or so ago, I went for a night walk in a t-shirt and shorts.
Today I'm not going for a walk at all because it's way too cold.

Latest posts

Back