What kept/keeps you from suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to stop the suicidal thoughts first because my mom would go crazy if I died, and second because its a sin.. I don't want to go to hell. As to my beliefs :)

I'm really depressed today that I feel like suicide would be the only way out of all I'm going through lately.. Mom will get over my death in some day.. And god might forgive me for killing myself and will send me to heaven.. I'm crazy I know!!! I'm not killing myself just thoughts :)

Even if I had absolutely nothing besides my body, I probably still wouldn't commit suicide because I would miss whatever funny or crazy thing my mind might come up with next. I dunno. As depressed as I am, I hardly ever become suicidal.

-acknowledgement of the chance I have to make my life one of happiness and WANTING to obtain that happiness
Seriously, the imagination of it is **** good bait! Take love for example. I've been without it for what seems like forever. But I remember a time when I actually felt like I was in love with someone and someone was in love with me. I know not everyone has had even that, but it's not necessary to have the vision.

-not wanting to hurt anyone (like mom or sister)

-I'm no coward, plain and simple. It's not like I'm being held captive and someone is torchering the **** out of me. It's not that I am physically in pain or have major mental issues. Why throw away the chance I have when this is the only life I'll live? Death is inevitable. Why the rush to reach something that is irreversible?

This poem helps keep me from thinking too deeply about suicide:

Résumé
by Dorothy Parker

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

My family.
It's not that I have suicide tendencies, even though the thought has occurred to me a lot, but it's always the "family" and some kind of moral responsibility that kept me away from actually offing myself. I would probably do it if I could cut my ties with my family.

i was always envious of ppl who are feeling like suicide is what is left...
cause as i understand it as leaving you life can be a good chance to start a new one because you don't give a honeysuckle about anything. nothing holds you back and you can do whatever is on your mind.. no responsibilities no boundaries
if i would hit that point one day (which most likely won't happen, i wanna live forever young...~) i will take my passport, leave the house and go round trip around the world. i wish i had the opportunity to do it right now ... but life sucks : p as a young adult i'm committed right now to build my future lol

Video Games pretty much. As pathetic as that sounds.

Just be glad you have something you're passionate about, better than being a grumpy bitter old man who can't enjoy anything, nothing wrong with liking video games, could probably be a career if you like it enough right =P? Life is short.

Fear of pain. Not wanting to cause suffering to my parents. An entire galaxy to explore through the star gate. That last one was a joke. It would be a sin to deprive the world of my sense of humour.

Darkness said:
Video Games pretty much. As pathetic as that sounds. :(

To me, video games are on par with many other hobbies and forms of entertainment, movies, books, whathaveyous. And some video games actually do have social circles in 'em as well, which is a nice bonus. LAN fun, or just organized groups and clans and whatnot.

As Lawrens said, it's far better to have something you love doing than not having anything at all. I always thought life is for the enjoyment of it by the person living it- one should find sources of happiness, however small they may be or seem to us.

Ladysphinx said:
What keeps you from killing your self or how do you fight the thoughts of suicide?

I've thought about suicide too many times....I haven't done it for two reasons: one- because something tells me things will get better for me though I don't see it coming at 32
secondly- I'm scared because christians say if you commit suicide here you'll go straight to hell and suffer again
So i'm just living my miserable life hoping things will get better for me

1. Fear of failure.
2. Making my parents sad and disappointed.

I wish I had an actual good reason though, since these two only make me feel like I'm trapped.

I wanna pull Eve's hair before I die.
Until that day comes I ma keep the faith . Stay strong. Keep it simple.
put one foot in fromt of the other.
Education myself N expand my mind
of how to improve my hair pulling skills. :p

Knowing that it would DESTROY my Mom.

Fear of death.

Some tiny crumb of hope.

Change of heart after getting a good sleep.

Yep, my mum would be badly crushed if I did this stuff now. But if she died I pretty surely would try to follow her as well.
If this life is not going to offer me any satisfaction whatsoever, then I see no point in messing around with it. Yet I regard such way of thinking pretty open-minded, so I chose the above condition (my mum fears my suicide so badly) as a guideline for myself.

Latest posts

Back