What kept/keeps you from suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promised my husband I'll never try again, and I will die to keep my promises. Also I can not imagine someone that will take better care of my children then I do, being a good mother is one of the few things I seem to be good in, and my kids only deserve the best. I have struggled with suicidal thoughts since I was 15, I now 31 and still have to fight them. I'm a christian and this has also in some degree helped me from going through with it.

Well, it's kinda lame, but the two things that always make me reconsider ending it are my favorite webcomics and TV shows. I have to know what's going to happen next with my favorite characters.

PaperKat42 said:
Well, it's kinda lame, but the two things that always make me reconsider ending it are my favorite webcomics and TV shows. I have to know what's going to happen next with my favorite characters.

LOL. A nice one !

I used to have pretty regular thoughts of killing myself until we learned my dad is very ill and will probably die this year. Now I am sorry I ever had such thoughts.

+1 to fear of failure.

If it doesn't work then, in addition to all of the struggles with the feelings I have now, I could have a mutilated body, less-functional brain etc...

well despite of being shy and selfcontious my self steem is rather ok, I love and value myself very much despite of considering me an ugly, weird and overall an unpleasant person to have around, but i stay away from other people anyways so It doesnt matter.

there is my family who care for me and I dont want to give them that grief... and I am curious to what the future depairs, I want to graduate from college and make some money... travel get to do stuff, I don't care If I'm all alone at least I enjoy my own company

I'm way too narcissistic to kill myself. Also, the hope that I can experience something good keeps me alive. And chocolates. You're dead you can never ever taste chocolates again. -.-

Three things:

1. The belief that all human life is sacred.

2. My daughter.

3. My other loved ones.

Ladysphinx said:
What keeps you from killing your self or how do you fight the thoughts of suicide?

This magnificently flawed personal belief: "Suicide is for the weak. I can't allow myself to be weak, therefore suicide is out of the question."

Still, on the bad days I have quite an urge to simply throw my car and myself into the Atlantic ocean (which, living around 10km from the Atlantic is quite a temptation) it would probably work pretty well too, ~40-50 meter fall into rocks and water, sounds efficient. So far I haven't done it, no idea about what the future hides.

s0dy said:
Still, on the bad days I have quite an urge to simply throw my car and myself into the Atlantic ocean (which, living around 10km from the Atlantic is quite a temptation) it would probably work pretty well too, ~40-50 meter fall into rocks and water, sounds efficient. So far I haven't done it, no idea about what the future hides.

With any luck, you would probably get stranded half in and half out of the car, with an air bubble inside keeping you alive, while you were pinned and eaten to death by sharks! :D

Just not wanting to let people down I guess... That and the thought of so many things I have yet to do that I look forward to.

What keeps me from sucicide? Isn't the question backwards? What impels me to suicide would me a better thread title.

I hear this song, and know there is no point in suicide:
[video=youtube]

granted, there are other reasons I would never commit suicide--it's selfish, I have too much to live for, I'm not depressed, etc--, but that song there (and the relationship it entails) is the main reason.

My niece and nephews. That's it.

Though I always tell myself they are young and will get over it eventually.

I'm very strong minded, and could never do such a thing.... My life is far from perfect, but I still value my life! I look forward to having my own home own day, working, getting married, kids.... the whole package!

I am also Catholic, and believe you should never end your own life. You gotta overcome the bumpy roads and never give up when things get hard!

Where did some of the old users go? eve? ladysphinx (creator of this thread)? joseph? and more...

I have dreams. Dreams that I have held onto since childhood. There are certain things that I know I need to do, certain cities that I know I need to see. Sometimes, when I got suicidal, I couldn't see those dreams and when I feel like I'll never accomplish them, I Ijust immediately know that I want to die, which is how I know I NEED to push myself and survive. I must suffer to gain.

Latest posts

Back