What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all can think whatever you want, it's still a free country... well, ALMOST, lol. It's a FRAUDULENT FREE COUNTRY, 10-4???   :(

Anyway, I drank some beer while watching the original 'FRANCIS THE TALKING MULE' and I haven't laughed so hard in ages... hadn't seen the movie in decades, you understand, and I served in the Infantry during the interim, so the mule's observations upon 2nd Lieutenants were spot on, lol. Funny flick, I enjoyed the heck out of it... soon it'll be dinnertime with a fresh green salad and some leftover carne asada action.   :)

Y'ALL BE GOOD, I'M OFF TO RAID THE FRIDGE FOR ONE MORE COLD BEER BEFORE I MACK HARD AND CRASH, LOL... CHEERS!!!   :cool:

Taking a nice cool shower after doing some work in the yard... just a little cleanup, plus refilling two of my suet feeders for the wild birds. It was warm out there too, with a touch of humidity, so the shower felt great afterward. Now I'm in the A/C, where I'll remain until the day cools off toward dusk.  :)

I don't even have to lock the doors here in my 'hood... but I do anyway, solely as a holdover from the Aaaarrghmy. Dunno why, since I also lock the gates, I could leave everything wide the fresia open and it probably wouldn't make any difference, lol. But this is programming left over from decades spent in the Big City... I don't envy you, that's for sure.  ;)   

P.S. I DO sleep with my windows open at night (screens in place to keep out the bugs), once the temp cools off enough. Old school, bro!!! Like the days when you could leave your front door open, just the unlocked screen door between you and the wide world, lol.  :rolleyes:

neighbors puppy got loose from the kids and ran over to me to get cuddles while i was going in and out with groceries.
probably smelled my sisters two dogs and mine.
adorable baby pit mix (not supposed to have pitts, even mixed, in these apartments... so, shhh) :D

Not today but yesterday - I went out of a walk, and a firefly landed on my arm. I love those little guys.

kaetic said:
neighbors puppy got loose from the kids and ran over to me to get cuddles while i was going in and out with groceries.
probably smelled my sisters two dogs and mine.
adorable baby pit mix (not supposed to have pitts, even mixed, in these apartments... so, shhh) :D

Aww, sounds cute!

Some Craig Turner videos, this guy is ******* HILARIOUS!!! We gots two videos on cats, and one on the "Cooler Drone." Funnier than honeysuckle, and some folks here obviously need a laugh, so here ya go:

Hilarious Cat Video 

Here's another funny cat video, ol' Craig must be some sort of engineer... he's certainly resourceful when it comes to dealing with cats, lol.

Another Funny Cat Video 

And the CLASSIC drone video, too ******* funny...

Cooler Drone 

ENJOY, YOUSE KNUCKLEHAIDS!!! I'M BACK TO MY BACARDI RUM/LIMEADE/BLUEBERRY LEMONADE DRINKS... GODDAM DELICIOUS!!! CHEERS!!!  :cool:

P.S. For those who find this guy hilarious, he has plenty of other videos on the web, some will probably appear to the right as you watch these, aye? He's a pretty ******* funny guy, I LMAO when I watch his videos. He's very creative when it comes to rigging up solutions, lol.

Djokovic winning Wimbledon.

I was expecting to smile if Italy won Euro 2020 but tbh penalty shootouts are a cruel way to decide matches.

My A/C electric bill arrived in the post, thought it was gonna be around $200 after that brutal heat wave, but it was only $132... so I'm roughly $70 to the good, lol. Downside is that my NEXT A/C bill will probably be $200, but at least I'm paid through August 24th. Cheers!!!

^ That's a great electric bill. Many neighbors are into the three hundreds already. I have a small place. My bill was $75. But, yeah the next bill will have all the 110+ days on it.

This place only has single-pane windows too... my home in Show Low had dual-pane windows all around, so it was very energy-efficient. Your neighbors are paying a little more because y'all are living at lower elevation, whereas this area cools down nicely every afternoon. In fact, the wind has picked up and it looks like we may get more rain this evening, which always helps to cool things down. I really like this home of mine in Cochise County, though I miss the White Mountains... but this area has its own charm, and it's still beautiful in its own right. Honestly, I just wrote this in another thread, but if you move at all you should stay in Arizona, just go higher in elevation & GTFO of the Big City, lol.  :cool:

^ I'm glad you are so happy with your home. It's also nice to see how chill the cats are. They are happy there too. I have two cats that hang around my yard because I don't have any animals. It's nice to see them and say hi before they dart off. I wonder how long it'll be before I start buying old bread to feed to the pigeons and call them my family. Ha! ha!

Yeah, I like this home, it's very comfortable and it's in a nice quiet neighborhood... very peaceful. When I bought this place, it was a train wreck of a fixer, a beat-up old double-wide which needed a shitload of work done to it. I actually had what they call "buyer's remorse" after I bought it, like, "WTF, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THIS PLACE?!?" Even though I only paid $36K for it, including the land, lol... but then I buckled down to work and got busy, and things changed, ya know? The place was depressing when I bought it, with dark ugly paint colors inside and very little light... I painted the entire interior of the home white, and slapped multiple coats of KILZ on the floor before paying someone to install new carpet. I took the three A/C units out of the windows and installed them in the nearby walls, which allowed SO much more natural light into my home... the windows were all ghetto before I did this, they had foam and plywood and other crap blocking the light, aye? Now the difference is literally like night & day! So the kittehs & I are happy with this place, I even widened all the windowsills for 'em and created "vertical spaces" and "cat caves!" Cats run the show around here, you understand. But the impression most visitors and guests receive when they enter my home is: "WOW! THIS PLACE IS COMFORTABLE AND IT HAS SO MUCH NATURAL LIGHT!" I don't like heaps of clutter, I like open space in my rooms, with furniture placed in such a way that it doesn't interfere with movement throughout the home. Anyway, this million-dollar view of the San Pedro Valley and Dragoon Mountains is making me smile this morning, it is absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!!   :cool:   

P.S. Good on ya for being kind to the kitties on your property, maybe they just need a quiet space too... and I actually have multiple bird feeders for the wildlife in my yard, I see all kinds of cool birds here. Just saw a tanager, with its trick yellow & black paint job... good-looking birds, those tanagers. We get several different kinds of woodpeckers too, I dig 'em all! The cats like eyeballing the birds, those knucklehaids!!! I gotta watch Tiger, he's a mean hunter and he'll kill birds whenever he gets the chance... I don't mind when he kills rodents, that's his job, but I wish he wouldn't kill so many birds and lizards. Sometimes I rescue the hapless critters in time, otherwise they're toast.  But how do ya keep a cat from being a cat? And my cats gotta run free, no way I lock 'em up indoors 24/7. They'll take their chances out in the wide world, same way I do. I lock 'em down at night whenever I get the chance, just to keep 'em safe, but they like roaming the 'hood, and most of the time it's safe enough for 'em, the real danger lies between midnight and dawn, when human activity dies down and predators infiltrate the 'hood to look for snacks.   :(

Latest posts

Back