what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg

Rodent said:

Watched Hotel Rwanda a couple years back but i never have been able to decide if i might like Stalker so i just think about watching that one.

Minus said:
Watched Hotel Rwanda a couple years back but i never have been able to decide if i might like Stalker so i just think about watching that one.

Don't want to generalize, but the few Russian movies I have seen so far always take a lot of time to tell the story and certain scenes "rest" for quite some time - it can come across as boring and dragged out. Stalker is no different there with a running time of 2.5 hours. It's not a bad thing, just something to anticipate. And it was actually the second time for me, watched it a few years back because of the eponymous video game.

Hardcore Henry. It was ok. Interesting is probably the best word. Very graphic at times. Very fun stunt choreography. It did feel like watching someone play an FPS game at times. It reminded of science fiction Far Cry. Which is sort of like the first Far Cry game. Only this was not on a tropical island. It's worth watching but don't kick yourself if you wait until Redbox or Netflix.

Rodent said:
... the few Russian movies I have seen so far always take a lot of time to tell the story and certain scenes "rest" for quite some time - it can come across as boring and dragged out.

The pacing was part of my concern. Then i was thinking that maybe "Crime and Punishment" (1970) would be a better introduction to Russian cinema for me since i really enjoyed the book but then i noticed that it is almost four hours long. That could be a plus as far as story telling but as hectic as things have been lately it could leave me open to feeling guilty for not getting more done.

y0QOPNJ.jpg

Przesluchanie (1989)

Latest posts

Back