what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eris said:
... but I wasnt impressed at all...

Yeah it is over hyped or something. I also found it to be rather boring.

blackbook.jpg

Minus said:
eris said:
... but I wasnt impressed at all...

Yeah it is over hyped or something. I also found it to be rather boring.

Yes, VERY overhyped. I guess it was pretty shocking for 1980. If you like such movies, do you have any reccomendations ?

mordumnew.jpg

now THIS was a sick movie. It is a fake snuff film, where the killers take a camera with them wherever they go. If I were to properly explain this movie I would probably be banned :p But I will say this, it is full of torture, murder, infantcide, and necrophelia. It was so intense because of the documentary-style camerawork. This is too much for just your average horror movie fan; only watch it if you can handle it.

up next, "slaughtered vomit dolls"

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. i thought it was EXCELLENT!!! EXCELLENT!!! EXCELLENT!!!

eris said:
Yes, VERY overhyped. I guess it was pretty shocking for 1980. If you like such movies, do you have any reccomendations ?

That is a good point. I saw it less than two years ago, though in the 80s it may have come across differently. I don't devote much time to that area because i am to frequently disappointed with the finds.

eris said:
I feel like I need to scrape my eyeballs clean and take about 100 showers. Do NOT watch this movie. It is supposed to be "art" and social commentary and blah blah blah. but it's really not. it's an abortion.

Reading de Sade books i found to be so repetitive that it was dull. His social commentary if frequently so elementary and oblivious as to be almost childish. I only bothered with this movie because i had no idea that dullness could translate to film. Well they sure managed to do that.

Maybe something about him such as Quills, may be more entertaining than an attempt to base something on his writings.

^^ Salo was 90 minutes of saying " I dont agree with Neitzsche. " Garbage.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last movie I watched was Gummo.

This is the best, most beautiful movie of all time.

I have seen it at least 30 times and I will see it at least 30 more.

gummo-01v.jpg

Here is the best synopsis I have read, and insted of doing actual work I will copy and paste this instead.

In this elliptical ensemble piece the teens of tornado-scarred Xenia, OH, kill cats, tape their boobies, arm-wrestle, bathe, cross-dress, huff glue, avoid perverts, pay to have sex with retarded girls, lift makeshift dumbbells to the strains of Madonna's "Like a Prayer," fight, cuss, shave their eyebrows, undergo cancer treatment, euthanize senior citizens, and pee on passing cars. A hallucinatory barrage of images and scenarios with little in the way of traditional plot, Gummo has been variously described as a surrealist joke, a visual poem, and a worm's-eye view of white-trash suffering. The main characters include Solomon (Jacob Reynolds), who sells cat carcasses to a middleman who procures them for use at a local Chinese restaurant; his mother (Linda Manz), who teaches him to tap dance while reminiscing about her dead husband; Tummler (Nick Sutton), a mullet-haired local sex symbol; a midget (Bryant L. Crenshaw); a pair of boy-crazy, bleach-blond sisters named Dot (Chloe Sevigny) and Helen (Carisa Bara); a slut with a lump in her breast (Lara Tosh); a group of drunken louts; and Bunny Boy (Jacob Sewell), who wanders the town enigmatically in a pair of long pink ears. In between scenes of these characters enacting their bizarre routines, Korine intersperses impressionistic and quasi-documentary scenes with voice-over narration that ranges from incest memoirs to arty dialogue along the lines of "He's got what it takes to be a legend: He's got a marvelous persona."

The basement scene

[youtube]/v/ij0YgYAofHk?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/youtube]

Fighting a chair

[youtube]/v/GHT4EejV6u8?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

my favorite scene

[youtube]/v/NDz_LM_DGws&hl=en_US&fs=1[/youtube]

Really, this movie changed my life.

It reminded me that life really is beautiful

-K

^^Must see this one soon! I've read Jon Ronson's book on which this film is based, and it is indeed a mighty hoot!

I would like to get around to reading the book, but the books are just kind of piling up on me lately.

edgecrusher said:
6tq0ec.jpg

it was pretty good. i always like movies like this though.

I was going to skip that one but after seeing an ad, i decided to give it a try. Now i am curious about the original version.

Abandoned.jpg

Abandoned (2010) was pretty bad. It's not worth it. The makeup on the actors is bad. The Plot is horrible. Acting is bad. Dont waste your time on this movie.

SophiaGrace said:
Abandoned.jpg

Abandoned (2010) was pretty bad. It's not worth it. The makeup on the actors is bad. The Plot is horrible. Acting is bad. Dont waste your time on this movie.

typical of the bullshit of coldcase.

pardon me, but Tolstoy said something once to the effect of once, 'there is no such thing as art'

Fritz Lang's 'M'. It was amazing, a brilliant social commentary on the true nature of evil being rooted in motivation action or in the action itself, the hypocrisy of criminal intent, as well as the lack of rational thought that can exist when people are motivated by hatred or fear. It also offered a potent portrayal of the psychological anxiety of a man fleeing from persecution, the sheer terror in the eyes of someone as they realize exposure is nigh.

Vampires Suck.

It wasnt very good. I dont like this type of movie, or many comedy movies in general. I watched it with my husband. He is much more forgiving of cinema than me.

I first read Interview With a Vampire in 1994 and in the past 16 years I have read [pause to look how many up, I dont remember everything ] all 12 vampire books, and also the mayfair series, and then, of course, the vampire/mayfair crossover books. I have read countless other books and have obsessed over dozens of movies.

My type of guy is that type of guy. Maybe now you can see my interest in bloodsuckers. I love vampires. I would probably like to be a vampire. I have loved some of the cheesiest vampire movies ever made. It is sex for me. Of course, everything is sex for me. Also, men in make-up and pale skin and dark hair. I always like that. I also love the stories, though. I like all the different versions. Buffy the Vampire Slayer vampires are weak, but I was obsessed with that show, too. Anne Rices vampires are very powerfull. I like the different legends, and different versions of vampires. I especially like it when they sparkle.

You heard me.

Twilight was a beautiful book, and so are the three that followed. I read them when they first came out many years ago. The movies ( except eclipse) have not lived up to the legends. Kristen Stuart is not a good actor, and she seems prissy. Do you know why they dont have sex? Because he will rip her apart and eat her if they start getting at it. There is this whole eat me/ fresia me thing going on. The scene in the movies where they kiss and he keeps pulling away...this is all lost on most people. She is immune to all vampiric powers, and he cannot read her mind. but I agree, she is a weak charachter and it was a HORRIBLE actress. She was unlikeable. And I like to just watch all of the nice looking young men. There has not been another movie series I can think of that had so many hot guys in it. Not just regular hot guys-these are some of the hottest guys ive ever seen. ( sometimes I think I am in heat. I need to hush now) . The second book was about depression and constantly trying to to subconciously kill yourself over and over. So, that didnt translate to movie very well. I liked Eclipse. It was pretty good. You should watch it. it is very....eventfull. This last book is twice the size of twilight, and there will be 2 more movies.

Prepare your diatribes now, for this vampire obsession has leapt from my brain to social consciousness. I dont know how I did it. Magic.

Latest posts

Back