what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flaneur said:
CABINETOFDRCALIGARI
That is an old, old film (if its the silent version) it was very good, the set design especially,ahead of its time realy compared to to other films of the time

The Good Citizen said:
kinzeUK said:
One for the David Lynch fans out there only (or if you are up for a 3 hour movie mind fresia and a half). Personally I loved it. Then again, I have a stork on for Lynch:

1eo2n6.jpg

Which one is it? I can't see the pictures at work, they are often blocked and people never write the title in! :)

Blue Velvet and Eraserhead are my 2 favourite Lynch films. Eraserhead is just one long anxiety dream, its brilliant. Twin Peaks too is perfect TV.

"Inland Empire" my friend.

And ditto@ "Blue Velvet" and especially "Eraserhead". The latter is a film I can't say I love per say. But it is the single most head shredding experience I've seen to date and I've seen a fair few of those. I loved the reviewer who said that it isn't so much a movie as more a half remembered dream. And the feeling is like having your face in a pillow.

...and I've had this in my head ever since.

[youtube]Z0vz4DbOjnw&feature=fvsr[/youtube]

MV5BMTU3ODg3MDAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0MDMzNA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Decent as a supernatural/scifi and as a romance, but given that it's based on Philip K Dick, not as wild and weird as I'd expect.

The Good Citizen said:
flaneur said:
CABINETOFDRCALIGARI
That is an old, old film (if its the silent version) it was very good, the set design especially,ahead of its time realy compared to to other films of the time

Yup, silent version. I've been on a German Expressionism fix lately.

freedom said:
I just watched 50/50 last weekend. It was a REALLY GREAT, FEEL-GOOD MOVIE that I recommend to everyone.

Feel-good movie? Don't lie to them! :p
I remember watching it in a theater with some friends and it being way too depressing for us to discuss afterwards.

Latest posts

Back