what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The%2BFountain%2BPoster.jpg

5nt6iw.jpg

4sxhyt.jpg

Adrift in Tokyo (2007)

...a road movie about a law student with over $8000 in debt being dragged into a long walk around Tokyo with a loan shark for a chance to clear his debt. Destination: Police station in Kasumigaseki. The film provides comedy and drama, as well as various scenes of Tokyo, which has the characteristic of rapidly changing scenery... (IMDB)

or05s0.jpg

29bj8s1.jpg

The Collector (1965)

The Collector refers to a lonely butterfly collector played by Terrence Stamp, who lives by himself in rural England. He kidnaps a pretty college student played by Samantha Eggar. He has no plans to hurt her but feels that the more time she spends with him, the more chances she will fall in love with him.

annik said:

I watched that a couple months ago. I thought it was one of the better 50s low budget Sci-Fi films. Maybe the stop motion in it created an appeal for me.

Receiving an X Certificate from the British Board of Film Censors it was considered to be pushing the boundaries of gore in it's day, though it is very tame by today's standards. Even though it is an English film, shot in England, it's Canadian setting brought some military questions to mind that i was going to check with Sci-Fi on but have long since forgotten.

Minus said:
annik said:

I watched that a couple months ago. I thought it was one of the better 50s low budget Sci-Fi films. Maybe the stop motion in it created an appeal for me.

Receiving an X Certificate from the British Board of Film Censors it was considered to be pushing the boundaries of gore in it's day, though it is very tame by today's standards. Even though it is an English film, shot in England, it's Canadian setting brought some military questions to mind that i was going to check with Sci-Fi on but have long since forgotten.

I was a fan of the stop motion in it too. I don't think any of them are bad films really. I've been enjoying them. I think Invaders From Mars does have a bit of a specail place in my heart though as I've walked past this poster in the hall ever since I met my boyfriend.

20itfdt.jpg

It was good to finally see it. I still have this one though...

205fpy8.jpg

^Both of those are pretty good, by my taste. I watched Invaders from Mars not too long ago.

2a7xx5y.jpg

34nsck5.jpg

What We Do Is Secret (2007)

""Set in the punk rock scene of late 1970s Los Angeles, this story is about the bold, tormented and ultimately used up Darby Crash and a band he led called The Germs. Darby formed the band as an expression of his contempt for the world and everything in it. He started it before he or any of his band mates could play their instruments, simultaneously lashing out at the expectations of the audience while mocking the band's own pretensions at significance. The movie follows the fairly predictable course of showing the bands ignoble beginnings, their rise to success and then the excesses that led them to destruction, but setting the tale within the subculture of late 70s punk rock gives it a slightly different sensibility. Inside that world, audacious and intemperate failure was prized more than triumph, self-abasement became a form of self-glorification and anti-social behavior became normality.""

n70lts.jpg

2hnvxxh.jpg

Fay Wray & Dorothy Burgess

Black Moon (1934)

A young girl who lives on a tropical island loses her parents to a voodoo sacrifice, but although she manages to escape the island, a curse is put on her. Years later, as an adult, she feels a strong compulsion to return to the island to confront her past. Her husband, her daughter and her nanny go with her, but once back on the island, the woman finds herself elevated by the locals to the stature of a voodoo goddess, and she begins her inevitable descent into madness, with disastrous results for her family. (IMDB frankfob2)

Love this movie. Not sure why, but it's something that I can watch if I'm feeling bummed/lonely and it makes me feel better.

onesheet.jpg

Latest posts

Back