What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fact: Social contact terribly tired me so hard, that i experiencing terrible headache or brain fog. I tried to run away from it, alcohol, drugs, excessive using internet etc. After a few years I realized that it's okay be alone and introvert.

bd1974 said:
I'm too short and ugly to be worthy of love.

I don't know if this is also a truth about myself but I feel the same way. I don't like my face and being five feet six inches tall I suppose I am short.

For the most hated and looked down upon people in the world, like myself - there's just not that much we can do. We're good, honest, upstanding people - but no matter what we try, things always go in the worst ways possible. There are too many complex "isms" getting in our way. And I know that my unique anxiety difficulties are never going to go away, or even decrease by any bit. And my anxiety problems are completely enmeshed with unrelenting stereotypes and stigmas that I suffer from, too.

I create my own private hells, continuously. Bitterness, resentment, jealousy, and this overwhelming feeling that everything is pointless makes me want to lash out and blame the world around me but the truth is, I only dig my own hole deeper every time I behave and think in that way. Yes, there's in fact some very real and justifiable truth behind it but either way, it's extremely counter-productive.

I disappoint and hurt people around me once I wear my past and experiences like some sort of defensive armor. You can't learn to let anyone in if you continue to dwell and wear your past. The same applies for thinking the future is hopeless. That negative thinking won't suddenly attract the positive. That's just reality versus expectations. You're putting that weight on innocent people in self defense and childishly getting upset that no one broke through it or saw the real you underneath it. You have to open your arms in order to be embraced. You have to get naked in order to be seen. It's not rocket science.

First step in most major healings, is to mostly look at yourself. You sometimes attract or push away the very things you do not want or infact thrive for purely in self-defense. It's far more easier to play the victim or dwell in self-pity than to acknowledge you're infact your own problem. It's essentially self-justified judging others from one's own anxieties or PTSD. If you're reading this, you know who you are, and I'm very sorry....

Siku said:
I create my own private hells, continuously. Bitterness, resentment, jealousy, and this overwhelming feeling that everything is pointless makes me want to lash out and blame the world around me but the truth is, I only dig my own hole deeper every time I behave and think in that way. Yes, there's in fact some very real and justifiable truth behind it but either way, it's extremely counter-productive.

I disappoint and hurt people around me once I wear my past and experiences like some sort of defensive armor. You can't learn to let anyone in if you continue to dwell and wear your past. The same applies for thinking the future is hopeless. That negative thinking won't suddenly attract the positive. That's just reality versus expectations. You're putting that weight on innocent people in self defense and childishly getting upset that no one broke through it or saw the real you underneath it. You have to open your arms in order to be embraced. You have to get naked in order to be seen. It's not rocket science.

First step in most major healings, is to mostly look at yourself. You sometimes attract or push away the very things you do not want or infact thrive for purely in self-defense. It's far more easier to play the victim or dwell in self-pity than to acknowledge you're infact your own problem. It's essentially self-justified judging others from one's own anxieties or PTSD. If you're reading this, you know who you are, and I'm very sorry....

Good post. I've a bad habit of inadvertent scowling and coming across cold or weird because of some underlying misdirected anger. You put it quite eloquently.

ardour said:
Good post. I've a bad habit of inadvertent scowling  and coming across cold or weird because of some underlying misdirected anger.  You put it quite eloquently.

Thank you, I hope what I've said has helped some. I know I don't contribute to many of them or make my opinions known but I thoroughly enjoy most of your posts and views. They're very interesting, and I'd like to think I understand where you're coming from. Forgive me, certain anxieties keep me away from touching some threads as I'm clearly very opinionated. I do in fact read most of them.

MissBehave said:
I like your babble Siku. 🎈

Just listening to you go is so.... ⭐
Thank you. You flatter me with your behaving, Miss.🧐

What happened to my girls. Thought swallow ismthe wrong word. Almost three years latter, I don't think it's something I'll ever live out of. Left me in my own kind of perpetual hell. Sometimes it's passable. Other times...

That i will never ever impart details about my life to a suppossed friend on line ever again.They will ghost you , mess with your head even though they promised they wouldn't. Just sticking to people i know in real life and can see into their eyes not invest in people on line ever again.

Just Games said:
That i will never ever impart details about my life to a suppossed friend on line ever again.They will ghost you , mess with your head even though they promised they wouldn't. Just sticking to people i know in real life and can see into their eyes not invest in people on line ever again.

This.

That I may never find peace of heart or mind.
That I may never feel genuinely loved or wanted.
That I am ugly, internally and externally.

Life will always be awful and unfair.

Sad-Pug.jpg

Latest posts

Back