What's the best game you've played lately?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chronicles of Riddick: Athena is surprisingly good, although a few annoying AI quirks keeps it from greatness.

I just finished Mass Effect, and now I'm looking forward to starting on Mass Effect 2.

Also, I played D&D tonight. That's pretty awesome, too.

All I play is card games on my laptop *fail*. I used to play racing games a lot but I got so stressy and sweary!

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution the other day. Best FPS/stealth game I've played in a long time.

I was a big fan of the original Deus Ex, so it was nice to see them go back to the original game mechanics with improvements with this prequel rather than the crap they brought in with the "sequel" Invisible War, which I hated.

The story was a bit wacky towards the end, but otherwise well plotted and enjoyable. Top notch gameplay and gorgeous graphics too.

I particularly liked how you could finish the game without killing anybody just like in the original (aside from several major baddies that you have to render dead, anyway). Unfortunately I managed the less-lethal approach for about 2 missions, then got tempted by the lure of big metal arm-blades and silenced machine pistols, and the corpses began to stack up :D

I heartily recommend the game. Once you get the "reflexes augmentation" and become able to beat two bad guys unconscious simultaneously, or upgrade your arms to be able to punch through walls...the game gets exciting :p

I remember my friend's explanation of his 'nonlethal run'

"I never killed anyone. All I did was pull a trigger that propelled a piece of metal. Bullets and blood loss did the rest."

I do love Deux Ex so much.

Probably Team Fortress 2, although I've been playing a bit of Dwarf Fortress and Men of War, which I think is the best out of the lot, but sadly been overdoing it so much as to take a break from it for an indeterminable time.

I've recently been playing Half Life 2 again for some unknown reason. Very fun game.

I've also been playing ModNation Racers and the new Pac MAn.

And yeah Half Life 2 was really good. But I got stuck partway through. And then my Xbox died.

Dominoes and a card game called Nertz. Nertz is so much fun. I do believe that they have an online version, but playing with cards is totally better! :)

IgnoredOne said:
I remember my friend's explanation of his 'nonlethal run'

"I never killed anyone. All I did was pull a trigger that propelled a piece of metal. Bullets and blood loss did the rest."

I do love Deux Ex so much.

That made me chuckle :D

I still think the original is best. I loved how there was so much to find in that game if you strayed off the beaten path and none of it was marked on your compass or anything, so it was true exploration.

I remember the first time I found the pimp guy threatening the woman in that alley in NY. Unfortunately for him I was carrying both a rocket launcher and a flamethrower at the time... :p

Hugo's House of Horrors

Latest posts

Back