What's the stupidest thing you've ever done when you had a crush on someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hazel_flagg said:
Littlesecret said:
Omg lots, I'm the least SUAVE person ever. The one that comes to mind now is, laughing maniacally because he asked what perfume I was wearing, in case he wanted to buy it for a girl he liked, then snorting like a pig at a "joke' he said (it was not funny). Then I ran away because of the embarrassment but not before discussing the snort by saying ' ahahaa what was that? That was weird hehehahahgderf, well I better go'! Then I walked hastily away, some might say a jog others may say light run!

Is it okay that I'm laughing hysterically at your torment? We're still mates, right? *snort*

I don't know if we can come back from this Hazel! I'll have to let you know in 5 -10 days after I've mulled it over, I'll do this by walking down windy streets in a trench coat looking pensive while saxophone music plays in the background!

I remember once my crush said she felt tired. I didn't get a chair. I got her three. Every time I look back at it, I'd think to myself, "Well that was subtle." I also couldn't for the life of me talk when she was around because I was too nervous of saying the wrong thing. Good times. :D

Littlesecret said:
hazel_flagg said:
Littlesecret said:
Omg lots, I'm the least SUAVE person ever. The one that comes to mind now is, laughing maniacally because he asked what perfume I was wearing, in case he wanted to buy it for a girl he liked, then snorting like a pig at a "joke' he said (it was not funny). Then I ran away because of the embarrassment but not before discussing the snort by saying ' ahahaa what was that? That was weird hehehahahgderf, well I better go'! Then I walked hastily away, some might say a jog others may say light run!

Is it okay that I'm laughing hysterically at your torment? We're still mates, right? *snort*

I don't know if we can come back from this Hazel! I'll have to let you know in 5 -10 days after I've mulled it over, I'll do this by walking down windy streets in a trench coat looking pensive while saxophone music plays in the background!

Then I have 5-10 days of pacing and crying and scratching my arse and ordering pizza. This relationship is killing me!!

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
I also couldn't for the life of me talk when she was around because I was too nervous of saying the wrong thing. Good times. :D

Yeah, I remember that with me too. The funny thing about that sort of thing is that eventually, saying nothing becomes as bad as saying the wrong thing so you might as well take a leap of faith.

I remember once my crush said she felt tired. I didn't get a chair. I got her three. Every time I look back at it, I'd think to myself, "Well that was subtle."

See, I don't think that's stupid at all. I think that sounds pretty funny, actually :)

TheSkaFish said:
I also couldn't for the life of me talk when she was around because I was too nervous of saying the wrong thing. Good times. :D

Yeah, I remember that with me too. The funny thing about that sort of thing is that eventually, saying nothing becomes as bad as saying the wrong thing so you might as well take a leap of faith.

I remember once my crush said she felt tired. I didn't get a chair. I got her three. Every time I look back at it, I'd think to myself, "Well that was subtle."

See, I don't think that's stupid at all. I think that sounds pretty funny, actually :)

Haha. I meant like if I were trying to hide I had a crush, that probably wasn't the best way to hide it. I still chuckle a bit every time I think about it. :p
I knew it wouldn't be a good relationship either. We were too different, and despite being friendly, I'm not good boyfriend material.

Told him...
He is my best human friend and has known it for a while now. Well, it's not just a crush but very much in love.
I think it maybe makes things awkward for him and the attention is probably unwanted...
Well then again, he kinda knew any way... I didn't hide it very well heh.
It was a big weight off my chest to say it and be honest about my feelings though.
So I guess it's not really all that stupid.. but.. I think he tries to not hurt my feelings about it and so acts like he's more comfortable with it than he really is..

fox said:
He is my best human friend

I noticed you said best human friend there. Out of curiosity, is your other best friend an animal?

PS - I like your avatar a lot. I remember there was a fox in our yard once, I couldn't believe how high they leaped over our fence. There was an imprint in the snow to show where the fox jumped over it. Anyway, your fox avatar looks very snuggly.

TheSkaFish said:
I noticed you said best human friend there. Out of curiosity, is your other best friend an animal?

PS - I like your avatar a lot. I remember there was a fox in our yard once, I couldn't believe how high they leaped over our fence. There was an imprint in the snow to show where the fox jumped over it. Anyway, your fox avatar looks very snuggly.

Yes, my other best friend is my puppy, they both hold equally dear places in my heart

Thank you, and also for sharing your eencounter with the fox... for me it feels almost mystical having encounters like that with them, even if it is really rather ordinary things they are up to

1) Told all kinds of people I barely knew about my same-sex crush.
2) Wrote them a whole novel.
3) Kept smoking pot with them, even though we were never together without the stuff.

Tealeaf said:
3) Kept smoking pot with them, even though we were never together without the stuff.

There was something about pot friends that always bothered me. How we never had much to say without it, how it was like you said - we were never together without it. All our conversations and interactions were ultimately about it and without it there was no real connection. I kept hoping to be struck by a bolt of inspiration and creativity but it never came. Only laziness and stupidity. I'm glad I don't smoke anymore, nor do I have pot friends anymore.

Completely avoided them...

Maybe I was afraid they'd find out and people would give me honeysuckle for it or that I'd get rejected. Either way it's better to tell someone even if it's considered "stupid". Doing something is better than nothing.

TheSkaFish said:
Tealeaf said:

There was something about pot friends that always bothered me. How we never had much to say without it, how it was like you said - we were never together without it. All our conversations and interactions were ultimately about it and without it there was no real connection. I kept hoping to be struck by a bolt of inspiration and creativity but it never came. Only laziness and stupidity. I'm glad I don't smoke anymore, nor do I have pot friends anymore.

Yeah, it was ultimately why we stopped talking. I just felt weird about it, even though I was told it wasn't because they didn't like being around me without it. You'd think we could have at least played video games sober.

There used to be a couple others who did, but they were more mature about it. Wasn't weird if they were smoking and you weren't. Everyone here started early and oftentimes fairly heavy with substances because we live in the middle of civilized nowhere, where the high school kids used to hang out at the grocery store. Some people still had a life, others didn't. Perhaps significantly, the ones who didn't have a life on pot didn't really have friends or any place outside of it and pretty much seemed to use it as an excuse to be with people for awhile.

The person in question had me, and the ones who sold the stuff.

Tealeaf said:
Yeah, it was ultimately why we stopped talking. I just felt weird about it, even though I was told it wasn't because they didn't like being around me without it. You'd think we could have at least played video games sober.

There used to be a couple others who did, but they were more mature about it. Wasn't weird if they were smoking and you weren't. Everyone here started early and oftentimes fairly heavy with substances because we live in the middle of civilized nowhere, where the high school kids used to hang out at the grocery store. Some people still had a life, others didn't. Perhaps significantly, the ones who didn't have a life on pot didn't really have friends or any place outside of it and pretty much seemed to use it as an excuse to be with people for awhile.

The person in question had me, and the ones who sold the stuff.

A lot of people here started early, but I was the opposite. I started late. I was against it for the longest time, all throughout high school and only changed my mind when I was about 19 or 20. I started because I wanted to get inspired, I wanted to shake up my mind's rigidity and be more creative or philosophical. I was hoping it would let my mind be more free so I could come up with ideas for stories or songs or pictures. I wanted to have deep discussions and discoveries. I was searching for meaning. But all it really led to were a lot of stupid conversations about nothing, consumption of junk food and money wasted on it, watching and re-watching things over and over that I can't even remember, depression, paranoia, and laziness. Since I would usually smoke when I went out at night, I'd often go to bed high, and wake up with a sort of hangover the next day. It was a hangover of laziness where i didn't do much until it was time to go out and smoke and repeat the cycle all over again.

Oh, and I had dreadlocks for about 4 months. It was actually less of a rasta thing and more of an idea I got after seeing Eric Melvin from NOFX (I also don't listen to NOFX anymore, though for unrelated reasons - yet their sticker, along with another band that I also stopped listening to, is still on my guitar). They looked pretty nasty, got dirty quickly, and just overall made me look like an idiot. I really wish I could get back that time again, that whole stoner phase. It was just a big waste. Thankfully I didn't waste much money on it, as I always seemed to be around people who had it already. But it did cost me dearly in terms of time which could have been better spent developing into a person I'd be happier to be.

Incidentally, it was taking mushrooms for the first time that was the start of me feeling like I didn't want to smoke anymore. I still believe those can lead to the meaningful experiences and thoughts I sought, and don't cause any of the laziness or stupidity problems I had with pot, but they are very rare to come by. I have not had any in 2 years.

Anyway. Relating this back to the topic of being stupid around crushes, since I don't want to ruin another thread. I actually can relate it, because this lead to another problem. I used to try to call and talk to that same crush that I was describing earlier, the one who got lost in the woods with me - I used to try to call her up and talk while high, because I thought we could have a deep discussion, and undoubtedly because the substance gave me courage. It never turned out well. I must have come off as a huge imbecile. It didn't matter because I realized later I wasn't at all attracted to her anyway, but still, it was a pretty stupid idea.

I bought her a little plastic ring like the ones you would get in Mcdonalds or somethin hahahahahah I was 10 though XD

fox said:
Yes, my other best friend is my puppy, they both hold equally dear places in my heart

Thank you, and also for sharing your eencounter with the fox... for me it feels almost mystical having encounters like that with them, even if it is really rather ordinary things they are up to

Yeah, one of my best friends is my dog too. He is 11 but I still call him a puppy, and he still acts like one too, always thrashing his toys and wagging his tail and barking cheerfully. He is very dear to me and I love having him in my life. His being 11 is really distressing me, though. I wish I could just hold him and shield him from aging and ailments. I wish I could keep him with me forever.

I involuntarily act stupid and get a flushed face, maybe dilated eyes, I don't know. Apparently I'm gay, so this becomes a problem when I want to hang with man-friends who aren't. 'Diversity' is not much accepted. Been a hard road to self-acceptance, and the town I lived in was not exactly gay-friendly. So, didn't live the gay life. Nor is the place I work today accepting despite home-office dogma, so it's still difficult.

I keenly remember one such episode. Cute friend who was just a friend. One winter day, I invited him to join me at a huge private indoor swimming pool I had access to. He surprised me, was just godawful gorgeous in his swimsuit, even prettier body than his already sweet face. I gasped or swooned, surprised both of us. Heard him say, 'Uh-oh'. That was about the end of our friendship.

Yes, there's weed involved. Gave me a reason to hang with the guys. I finally stopped smoking because of the stupid / lazy thing. Still hung out but there was too much 'dumbth'. Finally drifted away. Lonely, but only slightly more than before. On the way to finding better, I hope. Didn't cure the laziness but it's sure less severe than when smoking.

Latest posts

Back