What's the stupidest thing you've ever done when you had a crush on someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd agree the dumbest thing I've ever done is not told them.

The second dumbest thing was when I was in Taco Bell and thought the girl working there was cute and she kept smiling at me kinda.

So I went up there and I was like "HI IM BRIAN WHATS YOUR NAME" and got her phone number. According to my work crew (who was with me at the time, we were getting lunch), I was pretty loud and the -entire restaurant- just sort of stopped whatever they were talking about, stopped eating and turned to see what was happening.

So everytime we kid around about stuff and that comes up, my boss imitates me by yelling really loud :p

The stupidest thing i had ever done when I had a crush was when I was in middle school and we had to be assigned into groups, and then the boy i had a crush on was just sitting there, not getting into a group with anyone and then the teacher asked him "why arent you getting into groups with anyone?" and then he said "No ones going to pick me to be in thier group, no one likes me anyway" and then I dont know what the hell I was thinking, I blurted out " I really like you!!" and then everyone stares at me and then starts laughing at me, and pointing thier finger at me like ooo you like "so and so"! He was so embarassed that he never looked at me again or talked to me and ignored me when he could. The kid ended up hating me lol This was in middle school, mind you, so it was extremely embarassing and depressing at the time.

I said no, I don't want to come over to your house at midnight for milk and homeade cookies.

i was 10, my first girlfriend (at least i assume she was my girlfriend, she accepted the $10 ring i got her) left to another school.. weeks went by.. i got nerve to call her having rehearsed all the things i would say and we could talk about.. made the call.. froze up.. all i managed to squeak out, "i miss you".. dead silence.

not sure what happened next. i know we didnt talk and its quite possible i passed out and fell off the chair. :p

She made me dinner and we set down for a nice quite evening together alone.
She told me I should talk to her more often.
She also said I should bring her home some flowers.
She suggested that I cuddle her more often after sex.
She told me that she just wanted me to love her back.
She told me that she loves me very much.

I looked her in eyes and all I thought of was what a beautiful woman she is.
I gently kicked her on her foot under the dinner table. Then she smiled back at me.
I laid in bed with her naked and thought about what she had said eariler.

Too bad she was giving me advice about her best friend.....

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
all i managed to squeak out, "i miss you".. dead silence.

not sure what happened next. i know we didnt talk and its quite possible i passed out and fell off the chair. :p

Eyyaaaagh.

*relates*

Flew 9 hours across the continent (twice) to see him. Ok, more than a simple crush, but it was still stupid. I'm out $3k and it was totally not worth the eventual heartache.

Blue said:
Heh...I wrote the girl's name on a paper and put it under my pillow. Then not long after that my roommate found the paper and....the secret's out !! It's stupid because I shouldn't have done it knowing I'm sharing a room with someone else XD

I did that with a girls name when I was 13. :) I drew her name all flowery and pretty; spent a great deal of time on it. lol..

When I was 16 I had a friend I had a crush on shave my head and eyebrows like he had. That was really dumb! I can't pull off a bald look like he did.

When I was 18 I was horribly in love with a friend, and I suppose the stupid thing I did was to refuse all of his numerous advances simply because I hated myself for having homosexual (*mustnotbegaymustnotbegaymustnotbegay*) feelings. doh! He was so gorgeous, and I wanted him sooo bad. :)

oh golly. im no good with relationships.

umm...

my friend liked a girl. so i approached her and told her. she was like maybe, to going out with him. then her friend was like, do you want to go out. i was like sure. we dated for a bit only at school. then the girl my friend liked me, so i broke up with dating her friend, and dated her. i would go to her house after school and stuff. my friend was pissed. we stopped being friends. the girl and me would argue over stupid stuff like, being around each other to much, not being around each other enough, what to do when were together, ...dumb teenage stuff. eventually i dated her sister for about a month. after that i avoided all of them. shame. it all kind of just snowballed out of control... its weird how you can be so alone, and then like when one thing starts working for you, its like everything works for you and everyone wants you. now im back to being alone.

I used a little knife to carve her name on my arm. (silly me) :p

It was retarded of me, but I suppose it's ok, because 5 or 6 years later she was the first girl I ever kissed :D

In 6th grade, I would skip eating lunch and spend my saved lunch money on my crush (we had these candy sale fundraiser things where the school was selling candy to students during study hall). I felt like my actions were ignored and I was being unappreciated, so he frustrated me and I gave him a poem (not written by me) to express my feelings. Turns out, my study hall teacher saw me passing it to him and asked him to bring it to her. He did and she passed it on to the principal. I got in trouble for the suggestion found in the poem ("Six feet under you will go"). I didn't get into a whole lot of trouble, but I admit what I did was pretty stupid.

I told him. We ended up being together, then we broke up, and now I've lost one of my best friends. It hurts a lot.

Basically exactly what nerdygirl did. Made the mistake of going out with one of my best friends and losing her after the breakup. Don't always follow your heart

I got a chance to talk to this girl I really liked, and totally blew it, all I did was stutter and look like i was slobbering. ugh!

Latest posts

Back