What's the stupidest thing you've ever done when you had a crush on someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carve your name into my arm, instead of stressed, I lie here charmed....

Placeeeeeeebo! I mean, uhhh.... *is sympathetic*

The worst thing I've done is wear a ridiculously high pair of heels on a date.
He helped me down the cobbled hill though and kissed me at the bottom, so I guess it worked....

since the last time i posted... the stupidest thing i have done... is told them I was interested.....

remind me not to do that again...

pretended to have interest in something i didnt, to get to a what-i-thought at the time- was a cute interesting guy. but he turned out to be really boring..even after a few dates. i felt silly for pursuing so much, that maybe i just couldnt tell when a guy was actually cool.. but it was a pretty nerdy environment that i met him in.. so it was understandable.

I told him that I love him. Note to self: Never do that again.

Telling them about it. lol This has actually happened a few times when I've felt courageous. Always fails horribly though. :p

Crush asked my phone number but I was too shy and I don't give it to him... :/ I was stupid!!!

Do I have to pick just one?

It might have been professing love dramatically, like in the storybooks, and then getting frustrated at her noncommital response(she actually didn't reject me, in retrospect), and having to spend the rest of the class in uncomfortable silence with her.

Perhaps it was in letting my heart fall for a girl who I knew was using me, and desperately trying to buy her the things she wanted, just for the notion that I was at least making her happier.

Or maybe when I was writing letters to a girl, physical letters, obsessing over her every answer and searching in it for some sign of approval, of acceptance, of a willingness to give me a chance. For the brief euphoria of every slightly nicer letter she sent me, and the dreary darkness of her careful distance that she placed me at.

Or was it when, in the depths of my loneliness and rejection, I nearly drowned myself in the lake for seeing two water plants near each other - one seeming to reach for the other, while the other shyly bent away. It resonated in me, and I felt a need to bring them together, to tie them so that they would not part. I went; the current swept beneath me, I swallowed murky waters, but I swam and tied them together. Let them find happiness, even if I do not. I felt the bottom of the river, the sharp cut of rock against my fingers, and then, touched the shore again. I was wet, and my electronics were ruined. Yet it was worth it.

Some girl learned of it, and added my adventure to a character in her webcomic. She thought it was romantic. It was, but it was also stupid of me. And for all of the 'romance' of it, it did not bring me love.

Love wounds, and in some ways, never heals. But the scars that remain give us character.

I guess the wrost thing I ever did was not tell them and hid it. Now I never will know what would have happened :(

Rolo said:
I guess the wrost thing I ever did was not tell them and hid it. Now I never will know what would have happened :(

Yeah I'm on the same boat as you. Never told them how I felt. But somehow they find out. They always find out...

mine is acting all weird and having nothing to say when I have the chance to sit with her one on one

I went ahead with minimal planning. 'I'll ask her for coffee', I thought. So, up I go, greet her, nervously, and ask 'Do you like/drink coffee?'

'No', she replies, with a puzzled expression.

At this point, I was spiralling down in flames, screaming in terror deep inside, and hastily garbled out a few words in the manner oh 'Wellnevermind' and made a quick exit. 'Run away! RUN AWAY!'

...I swear every time I like someone I do -something- stupid...

Forever alooooooone

I tend to do something stupid whenever I like someone like stupid grin you would ever seen, I go really quiet, more likely blurt out something stupid or being so clumsy.

EveWasFramed said:
What's the stupidest thing you've ever done when you were crushing on someone?

I asked this guy out that I was totally crushing on. lol, I got shot down.:p

I got down his email, wrote to him, he never replied and he married my good friend instead. Sigh.

Haha, perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever done was admit to it. When you like any person, it just makes you all weird to begin with.

I was crushing on a dude that must have felt the same way. "You are very beautiful", he said. I stared at him.... And said nothing.
It got sort of awkward after that.

Latest posts

Back