Which hobby is most intimidating to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hobby is most intimidating to you?

• Scuba Diving

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Skateboarding

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Improv Comedy

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Surfing

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Community Theatre

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Hot Yoga

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Gymnastics

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Dancer

Reaction score
I'm trying to pick a new hobby, but I can't decide what I want to do. I like being outdoors, but maybe something inside with groups would be good too. I don't want to pick something that's too much for me to chew on at one time. What do you all think? You can pick more than one in the poll btw!

Improv comedy sounds like the most intimidating, but if it goes well it might also be the most beneficial for the shy.

It's gotta be surfing, skateboarding and gymnastics.

*shivers* Skateboarding.. well I longboarded once upon a time, got an injury where I had a slight tear in my knee ligament, limped for half a year and took another half to properly heal...... and I'm thinking, never again. I know, I'm chicken. :p

scuba diving because I'd die.

surfing is a close second for the same reason but at least i'd have a board to hang onto.

I'd be terrified to join the local quilting club. When those ol' gals get together for their weekly "stitch and *****" you don't want to be anywhere in the area- you can feel the ominous presence of evil in the air. It's held in the local community centre that has a "library" to swap books in, I foolishly went in to exchange a few I'd read for fresh material and those normally sweet, kind ladies gave me a look that made my blood run cold for entering the inner sanctum- I backed slowly away....

WildernessWildChild said:
I'd be terrified to join the local quilting club. When those ol' gals get together for their weekly "stitch and *****" you don't want to be anywhere in the area- you can feel the ominous presence of evil in the air. It's held in the local community centre that has a "library" to swap books in, I foolishly went in to exchange a few I'd read for fresh material and those normally sweet, kind ladies gave me a look that made my blood run cold for entering the inner sanctum- I backed slowly away....

*chokes laughing*
I can almost picture that. Manly-man, WWC, moose-chaser extraodinaire, cowering in fear from a bunch of old ladies with quilting needles. :p

Come to think of it, that IS pretty frightening. (wary)

EveWasFramed said:

*chokes laughing*
I can almost picture that. Manly-man, WWC, moose-chaser extraodinaire, cowering in fear from a bunch of old ladies with quilting needles. :p

They shed their human guise when the coven meets...
photomay05195554.jpg

(....peeks out the window- it's gonna be dark in another hour or so....)

And for the record, the swamp donkey definitely put the run on me.

EveWasFramed said:

*chokes laughing*

They shed their human guise when the coven meets...
photomay05195554.jpg

(....peeks out the window- it's gonna be dark in another hour or so....)

And for the record, the swamp donkey definitely put the run on me.

Thanks...thanks a lot. I'm totally going to have nightmares now.
:club:

Scuba diving, surfing, anything involving water really. I hate more than a few inches of water because I'm aquaphobic (I wrote hydrophobic first, but according to Wikipedia "hydrophobia" is used to describe rabies more often these days or something, either way, I don't ******* like water) due to nearly drowning around 3 times as a child or something like that.
And anything involving people I generally find worrying too.

SophiaGrace said:
scuba diving because I'd die.

surfing is a close second for the same reason but at least i'd have a board to hang onto.

I love the simplicity of this answer :p

Improv Comedy, but sky diving would give me a heart attack after sharting first since I am terrified of heights (and snakes) ... if you need a visual ...:p

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back