Who do you miss from ALL?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minus said:
Akismet

I probably wouldn't get a lot of agreement with that but i was going through the old support thread and it was giving me a few chuckles. Callie has to miss Akismet too.

LMAO. Askimet REALLY liked me, the feeling was not mutual. Perhaps I should have changed my name to that when I came back. :p

Wait wait wait....is that why you miss akismet, because it liked me so much? :club:

No, it gave of a game to play even if it was something like Russian roulette. See who all is missing this hour.

Yes it was particularly fond of you. You may have held the record for the most visits from Askimet.

I miss 2 people that haven't been here for a year now: ucxb and Alma lost her spoon.

ucxb taught me how to make awesome soft pretzels and Alma was just so positive and refused to let life break her down. I hope they're both doing well.

Not so much a matter of missing but it's so odd to me that after all these years of seeing her posts and feeling like I know her, that I've never spoken to SophiaGrace. It seems like everytime I'm active on here, she isn't and vice versa. Don't think we'd agree on everything but shes seemed interesting all the same.

Paraiyar said:
Not so much a matter of missing but it's so odd to me that after all these years of seeing her posts and feeling like I know her, that I've never spoken to SophiaGrace. It seems like everytime I'm active on here, she isn't and vice versa. Don't think we'd agree on everything but shes seemed interesting all the same.

She's probably lurking this right now.

Serenia said:
Not seen Skafish much lately, hope he is doing ok.

I just saw this now. It really made me happy to see this, I didn't think I was all that missed. I was doing all right, some ups, some downs, and a lot of being out of the house. Thanks for thinking of me :)

Just noticed that Constant Stranger seems to have been banned. Hope it isn't for good.

Paraiyar said:
Just noticed that Constant Stranger seems to have been banned. Hope it isn't for good.

Well, he did advise someone to just kill themselves, so it may well be for good. He's always seemed like a decent guy and this seemed totally out of character, so who knows...

Yeah but that was a few weeks ago and it looks like he just got banned around yesterday which seems strange. Not defending what he said but he did make what was (in my opinion) quite a sincere sounding apology.

user 130057 said:
Paraiyar said:

Well, he did advise someone to just kill themselves, so it may well be for good. He's always seemed like a decent guy and this seemed totally out of character, so who knows...

Yeah, I noticed he was banned too. That whole situation did seem weird. I also agree that it struck me as being out of character for him too. He seemed like a nice enough guy, otherwise.

Many people "seem" decent, on the surface. Some even are decent to most everyone, but barbaric to a particular person or people when out of the public eye.

I'm not speaking of constant stranger, of course. I don't know him and never spoke to him privately, and I too thought his apology seemed genuine. This post isn't about him, I want to be clear. I'm just saying, generally speaking... evil is not always evident where it exists.

Solivagant said:
Many people "seem" decent, on the surface. Some even are decent to most everyone, but barbaric to a particular person or people when out of the public eye.

I'm not speaking of constant stranger, of course. I don't know him and never spoke to him privately, and I too thought his apology seemed genuine. This post isn't about him, I want to be clear. I'm just saying, generally speaking... evil is not always evident where it exists.

Certainly. One of my neighbours had certain other neighbours fooled into thinking he was decent when he was anything but. Took a long time for the veil to be lifted.

Paraiyar said:
Certainly. One of my neighbours had certain other neighbours fooled into thinking he was decent when he was anything but. Took a long time for the veil to be lifted.

Apologies for hijacking the discussion a bit, it just struck a nerve with me. I've known people who have gotten away with monstrosities because they seemed "decent", and no one would believe it when it was contradicted by their victims. It infuriates me.

Solivagant said:
Paraiyar said:

Apologies for hijacking the discussion a bit, it just struck a nerve with me. I've known people who have gotten away with monstrosities because they seemed "decent", and no one would believe it when it was contradicted by their victims. It infuriates me.

No need to apologize, what you said was valid.

Latest posts

Back