Why am I attracting negative men or men in their late 40s

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
what is so wrong with me. I am a down to earth person, with interests alot of knowledge and Im fairly pretty. I meet many people in my out of work activities people who are interested in dating me but for some reason I attract men in their late 40s or if not this then really negative pessimistic guys who look to me to cheer them up. I'm told I'm ment to feel flattered by these advances. I guese I do appeal more to the older generation as I know quite a broad range of knowledge and am quite mature for my age. I just don't know why the guys who i find interesting and who actually have a positive outlook on life never approach me. I keep thinking maybe next time but same happends again, negative people who have the potencial to drain me or older men in their 40s. I am only mid 20s! What could be the reasons.

I think any young female attracts older guys. I don't know why this is. It's quite odd.

I tend to attract mentally challenged men due to my physical disability. >.> It's kind of frustrating.

I know a girl, who's really friendly and who has a nice, warm smile. She always looks so 'welcoming'. Well, she has the exact same problem. She can't travel anywhere or just simply go out without all sorts of guys asking her all kinds of things or showing atleast some form of attention.

I guess you just look cute/welcoming :) No idea why the good guys never seem to come around though, but I do know that my friend complained about it in the same way that you did. Atleast you can feel hapy about the fact that you're not alone in dealing with this!

Same with me. but with older women. my conclusion is that theyre more confident..

same with me, but with older women. my conclusion is that theyre more confident.

Haha! I like how "negative men" and "men in their late 40s" are lumped together in the title of this thread, like they are both equally worthy of disgust!

LMAO :D

i'm in my late 40's, but i wouldn't hit on a girl in her mid 20's. my kids are in their 20's. it would be weird to me.

i've heard that when men have their mid life crisis, they try to score one last young one....maybe it's that simple. maybe it's not you, it's just them.

I attract girls who are too young for me. True story. *shakes head*

Never thought I'd want to scream "PLEASE BE FIVE YEARS OLDER!!!"

But here we stand.

Joseph said:
Haha! I like how "negative men" and "men in their late 40s" are lumped together in the title of this thread, like they are both equally worthy of disgust!

LMAO :D

I guese it comes across that way but I don't really have a problem with men in their 40s, its just I know I personally I am not someone who can deal with a relationship where the age gap is so big. So I guese this is why it irritates me, getting lots of attention but from the wrong people. The main issue is the ones who have the negative outlook. I feel Ive worked hard to get where I am and I don't want someone with a negative mind set to bring me down I want to find a an equal someone who looks forward in life not back.

Well..danm Lilly.if you wound had said that from the get go..Id be neative more often :p

Not sure exactly how you process things or what type of childhood you had. What triggers certain emotions in you...

In my case I attract young crazy chicks.hahaa
Not so muich that they dont have to be young...its the craziness that triggeres a lot of familar feelings.
Like Ive said...what I need is a nice sweet down to earth woman..but what I go after are the fiesty ones that makes my bloode biol.

yeah just you..why dont I find or refuse the see a nice positive woman...

Maybe do more reserch on codepoency...Its triggers old feelings and is trying to resovle something with in you..

An example...
I have abadentment issuse. My mom was a very beautiful young woman when she adandent me. So I seek out beautiful young women that will leave me..or Ill get with them and set up conditions for them to leave me.

Lonesome Crow said:
Well..danm Lilly.if you wound had said that from the get go..Id be neative more often :p

Not sure exactly how you process things or what type of childhood you had. What triggers certain emotions in you...

In my case I attract young crazy chicks.hahaa
Not so muich that they dont have to be young...its the craziness that triggeres a lot of familar feelings.
Like Ive said...what I need is a nice sweet down to earth woman..but what I go after are the fiesty ones that makes my bloode biol.

yeah just you..why dont I find or refuse the see a nice positive woman...

Maybe do more reserch on codepoency...Its triggers old feelings and is trying to resovle something with in you..

An example...
I have abadentment issuse. My mom was a very beautiful young woman when she adandent me. So I seek out beautiful young women that will leave me..or Ill get with them and set up conditions for them to leave me.

Hi Lonesome, I dont think I am co-dependant. I already know about how that works. If I was co-dependant I would go out with these people (or some atleast) but I do not intend to. I am self sufficent in my self already that's why I am waiting for the right person. I have had a good up bringing with a positive surrounding all round and had a happy upbringing I cant think of any reason why Id be only attracting negative people. I feel upset that other people cant see something in me.

I'll take you out on a date lilly :) if you are seen with a younger person then maybe other men that u like might take interested. Men always want what they can't have. :)

slappopkarl said:
I'll take you out on a date lilly :) if you are seen with a younger person then maybe other men that u like might take interested. Men always want what they can't have. :)

Yea I think that statement "men want what they can't have" seems to be true. But why do I need to be seen out with someone to make me look appealing. I think I am appealing enough on my own but no one even trys to get to know me in that way. I get looks from men who are in relationships (similiar age or alittle older than me) out with their girlfriends. Its insulting because no one these people really want to be with me. And then I get the usual for everyone I cant believe your single. That does my head in. Even guys with girlfriends tell me this, I wish they would tell me where they are - but you cant exaclty ask that.

I
Tiger lily said:
slappopkarl said:

Yea I think that statement "men want what they can't have" seems to be true. But why do I need to be seen out with someone to make me look appealing. I think I am appealing enough on my own but no one even trys to get to know me in that way. I get looks from men who are in relationships (similiar age or alittle older than me) out with their girlfriends. Its insulting because no one these people really want to be with me. And then I get the usual for everyone I cant believe your single. That does my head in. Even guys with girlfriends tell me this, I wish they would tell me where they are - but you cant exaclty ask that.

I get the same from married woman. Telling me I'm a catch and all that. Why tell me that? I somtimes think they are trying to make me feel better because people ingenral don't seem to like me. Have you thought about approaching a guy in there 20s your self?

I'm speaking in generalities that I've found to be true.

Men want what we CAN have (generally speaking). That's why a man is more likely to fantasize about the girl next door or the girl working behind the counter at the gas station.

Whereas, women want what they CAN'T have (generally speaking). That's why they fantasize about models, stars, bosses, other married men.

slappopkarl said:
I
Tiger lily said:
slappopkarl said:

I get the same from married woman. Telling me I'm a catch and all that. Why tell me that? I somtimes think they are trying to make me feel better because people ingenral don't seem to like me. Have you thought about approaching a guy in there 20s your self?

No, I've not, to be honest its very rare I meet guys who are single, everytime I'm just about to maybe say something it crops up that they have a girlfriend. I just think I'm not surprized your really nice (I just think that not say it) I never seem to meet guys who I like and them not be in a relationship.

Tiger lily said:
No, I've not, to be honest its very rare I meet guys who are single, everytime I'm just about to maybe say something it crops up that they have a girlfriend. I just think I'm not surprized your really nice (I just think that not say it) I never seem to meet guys who I like and them not be in a relationship.

Same here, honey. Same here! :cool:

tiger lily you sound rather desperate.
if that is the case, get out there!
maximise your chances and push yourself

MDxUK said:
tiger lily you sound rather desperate.
if that is the case, get out there!
maximise your chances and push yourself

No I'm not desperate. I've come here to seek advice just because I'm single and asking for advice doesn't mean I'm desperate. If I was despertae I would go out with one of these guys wouldn't I. It's not that I don't get attention from anyone who I actually like myself.

Latest posts

Back