Why are women so picky?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
oarivan said:
cheaptrickfan said:
People, make up your minds already, either we're not picky enough because we only date ******** in favor of the nice guys or we're "too picky?"

Please. /rant

Don't forget "too fickle". I wonder when a thread claiming this will eventually pop up? Or have I missed it already?

Oooo, that's a good one too. I can't recall a thread with that as women's main failing.

Usually we're just shallow in that we only fall for asshats and would rather date the juiced-up muscle heads (or pretty boys... See? We're so bad that we can't even decide).

Going from one asshat to another, you women are so fickle.

Badjedidude said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Usually we're just shallow in that we only fall for asshats and would rather date the juiced-up muscle heads (or pretty boys... See? We're so bad that we can't even decide).

Haha and guys are shallow because they tend to gravitate towards the uber-boobs and dumb easy girls. :p

Clearly there is no hope for humanity. Eventually all that will be left are the spawn of asshat dads and uber-boobed moms.

How sad. ;-)

oarivan said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Oooo, that's a good one too. I can't recall a thread with that as women's main failing.

Going from one asshat to another, you women are so fickle.

If you make me laugh, I can't keep my righteous indignation with a straight face! :p

cheaptrickfan said:
Eventually all that will be left are the spawn of asshat dads and uber-boobed moms.

didn't you get the memo? i think we may already be there! :club:

cheaptrickfan said:
asshat dads and uber-boobed moms.

Haha....nice. :p I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully by then I'll be in a robot body on another planet or something. Or dead, either way suits me as long as I can avoid those people.

----Steve

Expendable said:
Is it me or do girls is todays society just seem to be unbeliveably picky? I'm sure in times gone by it was never this difficult to find a women who would be happy with you. I know I'm far from the best looking person in the world, I've quite an erratic personality and most of my interestests are pretty dull but the girls I tend to go for as lovely as they are, aren't anything particularly special. I'm fine with the intial stages of talking to girls and getting to know them but it seems the better they get to know me the less they like me. I can't see what I could do to make a girl like me.

I've read some of the posts to this question, and let me say this. I think people in this forum shouldn't try to figure people in the outside world. There are plenty of beautiful people to try and figure out. People here are more accepting than most people on the planet anyway. And to adress some of the opinions about men and women being picky, sure it's true. But everyone is picky for a number of reasons, men and/or women: (1) mental preference (2) physical preference (3) religious preference (4)money + security...wow. I though I would come up with more reasons but I can't. Then there's the final reason (which is ironically the exact reason why people end up with people who they are not compatable.) Poor judge of character, something I've known more girls fall victum to than guys. It mostly happens when a good guy without a lot of game tries to let a pretty girl know he likes her and she just thinks it's creepy because she's so used to attractive guys (who are secretly players) telling her what she wants to hear. They get married and all of a sudden she's a slave. Of course guys who do this to girls are more noticeable to other guys, but some girls seem oblivious when it comes to detecting true honesty in men. I think this is because women pursue men much less than men pursue women. And if you don't pursue someone how the hell are you gonna truly know them??? Good guys have given up and this is my understanding of why some relationships and all persuits of relationships suck. But then again it's the same with the most basic functions of life, like finding work in a piece of honeysuckle like California, lol. Does anyone agree with me or is this a good time to accept all challengers.

Cypha said:
I think people in this forum shouldn't try to figure people in the outside world. There are plenty of beautiful people to try and figure out.

This made no sense. Where are these beautiful people if NOT in the outside world. Also... what is the outside world?

Cypha said:
People here are more accepting than most people on the planet anyway.

Doubtful. This place is still a microcosm of the world at large.

Cypha said:
Poor judge of character, something I've known more girls fall victum to than guys.

So women are a poorer judge of character than guys or there are more creepy men than there are women? Either way it smacks of generalization.

Cypha said:
And if you don't pursue someone how the hell are you gonna truly know them???

But if men are the pursuers and pursuit leads to knowledge, why then do I still see so many posts from men saying, "We can't figure out women at all."

Seriously. This makes no sense whatsoever.

mmm...so i like to test drive, look under the hood, check out the tail pipe...before I make my installments.lmao

Honey attracts bees....
BoobAYS attracts me:p
hahahahaaaaa..I'm going to have to put that in a song.

Women plays the field just as much as men do. They just go about it different then men do.

Women gets picky becuase thier body and life is at stake. mmmm...like they can get pregnant. That's a not brainer.
I get picky just becuase...I CAN and it's a fucken Tuseday.

Common sense would tell me, no one likes to be around a dead beat.
There's different ways you can hunt...you can persuit or you can set up a trap.lmao

CheapTrick...we can't figure women becuase..you all are from fucken Venus...Remember ???? :p
This is planet earth **** it...

Lonesome Crow said:
CheapTrick...we can't figure women becuase..you all are from fucken Venus...Remember ???? :p

Are we the goddess Venus or from Venus? :p

cheaptrickfan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Are we the goddess Venus or from Venus? :p

Goddess dear...
I'll warship ya from head to toe;)

what hell is a youknowwhat??? That can be a million things..
Juses!?!...it's hard to understand ya :p

cheaptrickfan said:
Cypha said:
I think people in this forum shouldn't try to figure people in the outside world. There are plenty of beautiful people to try and figure out.

This made no sense. Where are these beautiful people if NOT in the outside world. Also... what is the outside world?

Cypha said:
People here are more accepting than most people on the planet anyway.

Doubtful. This place is still a microcosm of the world at large.

Cypha said:
Poor judge of character, something I've known more girls fall victum to than guys.

So women are a poorer judge of character than guys or there are more creepy men than there are women? Either way it smacks of generalization.

Cypha said:
And if you don't pursue someone how the hell are you gonna truly know them???

But if men are the pursuers and pursuit leads to knowledge, why then do I still see so many posts from men saying, "We can't figure out women at all."

Seriously. This makes no sense whatsoever.

(1) That was a typo. I meant there's plenty of beautiful people in here, but so far I hope I'm right. And the I guess the outside world consists of everyone who is not in this forum. (2) I suppose I was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, but who am I kidding? This is a microcosm of the world at large, nothing more. (3) Maybe some women are a poor judge of character because some men are come off as creepy. But I didn't say all women or all men, so please don't make me out to sound like a sexist. Far from it. I'm only trying to make sense of the generalizations I see every day. Individually everyone can be quite different but collectively we tend to let society tell us kow to percieve men and women. We should be working to change this (4) Men leave posts like this because we're the stupid ones, lol. Who do you think civilized man into makin love instead of make war. Women. Seriously though, biological differences will always make it difficult to undertstand the opposite sex. Communication is key.

Cypha said:
Who do you think civilized man into makin love instead of make war.

LOL I wasn't aware that these were a "have one and not the other" sort of deal. ^_^ WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BOTH LOVE AND WAR, GUYS?? lol

FWIW: I don't think you're sexist, Cypha. :)

----Steve

Cypha said:
Communication is key.

I agree, but only if we can speak the same language. Sometimes even that seems impossible. heh

Deborah Tannen has written a lot about gender differences in interpersonal communication. It's fascinating, while at the same time, kind of aggravating. lol

shells said:
If you can't find anything special about them, how do you expect them to find anything special about you?

There has to be something about them that is different from other girls you have met.
Otherwise, why the attraction? Unless you're simply attracted to their physical traits.
Hmmm Maybe I phrased what I meant wrong. The girls I go for are special to me and I suppose my main attraction to them is that their nice to me. But in terms of other things as horrible as it sounds I find pretty much all girls physically attractive and the girls I go for aren't really popular or talented at anything there just you know really nice people. I can't understand why none of them like me back because I'm a nice person just nothing special.

Everything has changed for women in the past 20 years. They are on this almighty high because they do not need to rely on men like they once had to. So women are not putting up with as much as they were once forced to, hence they have become picky with whom they have relationships with.

Expendable said:
I can't understand why none of them like me back because I'm a nice person just nothing special.

I'd be a bit disappointed if my boyfriend could only think of one thing he was attracted to me for. It would be like he only settled with me because I was next available nice person standing by.

Latest posts

Back