Why do you think you're lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turn that sad face to a happy face Chris :(---->:)

But yea sometimes it dose feel like there is a higher power just there to make your life hard.

Just do what I do,, when life's being a *****, just ***** back hah one of my favorite things I read somewhere that made me smile :D

bluey said:
when life's being a *****, just ***** back hah one of my favorite things I read somewhere that made me smile :D
Lol ***** back? At life?
Then I can just imagine life being depressed and annoyed cos people who live in it are a ***** lol :D

Cosmic Kid said:
I feel lonely because I know there is nothing inside me, and it's a humiliating experience when others see that about me, so I have to keep distance. If I do not keep distance, people have, do, and will, see nothing inside of me. This, in fact, happens. It's not me...."getting down on myself"...or..."being hard on myself."

I notice others trying to get to know me. I know they try. But, they do not know the truth about me. It's not like I'm always thinking..."Oh, I'm such a piece of ****." "I'm no good" "I'm garbage"...etc...No, I do not believe I am any of those things. Because being any of those things would be better than which I am, which is, literally..."nothing".. It's not that I'm "A nothing". I am nothing. A "non-entity". I have a body, and certain personality traits, which people can, and do, see. My personality characteristics are all real enough...but, they are all serve one purpose, and one purpose only..to not ever let anyone know I am nothing.

That's why I am lonely. I'm convinced of it. Have been since my earliest memories. And, other people's reation, when they see the nothingness... it makes them really uncomfortable. They're embarrassed for me when they see my "nothingness".

That's why I'm lonely. I don't "think" it. I know it...having learned it from experience.

*hugs over the internet*
If you really where devoid of feelings and emotions you wouldn't care if people knew.
The reasons that I am lonely are very similar to this. I don't want people to know that I'm not different. Everyone thinks I'm weird or different, that I'm very much an individual. What they don't know is that I have never and will never have an original thought or emotion once in my life. Everyone else, they're so different. But I can't see that in myself. I'm not unique at all. I'm a clone of everyone that I have ever met, heard of or read about. But people think I'm unique....
And to prove my point, even my feelings of being nothing aren't unique, as you feel that way too.
The other reason I'm lonely is that I'm afraid. Of everything. Well, not the usual things. Heights don't scare me, or snakes or small enclosed spaces or even physical pain, none of that scares me. But I'm so terrified of letting people down, of being unintentionally rude , or hurting other people emotionally. It's pretty lame, but true. And I'm afraid to love anything because as soon as I do, that thing that I love is taken away from me. It's better for everyone if I just don't.

Why I am lonely, first of all, no one respects me. Everyone bullies me. Well...and no one understands me ....lol simple as that.....or maybe I have been living to long in denial.....imagining myself as a rabbit.....****......rabbits don't get appreciation.

because i took my past life for granted. i didnt know lonliness existed ..took my family an ALL my friends 4 granted ..n i left them =(

keeper said:
Hello everyone!
I've opened this thread to find out what's the reason (or the reasons) why we say "I'm lonely".
I'm going first:
I feel lonely because nobody really got into my life. I mean, every day I see people around me, but except for my family and my friends, nobody would think about me as a partner.

I'm lonely because I fell so far in love with a girl that we got engaged. Then she went to Japan for six months for school. I went to visit her and she acted like a raging ***** until I broke up with her. Then when I came home she started calling me telling me she was sorry and she missed me and lets get back together, and I loved her so much I couldn't say no. But then she said she wanted to stay out there for the forseeable future, but still be my friend. This was back in April. I've had relationships, and hookups since then but there is no emotion there, I might as well be screwing a pillow. I miss her so much it hurts. I need to just get over this crap but nothing works, I keep my head up and go through the motions of life, but every two to three weeks I have a total breakdown.

keeper said:
Hello everyone!
I've opened this thread to find out what's the reason (or the reasons) why we say "I'm lonely".

Don't think I've responded to this thread yet.

I'm lonely for several reasons, but the main one is that I'm not married and I have no children. Actually that's two reasons but they sort of go together.

It really bugs me to hear all of these married guys around me at work and elsewhere, constantly bitching about their wives and children. Here I sit wanting it more than anything else in my life and I'm consistently denied. Apparently women in my area will only marry men that don't appreciate them.

I'm not getting any younger and I can't bear the thought of becoming an old man sitting by himself.

I get angry because I feel cheated. I get depressed because it makes me feel like there's something terribly wrong with me.

I feel lonely because my whole life I've felt invisible. No one ever inquires about me, or cares about my life and interests. I feel even jealous of people who are involved in drama because at least people are at least interested in them to some extent...no one has even paid attention to me enough to create drama. I WISHED that people would say stuff about me whether it be positive or negative but no one even did that. Everything I do, I do alone, whether it involves going to the store, going to the mall, going to class, work, traveling, etc. If I have certain things that I think about and want to talk about, no one is really there, so I hold everything in. I have a lifetime of issues that I have bottled up and they all exploded in my face this year. There has been one person in my life who has been interested in me but I took her for granted. I did not know how to handle it because my whole life I've been alone and did not want to let her in. I was basically an ass. I regret what happened about that, but I do not really regret losing that person because I know she is better off with someone else. If I self-destruct, I self-destruct alone, and no one will even know about it because I share nothing with anybody.

The only positive thing is that since I have no friends, not that many people will be hurt when I die. So, it's true that there is an upside to everything.

lonelyloser said:
I feel lonely because my whole life I've felt invisible. No one ever inquires about me, or cares about my life and interests. I feel even jealous of people who are involved in drama because at least people are at least interested in them to some extent...no one has even paid attention to me enough to create drama. I WISHED that people would say stuff about me whether it be positive or negative but no one even did that. Everything I do, I do alone, whether it involves going to the store, going to the mall, going to class, work, traveling, etc. If I have certain things that I think about and want to talk about, no one is really there, so I hold everything in. I have a lifetime of issues that I have bottled up and they all exploded in my face this year. There has been one person in my life who has been interested in me but I took her for granted. I did not know how to handle it because my whole life I've been alone and did not want to let her in. I was basically an ass. I regret what happened about that, but I do not really regret losing that person because I know she is better off with someone else. If I self-destruct, I self-destruct alone, and no one will even know about it because I share nothing with anybody.

The only positive thing is that since I have no friends, not that many people will be hurt when I die. So, it's true that there is an upside to everything.

Psst....Everyone! LonelyLoser is a great guy!

lonelyloser said:

I believe your going through a really rough period in your life right now and if the girl really did care for, no matter how much you took her for granted, she will always remember you. No matter how insignificant you may feel, there will always be people to remember you, you're not entirely invisible and whether it is directly or indirectly, you have in your very existence touched or influenced the people around you. I know that times like this is the hardest but this moment will pass, no matter how insufferable and endless it may seem (it may return but it will always pass). I can empathize that feeling of loneliness, of dying alone with no one to remember or care for you and not having any friends; I don't know how I can appease your pessimism right now because whenever I'm at that stage, no one else can. Just know, that many others go through what you're going through, and others have even succeeded in leaving it, though with much difficulty. When fair weather ensues and you feel a glimmer of some hope or optimism about yourself and your future, take the opportunity to change your life as well as your environment. Make a fresh start, try to build some connections (as hard as it may be), and when you feel that emptiness returning, confide in someone, one person who can support you through your rough period. Having someone who can share your strength can be all the help you need to not destroy yourself and the new life you have created. Feel free to PM me, like you, we need all the support we can get.:shy:

Latest posts

Back