Why does the 3-second rule have to be true?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
My roomates introduced me to these two girls the other night. I was polite as hell to them. But they looked at me like an alien the whole time. I swear I was polite as hell. Didn't say anything creepy, anything forward, and they still looked at me weird.

They are from the Catholic Church, scouts of the next Great Crusade, and suspect you of Heathenry. They know of your secret ways and your late night woodland ceremonies.

You must slay them. Show them your steel. It is the only way, now.

Physical appearance does come into play. As stated by Papabear, you can get to know their personality from their appearance. The guys at work, drool over the, what I call High Maintenance women. Make-up, spends alot of time looking good. When I think a women can look good in less than 5 mins, or no time at all (Low Maintenance) They ask me how good is she, and I say shes not my type... lool

A number of people can get a pretty good first impression in the first number of seconds seeing and talking to someone. Others, might need to talk to on a number of occasions.
No one is the same, everyone varies in how they rate another. And there are no problems in how you go about it. And you shouldn't feel bad in any way if someone doesn't dig you or it doesn't seem like your getting along with them.
As for preparing to talk to someone, I don't really agree with it. The conversation will probably never go to plan. The only way you can be yourself is to just let it come out as it comes to mind. If you fresia up, and they run away, you have learnt a lesson, but they have the bigger problem of not accepting your mistake. No forgivness.
Don't put a mask on to try and mask your real self so you are more appealing to them at the time. As time goes on, your real self will come out, and it can cause troubles.

I find as the population grows, there is an increasing number of different personalities. Making it harder and harder to be able to communicate comfortably. In the end, just be yourself, and know there is nothing wrong with who you are. You will never stop learning / improving till the day you die!

OK, this is the truth:

The three second rule was invented by motivational dating experts and ROUGHLY SUBSTANTIATED by science (note emphasis).

It only states that the girl decides whether a guy is viable as boyfriend, which is a very subjective term. For instance, if an 86 year old one legged woman hops up to me I am unlikely to decide that she is viable as a future partner. Do you see?

The other obvious thing to note is that this process is entirely subconscious. For example, girls may have a lot of guy friends that they may have subconsciously decided are viable future partners, yet the thought of going out with them has never entered their heads.

So the 3-second rule is really an obvious thing: for people to go out there has to be some sort of physical attraction, and attraction is formed instantaneously, however subconscious it may be. The one thing it doesn't explain is why this doesn't apply to guys, although I think this may be to do with males having much lower criteria for sexual partners (will she sleep with me, and will my wife find out about it?).

Feaken so call experts making up stuff. It's actaully degrading to women
and men..As if we're that shallow or that retarded.
Freaken experts always wants to put people in a box. No wonder the people
that buys into that BS are wacked out.

Scientist getting dates....lmao.
I wonder if they actaully put the theory to the test themselves.

Obviousely I must be a freak of nature. All of the women I had long relationships with
or one night stands here and there asked me out.
It took a lot more than 3 sec for me to build a relationship with them.
To actaully know a woman can have her pick of any man she wants
and actaully go the distance of asking me out is something to experince,
over and over again no less...and I'm nowhere near Mr. Brad Pitt.

It's probably becuase I'm not retarded, I honor and respect women.
It's becuase she knows and trust me enough that I'm not going to
hurt her and repect her. It's probably becuase I acknowlege her
beauty and vaule her as a person. It's probably becuase I don't
think she's a whore or a slut becauase of her sexuality. It's probably
becuase I'm secure about myself in many aspect.
I doupt a woman can figure all of that out in 3 sec. before she has
a one night stand with me or consider having me as a BF or husband.

Errr...in 3 sec. "you look good darling, now lets go fresia"

SocratesX said:
In 3 seconds of talking to a woman, they decide if you're boyfriend material or not. Which means, if you do anything doofus-like in those three seconds, out of nervousness, you're messed. You're friendzoned. :(
Apparently it doesn't matter what else she finds out about your character.

Please tell me this isn't always true, and ways to get around this.

one of the most fulfilling relationships i ever had was with a girl i acted TOTALLY stupid with for the first few years i knew her.

I think the 3 second rule, probably is refering to, that women in generally find men that are self confident, attractive.

Or at least that's what I understand to be true.

I need 3 seconds to figure out whether the man that just walked by me looks like a serial murderer :p

I then need 2 seconds (maximum) to start running in the other direction at full speed hoping to dear GOD that I get inside my university gates fast enough :p

THAT is what the 3 second rule is for ;)

Latest posts

Back