Winter is for...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winter (2o12) is for having a good vibe about a woman I have eyes for and asking her out to ice skate!

Hi All,
Winter is for cold and flu so some tips to cure flu for everyone.
Drink more water,
Watch your diet,
Clean nose more often,
Gargle,
Avoid smoking and alcohol,
Do take steamy shower,
Drink hot soups,
Take rest.

Ski sticks are for amateurs! :p

Winter is for waffles, pancakes, hot chocolate, skiing, ice skating, snowball wars, snowball lanterns, big fluffy scarves and endless movie nights. Oh, and christmas! :D

Winter is the moment when you look up and see a clear night sky, with endless sea of stars, while cold wind freezes your skin.

Rarely I feel so alive.

meekthoughts said:
^I wish I could see endless seas of stars. Got to get away from the city one day.

You should whenever you have the chance. It's a unique feeling you get, being away from the noise and chaos of people, and focusing on the raw essence of night. The cold fresh air, the boundless darkness, the unending silence, the vast expanse of stars; it's quite awe-inspiring. Almost meditational.

I'm gonna have to level with, I ain't got a clue what winter is for me, probably never will, all I know is freezing my ass off kinda makes everything else hurt a little less XD

DreamerDeceiver said:
It's a unique feeling you get, being away from the noise and chaos of people, and focusing on the raw essence of night. The cold fresh air, the boundless darkness, the unending silence, the vast expanse of stars; it's quite awe-inspiring. Almost meditational.

It's home. :)

Winter is.....going up to bed,taking your clothes off,then putting more clothes back on than you had on in the first place,before actually getting in to bed!

Hmm.

Winter is for larking around in the snow, coming into a warm house feeling refreshed, starting a roaring fire, pouring myself a whiskey and snuggling on a nice sheepskin rug with a lovely lady as we watch a DVD...

Okay, that's how winter should be in my mind. In reality?

Winter is for walking to lectures with a numb nose and fingers, feeling like I'm never wearing enough layers. Then it's for returning outside and getting soaking wet in freezing cold rain. It never snows. Then I go home and sit alone at a cold desk typing.

I prefer my imaginary winter scene :p

(This reminds me of a great quote from Groundhog Day that never fails to make me laugh when I watch it: "I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold. It's gonna be grey. And it's gonna last you for the rest of your life." :D )

TheSolitaryMan said:
pouring myself a whiskey

Win :D

TheSolitaryMan said:
feeling like I'm never wearing enough layers.

This feeling will only get worse when you get a girlfriend ;) My ex actually brought 2 coats with him one time! :rolleyes:

annik said:
TheSolitaryMan said:
pouring myself a whiskey

Win :D

TheSolitaryMan said:
feeling like I'm never wearing enough layers.

This feeling will only get worse when you get a girlfriend ;) My ex actually brought 2 coats with him one time! :rolleyes:

A fellow whiskey aficionado, eh? I've only drunk it a few times but I really like it. The rest of my family hates it, lol :p

As for the girl-related layer issue, I've prepared myself well for that situation! The big trenchcoat I wear is nice and warm, but crucially very spacious, more so than needed.

If my girl ever felt chilly I could simply envelope her within it's warm folds like a fashion-conscious Batman :D

I actually had a girl joke that she'd like to be snuggled within it on Friday when it was freezing cold. So I believe it's a sound plan for the future, heheheh ;)

TheSolitaryMan said:
A fellow whiskey aficionado, eh? I've only drunk it a few times but I really like it. The rest of my family hates it, lol :p

As for the girl-related layer issue, I've prepared myself well for that situation! The big trenchcoat I wear is nice and warm, but crucially very spacious, more so than needed.

If my girl ever felt chilly I could simply envelope her within it's warm folds like a fashion-conscious Batman :D

I actually had a girl joke that she'd like to be snuggled within it on Friday when it was freezing cold. So I believe it's a sound plan for the future, heheheh ;)

Oh yeah it runs in the family my Gdad would be so proud! :p I actually opened my Christmas presents while enjoying a snifter last year. Hmm that sounds bad but it wasn't first thing in the morning or anything!

I like your thinking! I always thought it was a little unfair that sensible guys had to freeze became the idiot girlfriend (hello!) wasn't wearing a coat or something. That never stopped me nicking his coat though, or his gloves. Oops. :rolleyes:

annik said:
Oh yeah it runs in the family my Gdad would be so proud! :p I actually opened my Christmas presents while enjoying a snifter last year. Hmm that sounds bad but it wasn't first thing in the morning or anything!

I like your thinking! I always thought it was a little unfair that sensible guys had to freeze became the idiot girlfriend (hello!) wasn't wearing a coat or something. That never stopped me nicking his coat though, or his gloves. Oops. :rolleyes:

You know, my future girlfriend can foolishly forget her coat any time she fancies. Any excuse for a quick snuggle or some warmth-inducing shoulder rubbing would always be welcome in my eyes! :D

Ah. You know when you don't mind freezing to death for a 5 second duration hug that you've been alone too long! :p

(And the Christmas whiskey is a great idea. I really must do that this year. I saw this documentary a while back where this guy recommended that you hold the drink in your mouth for however many years it was casked in seconds. Really does heighten the appreciation of it, much to my amazement!)

TheSolitaryMan said:
I saw this documentary a while back where this guy recommended that you hold the drink in your mouth for however many years it was casked in seconds. Really does heighten the appreciation of it, much to my amazement!

Wow I saw that exact same tip on telly yesterday! I must try it. :)

Latest posts

Back