Would anyone notice you were gone...?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronery

Reaction score
The other day I had a very disconcerting thought, and thought it would be an appropriate topic here.I thought to myself this question...

If I went missing how many people would look for me,or how many people would even have noticed I was gone? 20 people?..No,10 People?..No,Less than 5? Yes. Meaning less than 5 would notice. How many people would search...Zero.

My family is limited to only my grandparents.I have zero friends. I stay home everyday, no one would notice or care.

I was wondering if anyone else like me was in the "less than 5" group (meaning less than 5 people would care) Or if I am just in an exclusive group. Can't be just me right? :D

Anyway let me know your thoughts,if you feel similar.

Also I really hope that this thread isn't just ignored like some other threads are. I'm feeling extra lonely and reclusive this evening. :shy:

I'm beginning to think that there only 3 other people on this entire forum. :rolleyes:

Way less than 5, probably less than 1.

5 yrs ago while I was at work my friend asked me that.
I was in a trench 15 ft deep laying pipes. I was exhausted from the hard work.
So i kindda just flopped on the dirt in the trench.
My friend was on an excuvator and said...he could burried my ass alive and
would any notice if I went missing? :p

My ex-gf at that time was a major selfish *****.
She wouldnt notice me missing unless it was pay mother fucken day.
My other best friend had his own love troubles...he wouldnt notice me missing
for months.

My mom would worry and miss me....

I was a bit tired and worn out.
My ex-gf at that time kindda made me feel that way.

So I told my freind on the excuvator...NO.
Only my mother would miss me and cry for me.
It was kindda sad...

So my friend and I got closer and begin to have a better friendship.

My life had changed since.
I've met some really nice people. People that actaully cares for me.
There's people in my life today that loves me very much.

Chloe loves me very much. As i love her.
Shes the love of my life.

Personally, people can give a rats ass about me oneway or the other from this forum.
Though Ive met some good friends on here. Very few people knows me personally.

Who knows how many people will laugh or cry for me.
I try not to think about it too much.

Well my family would be devastated. Who'd carry on the sarcasm and the irreverence for normal behavior? Who'd be the artist? those are my things! Not to mention my guidence towards higher purpouses :)

Something would be very wrong.

My friends? Some of them would miss me, some a little bit... I don't really care that much. I still have many years to annoy people and leave my influence on this condemned earth.

Lmao...Felix

You and me think alike....

My nick name for a while started with INfamouse.lmao

I wouldnt go missing for very long without people noticing. I went on a trip and my clients were calling my mom to know where i was because they couldnt reach me. I talk to my boyfriend every night, so he would be alarmed if i didnt give sign of life. Besides that i guess i could go missing for about a week before people actualy start looking for me, as i have been known to go visit friends and sometimes forget to tell my family... i know, its bad, but they are used to it lol

Minus said:
Way less than 5, probably less than 1.
I know that feel!
Felix said:
I still have many years to annoy people and leave my influence on this condemned earth.
I concur with this attitude, the "god sent me to piss the world off" attitude! :D

Thanks everyone for responding.I noticed that a lot of you talk about your work colleagues and significant other, but my next question is, what if you didn't have them either? How many people would still notice...and when I say notice I mean people that would remember your name,NOT people that can't even remember you on a first name basis.

I have so many acquaintances that will recognize my face,and yet don't even know my name. They will be like,"I remember you, you're what's-his-face." That is the epitome of shallowness in my opinion.

Quite a few people, actually.

The one time I wasn't posting to Facebook for a while, I got several calls asking if I was okay. I was like, "I'm fine! Just wasn't online for a few days" (this was last year)

I hope it's still the same way.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Quite a few people, actually.

The one time I wasn't posting to Facebook for a while, I got several calls asking if I was okay. I was like, "I'm fine! Just wasn't online for a few days" (this was last year)

I hope it's still the same way.

At the same time though I am glad I don't have to really "check in" to someone every day. Seems pester-some in my opinion.

My friend Jenny would be the only one to notice, at least for several weeks or a couple of months. I don't see my other friends very often and although I go to a reading group and a writing group each week, they would just assume I had moved on to other things.
By the way, I love your little pic of Kim Jong Il.

Ak5 said:
As I have no friends, and I'm 16; only my family.
I'm 3 years older, but same boat. Wait till you 19 it sucks just as bad if you don't have car/job/etc.
Mikey193 said:
Honestly about 8
That's probably about 5 more than me.
Tiina63 said:
My friend Jenny would be the only one to notice, at least for several weeks or a couple of months. I don't see my other friends very often and although I go to a reading group and a writing group each week, they would just assume I had moved on to other things.
By the way, I love your little pic of Kim Jong Il.
Thanks
flaneur said:
A good number of people, but they'd probably get over it very quickly.
Same for me, my own relatives would probably be sad for a couple weeks and just forget honestly. And don't get my started on my phony "friends". They are just as fickle, would be sad for a day and then be like "oh yeah whats-his-face is gone".

Yeah, they'd probably get over it really quickly, aside from my mom. It would kill her.

That is the main reason why I'm not considering suicide.

I can think of two people.

The way most people I get acquainted with seem to be about friendships, they wouldn't know. At most, they'd figure I simply lost interest in reaching out to them. And I'm not in touch with extended family, so, at most, they'd see it as a continuance of a trend.

I have one person, who would notice, and would care..
It is my partner, and, without, there is no one who would notice. I am not acquainted with any people who even know me by face, much less name.
I will note I do not feel sad for it, rather, very fortunate to have at least one such person...

Latest posts

Back