Would YOU date an Asian man?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
Would You date an Asian man?

are there negative/positive sterotypes?

What if you had to chose between an asian man or a white man? i kno i kno it all depends on the personality, but i mean look wise

not being like a biggot or racist or anything. just that there are some differences between how a girl treats a white guy and an asian guy.

are Asian man often the last ditch choice/plan B?
as an asian guy i often feel that way.

shine some light please

Ofcourse. Race really doesn't matter about love :) I'm accepting of all races. Most asian boys I know are very shy.

I think Asian men are really looked down upon... Too many sterotypes that aren't true at all. It's a shame.

SighX99 said:
What if you had to chose between an asian man or a white man? i kno i kno it all depends on the personality, but i mean look wise

Tough question. I've seen good-looking Asian men and not-so-good-looking Asian men. I've also seen good-looking white men and not-so-good-looking white men. If you have specific pictures for me to compare I might be able to actually answer.

I may be living in a bubble, but I'm not really aware that Asians are looked down on. I know that Asians are often thought to be "good at math," but I don't see why girls would care about that (unless they're allergic to numbers or something).

SO long as he was what i was looking for in a man, I would date a man of any colour or race as to me that is not an issue.

Gothmother said:
SO long as he was what i was looking for in a man, I would date a man of any colour or race as to me that is not an issue.

yes, of course. but what im really asking is, if u just saw him walking down the street, meeting an potential mate for the first time, and hes asian, what would u act?

hmm~~race does not really matter to me. As soon as he has good personality and we can communicate well, I am fine with it.

Well at first I wanted to say NO I wouldn't, I'm not too sure I'm on the fence with this one. I personally and I'll admit it stick to white guys even though I'm not white. That's not to say I'm racist I've found other races attractive just that I haven't had the chance to date them, I've only been out with white guys. Yes I do find some asian men attractive mostly japanese guys and to be honest this is a hard question, what I would look for in someone would be personality above all and the way I would be treated by said person.

I live where everyone is white, with very few exceptions, which means that for me seeing a live Asian or black person is a rarity, so this question would be hypothetical. Look wise you say? I don't know. Shouldn't matter I suppose, it would still come down to personality.

Haha truth is, western man have it better. It is just life. Nothing is fair in this world really.

evanescencefan91 said:
i would date an asain, asain guys are hot!

:D

SWEETNESS, i feel validated

i dont know if other asian guys feel this, but i can totally get what chris2 was saying and how a lot of white guys get tons of girls/getting attention, while the asian guy is just in the background, doing fuckin math. i hate that sterotype.

All my friends have been asian pretty much, and I know girls who think asian guys are hot.
Plus hardly any of my asian friends fit that stereotype. They are usually very outgoing, much more so than me.

Me personaly though, maybe if I was gay/bi I would :p

When you ask people if they would date an "Asian man," you're asking if they would date someone that is defined by this "Asian-ness". It creates a bias in the reader's mind because it implies stereotypical qualities. Nobody should be defined as just their background, because nobody is that flat-dimensioned. We are not our background, our job, our sexuality, our body, our health, our weight, our clothes, our past, our loneliness, our name. We just are.

So, back to the question. Would I date an Asian man? Probably not. I'm a straight male.

Haha, we are talking about classifying guys into categories. When comparing sporty asian men with western men, western men win. But alas, when you cross categories, like comparing sporty asian men and geekish western men, by virtue of merits, the sporty asian man wins. However, if you compare a geekish asian man and a geekish western man, the western man still wins.

So finally, if we exclude the virtue of merits, the western man still wins.

Latest posts

Back