would you date an asian woman?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jasmin said:
I'm half Asian and I've only ever dated white guys, and you should date us (whatever your race), cos we're **** hot! ;) xxx

Then i was right too about you being hot as well ;)

I'm currently in a relationship with a guy who's of a different race, and have been for the past 4 and a half years. He's half (white) English and half African (his mother's from Ghana), but none of that matters to me. I fell in love with his personality before I even saw his picture. In fact, we had been talking/lightly dating online for almost a year before I saw what he looked like. I couldn't be happier really. It's weird because I had mostly thought that I'd end up with a white guy, and anytime I picture my future kids, I see them as white, but it doesn't matter. I love him, he makes me happy, and he feels the same way about me.

As for family, both of our families are accepting; if anything, my parents might've been a bit hesitant about the whole long distance aspect of it. I know my dad would secretly prefer that I date a white guy (not that he's racist, that's just his personal preference) but he'd also support me no matter what (as he does now) because he's always been a great father to me. My mom mostly dated black men for most of her life (in fact my dad was the only white guy she ever dated/married) so she has no qualms with it. My boyfriend's mum prefers white guys when it comes to relationships, so yeah, I lucked out when it came to the family part. :)

I am one of those people that really believes in the "love conquers all" theory in this instance. At least in the area of the world that I live in, it doesn't really feel like a big deal. Interracial couples/marriage has gotten quite desensitized where I live, and I'm sure in other areas as well. Although it makes sense in America I guess, since there's so much diversity; we're like the world's melting pot. :p

There's a saying here in Puerto Rico which goes somewhat like this (have to translate it to english, so Im not sure if it sounds as good as it does in spanish): "Don't say that you'll never drink from that water".

In the end, it depends on personality and chemistry between people. While asians are not my type, I wouldn't discard dating one! In fact, it's rare that people do end up with their "type" of girl/guy.

I'm hispanic and think asian and black girls are just beautiful as a hispanic woman. I havent had the pleasure of a woman companion in my life, so I would not let something as stupid as color or ethnicity get in the way of finding a companion.

Realize that there is actually a pretty big appeal for Asian ladies here in the US (in other words mainly white people), I can't speak for other countries, but I'd assume for countries similar to the U.S. and not close to Asia have the trend, probably something about exotic eastern mystique. Also probably the petite cuteness factor + the way that Asians don't aesthetically age as fast until they are really old, but that may be just a generalization of not living among Asian people. Anyway, I Am Asian and I would date another Asian as much as any other race, but there may always be social pressure to date within a level of similarity (race, religion, or creed), whether it a person's family, community, or friends, there is a conformist attitude that has only recently become loosen up.

I'm not Asian, and I would definitely date and consider a serious relationship with an Asian, any kind of Asian (Asian is a huge and arbitrary category that combines many groups of completely different people). Ethnicity doesn't really bother me.

I would probably want to date asian man instead.

It doesnt seem really an issue to me lol. So many people are attracted to foreigners. Actually some girls I know have expressed a desire to date black men. Because they are so cute and oh so whatever.

My girlfriend is Chinese Malaysian.

The trouble is that, she seems to have a fan club of guys waiting to snatch her off me. I generally think that asians are in massively high demand so god knows how I managed to get her! lol I'm just a lucky guy :)

o_O Where have you Asian-lovers all been hiding??? LOL.

All the single girls I know...are pretty much Asian where I live. Ya'll come to Canada eh!

i think asian women are so beautiful. i love asians in general. my husband is asian. im white.

Sure I would, I'm a little young but yeah.. As long as she's the personality I'm looking for it's always wonderfull. I think that it wouldn't really be true love if people would only look at the opposit sex of their own race, oh well I'm still young and naive ^^'
I'm sure there are a lot of non-asian people out there who would think the same about this!

I don't find race a big deal at all in terms of attraction. I think it's the overall package that has to appeal to me. Their attitude or something. I do find it strange that some people are crazy about asian women (being asian myself.) I just don't get that, but there you go :/

I think many asian woman are beautiful, and certainly i would.
In a town close to me most of the women i see are chavs and scroats.....the asian ladies are far classier.
This dosnt seem to apply in Manchester where most of the women i see are stunning and classy.

Hellz freakin YEAH!!!

Asian girls are hot!..... well not all of them :)

No, because I am not a lesbian.

If I were single, there is no reason I wouldn't date an Asian man, as long as I liked him. I met many attractive men when I was in Korea. That stereotype of American caucasian women not liking Asian guys is stupid and untrue.

well... since you put it that way...

i don't think i would. i'm open to dating all kinds of women, but for a serious, soul mate kind of relationship, i'd prefer to date someone of my own race.

sorry!

Latest posts

Back