Why do YOU want to be in a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
ardour said:
I don't want to be in relationship. I want to be with a particular person.

hmm....isn't that the same thing - you're in a relationship with a particular person?

I meant I don't want a relationship just for the sake of not being alone.

(In no particular order)

To have someone to love, who loves me in return.
To have someone to talk with, about anything, or nothing ...
To feel that I belong somewhere.
To feel wanted ... really wanted, as me.
To have someone to travel and see the world with.
To have someone to cry with.
To have someone to laugh with.
To have intimacy, and affection ...
To know that there is at least one person who isn't afraid to touch me, or be seen with me.
To have someone to trust.
To know that someone is there.
To offer support and encouragement to someone ... and get the same in return.
To have someone to fall asleep with.
And someone to wake up with.
To have someone to bounce creative ideas around with.
To have someone to philosophise with.
To have someone to watch the night skies with.
To have someone to dream with.
To have someone to have a family with ...
To have someone to make a fort in the lounge-room with, then eat pizza in it, and fall asleep in there together ...

To have someone to share life with ....

ardour said:
EveWasFramed said:
ardour said:

hmm....isn't that the same thing - you're in a relationship with a particular person?

Oh, OK, lol. I get what you mean now. :p
I feel the same way. Id rather be alone than to just be with someone to NOT be alone.

EveWasFramed said:
ardour said:
EveWasFramed said:
ardour said:

Oh, OK, lol. I get what you mean now. :p
I feel the same way. Id rather be alone than to just be with someone to NOT be alone.

yes it has to be someone special.

I'm no fan of cooking though I love some good food so I need someone to cook for me, I also like doing my own DIY around the house and I have lists of things a partner can take care of ...so a chef and handyman all in one will do :)

Because quite frankly I've never had one that lasted that long or have had very few ones but now that my social anxiety is not too extreme. I will like a relarionship to expand and share my life with other human beings. I dont want to waste my potential anymore. I need to share my goodness with other people.I really want a girlfriend to share my world and experiences/love with her.Im going to do what I have always wanted to do with a girls since I was in 6th grade.

Admittedly I didn't join this website to find a relationship, I came here to find friends. But why does anyone want a relationship? To share your life with someone that matters

Physical Intimacy makes me happy and is simple and free. All you need is someone else to be intimate with and then there you go. You should be set. I'm also very bored day to day.

Well... for starters i have other important stuff going on in my life right now than to invest in a relationship. But still, i guess it'd be nice.

Why do i want to be in a relationship though?

To love and feel loved.
To have someone to spend laughs with, share stories with, do stuff together.
Someone to wake up next to.
Among many more things i suppose, i just really suck at describing things at times. >.<

I'm not really sure. Actually, it's because I'm 23 years old and never had a girlfriend... I have plenty number of friends, and most of them seem like enjoy my friendship, but I've never had someone who put me in the first place in a sexual and romantic way... I'm not that ugly, and I think most of the problem is that i've always made the "unnecessary joker" type... The one who makes everyone laughs but hardly get something really good from it.

I know, maybe it isn't that good the way I think it is, but as long as I remain single, this feeling of loneliness haunts my days...

(Sorry about my english, it isn't my first language and I'm still studying)

A nerdy/geeky introvert girl that is simple like me in that she enjoys the same types of things that I like. That would rather stay home and watch or play something than go out to social settings.

I want a relationship -with the right person- but the reason is irrelevant as I seem to make most women uncomfortable with my innocuous presence.

I just want to know that it's possible, because if someone loves me then that means I am not the abnormal socially inept pathetic broken freak I feel that I am. And once I know what it's like, then maybe I'll just decide to be single for the rest of my days, but until then, it's the possibilities that just kill me.

The Replicated Man said:
Physical Intimacy makes me happy and is simple and free. All you need is someone else to be intimate with and then there you go. You should be set. I'm also very bored day to day.

Yet everyone I've known (and tried to know) seems to acts like even the most basic intimacy with me is the most expensive, disgusting, and thus utterly impossible thing ever ....

Latest posts

Back