Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
what was the last movie you saw?
Just last night I watched a movie called Imprint. It was originally made for the Masters of Horror series, but it was banned from TV and went to DVD. I would NOT recommend this movie to SOME people. The director is a favourite of mine, his names Takashi Miike. He did filsm like Ichi the Killer and One Missed Call (the original, which hollywood has decided to remake and degrade ugh) . Most of his films are in Japanese, this one is not. He's well-known for making very disturbing movies, i don't recommend them to the sqeamish some can be very gory.
Anywho, Imprint is about an American (Billy Drago) who goes to Japan to find a prostitute he met in his past to marry her. He comes to an island of prositution and meets a deformed women...and well the story goes from there. It does have some startling imagery. If you would not like to see a baby fetus floating down a river (or several I should say), do not watch this movie. And do not watch if your not into torture or are easily grossed out....like I said, unsettling imagery.
But if you love J-horror, it is a must see (anything by Miike would be a must see haha). Very unique and different. Not my favourite of Miike's but still a good one.
3.5/5
Skorian Wrote:3:10 to Yuma
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381849/
To fake to believe

Elaborate! Toungue
stone-rose Wrote:Just last night I watched a movie called Imprint. It was originally made for the Masters of Horror series, but it was banned from TV and went to DVD. I would NOT recommend this movie to SOME people. The director is a favourite of mine, his names Takashi Miike. He did filsm like Ichi the Killer and One Missed Call (the original, which hollywood has decided to remake and degrade ugh) . Most of his films are in Japanese, this one is not. He's well-known for making very disturbing movies, i don't recommend them to the sqeamish some can be very gory.
Anywho, Imprint is about an American (Billy Drago) who goes to Japan to find a prostitute he met in his past to marry her. He comes to an island of prositution and meets a deformed women...and well the story goes from there. It does have some startling imagery. If you would not like to see a baby fetus floating down a river (or several I should say), do not watch this movie. And do not watch if your not into torture or are easily grossed out....like I said, unsettling imagery.
But if you love J-horror, it is a must see (anything by Miike would be a must see haha). Very unique and different. Not my favourite of Miike's but still a good one.
3.5/5

Oh!. I didn't know he is the director.. But I like all the j.horror movies. The sound effects drives me nuts when watching it. I watched the movie One Missed Call, last year summer. Dang, that was really a great horror movie. It made me jump from my couch..

One Missed Call - Smile Smile Smile Smile
<MARQUEE behavior=alternate direction=left scrollAmount=3 width="4%"><font color="deeppink">&hearts;</font></MARQUEE><MARQUEE scrollAmount=1 direction=left width="2%">| | |</MARQUEE><a href="http://limegemini2.blogspot.com"><font color="lime"><b>Limegemini's Juice Cup</b></font></a><MARQUEE scrollAmount=1 direction=right width="2%">| | |</MARQUEE><MARQUEE behavior=alternate direction=right scrollAmount=3 width="4%"><font color="deeppink">&hearts;</MARQUEE> *winkz* MUWAHUGZZZZ
ya, the japanese are masters of horror. I've seen the original grude better thatn the remake.

Did that guy make the movie audition where tthat crazy chick sticks needles in that guys eyes, yuuk

The Teriminal was on ABC tonight so i decided to watch it. About the guy who lived in an airport for like a year. It was pretty interesting, felt so bad for the guy, he couldn't go in the us or back home. Talk about culture shock. overall it was pretty good

i give 3.5 Big Grin
[Image: Willow_Rosenberg__by_sarah_lace.jpg]

Miles to go, Little Miss Muffet counting down from 730
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street...

eeck..
great actors..
but too much gore..
spent most of the time with my hands covering my eyes..Sad
I just got back from an early matinne of cloverfield, I mentonded here that i really wanted to see it.

it was epic! I loved it, it was exciting and a little scary, the monster was very original something i had never seen before it was like an alien from hell.

The scariest part was the giant spiders in the subway tunnel,

so ya excellent a little gory, a movie that the japanese will want to amke a remake of.

If your a fan of thrill then I'd recomend you seeing it on the big screen

The camera was pretty shaky becuase it was done documentary stlye like the blair withc but i think it helped add to the chaos,

I give it 5 :O :O :O :O :O Omg were gonna die! smilies

okay done raving, i just loved it, I'm a huge fan of explosions
[Image: Willow_Rosenberg__by_sarah_lace.jpg]

Miles to go, Little Miss Muffet counting down from 730
Meet The Spartans. I saw it on Friday. It wasn't that good. I'm just glad I actually got to see it with my friends. It was the most fun I've had in awhile.
I watched Shoot Em' Up, which was good only if you leave every inkling of what reality is at the door and then watch it just for the funness of it all, it may no make sense at all but it's got style. I give it:

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)> 3 dancing kirbys/5 dancing kirbys
Cloverfield - shaky camera... be prepared to feel a bit nauseous... but if you love those "oh my god it's the end of the world" bleak ending type movies, then you'll like this. I really enjoyed it - would be really fun to study in a film class... learn about what messages the director was trying to convey about society, etc. (for those who have taken a film course before you'll know what i mean). In general though, fun movie to watch... continuous action and, actually, good character development (much better than other films in this genre that just focus on the action).

Sweeny Todd - great acting. I love musicals... this one was an interesting twist on a musical. LOTS of blood, though... be prepared. Love Johnny Depp, though. Who doesn't?! Lots of fun, but no happy endings here...

Juno - what can i say about this movie... really cute story, great acting. Critics are right: Ellen Page is quite adorable and a great little actress! Great supporting actors too. Definitely one of those feel-good movies, with a bit of a non-traditional twist. Fun music too.
OH hahaha another one which i forgot to mention:
WILD HOGS (travolta, macy, allen, lawrence)
Maybe I was just really in need of a funny, slapstick-type comedy when i happened to come across this one on the movie channels. I watched it, skeptically, assuming it would be stupid and i'd end up changing the channel within 5 minutes. I mean, clearly this film is just about the interesting casting - and, from the trailor, you can tell the story is going to be stupid.
BUT... i have to say... aside from perhaps a little too much toilet humour, it was honestly quite funny. There were definitely several laugh-out-loud moments, and the story was actually very entertaining. The cast, as would be expected, was great - I love William H. Macy! I guess i wasn't sure how those 4 would work together, but i have to say it was, interestingly enough, a success.
I'm not sure how well this movie actually did in theatres, etc, but i really enjoyed it. Like i said, though, it could have just been because i needed a silly, cute, pick-me-up kind of movie.
Don't hate on me if you watch it on my recommendation and end up thinking it's the dumbest movie in the world Toungue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink what's your favourite movie. pinocio 2 107 12-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Last Post: pinocio
  Movie anticipation Gorbachov 17 476 12-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Gorbachov
  Are there some movie scenes you wish you hadn’t seen as a kid? AnonymousMe 0 399 09-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: AnonymousMe
  Name a movie title or song that describes something in your life StorytellerSly 1 563 06-25-2016, 12:57 AM
Last Post: sketchy
  minions movie Sci-Fi 14 1,916 06-11-2016, 03:34 AM
Last Post: mauthecat
  First movie you stood in line to see. Nuke1967 7 930 01-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Case
Question What is the scariest movie ever? robertwill 31 3,800 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Broken_Doll
  Favorite Movie as a Child Nuke1967 17 1,352 09-15-2015, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Nuke1967
  Lonely Movie Club exasperated 12 1,799 03-29-2015, 05:24 AM
Last Post: MrGoatboy
  What movie scene describes you? exasperated 8 998 03-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrGoatboy