what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Sands
I have seen it before but it was worth watching again.

A Letter of Introduction

I don't know why but it kind of annoyed me. Maybe the misunderstanding about infidelity and the accident/suicide.

Saw "American Gangster" a few days ago. It was good. It was based on a true story, and it felt very realistic, instead of a typical hollywood action movie. Denzel Washinton and Russel Crowe are both fantastic actors ^^

Hijacc said:
Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
Alien versus predator:Requiem

YEa I saw that not to long back. good film.

Yah the only thing i didnt like was it was to dark.....
and the fact that they were killing the childrenz

Yea am surprised that it didn't get band for that bit.. All them pregnant women with the aliens coming out of there belly's err like grows man,,, XD was awesome :D

Is a Circle

Rather poorly made but a good story.

An American Crime

My hands are shaking. Probably the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. Great movie, but the whole thing was just so ****ing sick. ****ing sick people. Makes me feel completely empty inside. Why is the world so **** cruel?

Just saw "Bee Movie"

Was a little meh. Some parts were pretty funny, but otherwise a pretty mediocre movie

**1/2 stars

Shadow of Chinatown

An old Bela Lugosi movie.

Iron Man

It was great! I was really surprised. Didn't have any expectations. Great actors, and Robert Downey Jr was perfect in the lead role. He's becoming one of my favorites

Marty

This Oscar-winning drama is a story about Marty Pilletti (Ernest Borgnine), a lonely Bronx butcher. Marty is a burly but gentle man, easing into middle age without much hope for romance or a career. He lives at home with his mother (Esther Minciotti), a kind but life-smothering woman, and a small circle of dead-end friends. Marty has no self-confidence and feels he's dumpy and unattractive. While it takes some doing, Marty's friends finally convince him to go to a local dance with them and try to pick up girls. At the dance he meets a plain-looking schoolteacher named Clara (Betsy Blair), whose life appears to mirror his own. He asks Clara to dance and soon they are dating. But to Marty's surprise and frustration, his friends put her down and his mother is hostile to her. Swayed by his friends and his mother, he doesn't call Clara back. But sitting alone at home watching television one night, Marty decides he has had enough, and defying his enclosed little world, he picks up the phone and gives Clara a call. As Marty shouts to his friends, "You don't like her. My mother don't like her. She's a dog. And I'm a fat, ugly man. Well, all I know is I had a good time last night ... You don't like her? That's too bad!"

Won

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Ernest Borgnine

Best Director
Delbert Mann

Best Picture
Harold Hecht

Best Writing, Screenplay
Paddy Chayefsky

Nominated

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Joe Mantell

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Betsy Blair

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Black-and-White
Ted Haworth
Walter M. Simonds
Robert Priestley

Best Cinematography, Black-and-White
Joseph LaShelle

On Saturday i saw into the wild I really liked it. I cried a little at the end. even when i was younger i always fantasized living in the middle of nowhere away from everyone else, so i could relate a little. At the end (spoiler) before he dies he writes "happyness is only real when shared" I think thats why I'm always a bit happyier when i'm here :D 4/5 stars

then yesterday i went to the new Indiana Jones Movie, i really liked it, I thought it was pretty cool, though the scene with the ants was a little too macbe even for my tastes. My mom said she thought the Original ones were better, but i thought this one was just as good.
4.5/5 stars

Latest posts

Back