Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating women from work
Best way to meet women is at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5AQIlmM0I
If you know how to make it work. But there were tons of cases when it goes sour and can really bring forth a lot of drama in the workplace.
Never shit on your own doorstep.
(01-20-2019, 02:43 PM)Puddled Duck Wrote: Never shit on your own doorstep.

Exactly!
Dont get your bread and meat at the same place
Women seem to go out of their way to avoid you at work, to the point you can't even have a short non-work related conversation, so I'm not sure how it could get to the stage where asking someone out was appropriate. But if someone were interested and we clicked then I wouldn't pass up the opportunity just because we worked at the same place. It's not as though there's the option of being picky about the when and wheres of it.
(02-18-2019, 09:50 AM)ardour Wrote: But if someone were interested and we clicked then I wouldn't pass up the opportunity just because we worked at the same place. It's not as though there's the option of being picky about the when and wheres of it.

I agree. It seems kind of silly to NOT date someone if they give you a chance, just because you work at the same place. I really don't like the idea that everything in dating has to seem random, has to seem like it's fate or it's "meant to be". Some of us don't want to just sit on our hands and wait for random chance to give us a break that it's never given us before.
(02-18-2019, 10:01 AM)TheSkaFish Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:50 AM)ardour Wrote: But if someone were interested and we clicked then I wouldn't pass up the opportunity just because we worked at the same place.   It's not as though there's the option of being picky about the when and wheres of it.

I agree.  It seems kind of silly to NOT date someone if they give you a chance, just because you work at the same place.  I really don't like the idea that everything in dating has to seem random, has to seem like it's fate or it's "meant to be".  Some of us don't want to just sit on our hands and wait for random chance to give us a break that it's never given us before.

When people say "don't shit where you eat", or "women have to worry about harassment at work", I can't help wondering where the right context is then, because this kind of reasoning could be applied to regular meetup groups or extended social circle as well; basically any situation that involves regularly bumping into the same individulas, where people don't already explicity consent to having interest thrown their way (i.e. online dating).
(02-18-2019, 10:32 AM)ardour Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 10:01 AM)TheSkaFish Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:50 AM)ardour Wrote: But if someone were interested and we clicked then I wouldn't pass up the opportunity just because we worked at the same place.   It's not as though there's the option of being picky about the when and wheres of it.

I agree.  It seems kind of silly to NOT date someone if they give you a chance, just because you work at the same place.  I really don't like the idea that everything in dating has to seem random, has to seem like it's fate or it's "meant to be".  Some of us don't want to just sit on our hands and wait for random chance to give us a break that it's never given us before.

When people say "don't shit where you eat", or "women have to worry about harassment at work", I can't help wondering where the right context is then, because this kind of reasoning could be applied to regular meetup groups or extended social circle as well; basically any situation that involves regularly bumping into the same individuals, where people don't already explicitly consent to having interest thrown their way  (i.e. online dating).

That's one thing that I think is good about online dating.  There's (supposed to be) no ambiguity - you all know why you're there.  

The right context is the same as it is anywhere - be a powerful, high-status man, be good at faking it, or GOOD LUCK.

I really find it frustrating that you can't get to know someone until you're ready to impress them though.  How you can't get interested in people you already know, I think that's stupid. They chain you to your first impression, and you either fly or sink with it.  I just wish women would be a little more lenient and understanding about first impressions and allow a person to grow and change, instead of chaining you to how they think you were (not even necessarily what you really are) when they first met.  I hate that categorizing so much.  Cause you don't know what you don't know, you can make a bad impression out of not knowing any better, not willfully choosing to be inferior.  But then they'd say, exactly - inferiority isn't a choice, it's genetic. You shouldn't need to be taught or told, you should know what to do instinctively. It's like that other saying, "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it."  So the system works perfectly then, keeping inferiors out.  And they finish it off with the fake-positive bullshit of "oh there's plenty of fish in the sea".  Yeah, not good ones though.  Just like there aren't plenty of good jobs, or plenty of good anything.

But what can you do, except try to get power - if you can.  That's pretty much the only way to flip the script.
(02-18-2019, 11:24 AM)TheSkaFish Wrote: They chain you to your first impression, and you either fly or sink with it. 

Yeah, this is meant to show men lacking in confidence/masculinity, who typically don't make very good first impressions, exactly where their place is.

Anyway, work probably isn't ideal, but if people can be mature and date a coworker without it getting volatile then it would be stupid to pass up the opportunity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for the Women Naleena 3,341 539,791 Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Last Post: MissBehave
  Women initiating sex Quietude 6 421 04-19-2019, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Danielle
  Do you believe in friendships between men and women? roy1986 151 24,859 03-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Dating as a virgin - and everyone seems sex obsessed? TheSolitaryMan 10 2,530 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Some Questions for everyone who's used (or is currently using) online dating Services ExtensivexLDL 66 20,389 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM
  Frustrated with dating sites Matt L 28 1,749 02-27-2019, 04:05 AM
  Dating Sites bearcat22 51 2,169 01-13-2019, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Richard_39
  If things don't work out with my husband, it's the single life for me. cosmosandmusiclover 5 624 12-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cosmosandmusiclover
  UK Dating Sites with Usernames? LifePath1 16 3,713 12-11-2018, 02:58 AM
Last Post: smarty24
  Online Dating? Muse 366 26,576 09-19-2018, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Richard_39