Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
Hi I'm 25 and I've only ever fancied one person in all my life yet I really want to meet someone (I have done for the past 6 years) esp now as I've never been in a relationship and time is going on. I cant go out with people I'm not attracted to, mentailty and physically (mentaily mainly) because it wouldn't feel right. Why am I not meeting interesting men, I'm a strong minded intereting individual with good morals values why am I finding it so hard to find the same. I may not be the most confident girl around but lots of other adveragly confident girls and guys are in relatinships.

Tiger lily said:
Hi I'm 25 and I've only ever fancied one person in all my life yet I really want to meet someone (I have done for the past 6 years) esp now as I've never been in a relationship and time is going on. I cant go out with people I'm not attracted to, mentailty and physically (mentaily mainly) because it wouldn't feel right. Why am I not meeting interesting men, I'm a strong minded intereting individual with good morals values why am I finding it so hard to find the same. I may not be the most confident girl around but lots of other adveragly confident girls and guys are in relatinships.

It's maybe because you're in the wrong places. I am looking for the same thing that you are looking for.

Yep there's that ^ and your confidence level. That depends on where it's at. Sorry for this crude analogy but some (not all of us) guys will see a less confident girl as either unappealing or an easy lay. Try boosting your confidence level for one night, wear whatever makes you feel good/look good, and if you are the type of girl who feeds off the others around her try going out with friends who have a higher confidence level. You know what you want which is a good thing.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tiger lily said:

It's maybe because you're in the wrong places. I am looking for the same thing that you are looking for.

But I cant just move town in hope of meeting someone can I when I already have a job. Is that what everyone has to do move towns to find a suitable partner ? Also I'd leave leaving everyone I know behind. I couldn't do that alone Im feel too lonley.

Sci-Fi said:
Yep there's that ^ and your confidence level. That depends on where it's at. Sorry for this crude analogy but some (not all of us) guys will see a less confident girl as either unappealing or an easy lay. Try boosting your confidence level for one night, wear whatever makes you feel good/look good, and if you are the type of girl who feeds off the others around her try going out with friends who have a higher confidence level. You know what you want which is a good thing.

Thing is I always was a confient person until I left university, that was 3 years ago now. The lack of a social life has given me less confidence so why should guys find that unappealing, its not a reflection on me as a person, I'm still a fun, loving person, its more a reflection of my social situation. Ive join many activity college evening courses to meet new people but because its not consistent i still feel lost even after all this time. So im hoping guys can see past that lack of confdene but its really isn't a reflection of me. The thing is no one can read my mind and know its just unsettleness rather than no confidence, so im stuck. :(

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
It's a shame that men like me (who can see past that) would have no chance

Why do you say that?

Also what did you mean by being in the wrong place?

I'm also turning 25 this year without even so much as an inkling of interest from the opposite sex. Still waiting for SocratesX to tell us guys to bulk n cut, learn MMA, see a stylist coach, and act all tough around everyone.

I wonder what advice he'll give to a broken female though......

Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Why do you say that?

My apologies. It just seems that way though. I, for one, would love to meet with a good woman who knows how to treat a good man.

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Why do you say that?

My apologies. It just seems that way though. I, for one, would love to meet with a good woman who knows how to treat a good man.

I think alot of the quieter people tend to be the nicest, but they take a while to open up, i think Im personally abit more extrovert but I have alot of time for quieter people as I know they are often more interesting. So keep the faith, as long as you keep your standards you should meet someone nice eventually. Its hard sometimes, why I wrote on here.

Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Why do you say that?

I think alot of the quieter people tend to be the nicest, but they take a while to open up, i think Im personally abit more extrovert but I have alot of time for quieter people as I know they are often more interesting. So keep the faith, as long as you keep your standards you should meet someone nice eventually. Its hard sometimes, why I wrote on here.

What about meeting you lol

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
Tiger lily said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:

Why do you say that?

What about meeting you lol

I don't really meet people online, also, I'm the other side of the world to you :)

O.O I am 25... :p

To answer your question... maybe your standards are too high. You say you need someone who you are attracted to both mentally and physically. Why don't you find one then slowly build the other? Another question, can you define what is attractive to you? I have a hard time describe my ideal female. When it comes to women, I just know which ones I am attracted too.... it is weird. However, I could not tell you what is attractive to me to save my life.

One final question, how many different guys do you expose yourself too? You cannot find that someone if you are locked away in your room all the time.

AFrozenSoul said:
O.O I am 25... :p

To answer your question... maybe your standards are too high. You say you need someone who you are attracted to both mentally and physically. Why don't you find one then slowly build the other? Another question, can you define what is attractive to you? I have a hard time describe my ideal female. When it comes to women, I just know which ones I am attracted too.... it is weird. However, I could not tell you what is attractive to me to save my life.

One final question, how many different guys do you expose yourself too? You cannot find that someone if you are locked away in your room all the time.

Hi, Well, I do try and meet new people but it really is hard. I in a tennis club, I've been on photography & art courses at evening college, Ive joined a walking group. In the cases of the last three they are all considerably older, nearest age to mine was 35 and that was just one person. Other people have families or are already taken. It seems young people don't join in these social activities anymore. I've been out at the bars etc but its not really me, also the only people I get approached by there are loud drunk guys who really don't appeal to me. I am keeping all these things up though but its leaves me feeling more alone. I wonder to myself where all the interesting guys are hidding, the ones who are mature and also nice people.

I wouldn't say my standards are too high in that I'm not a materilistic person, I dont really have a check list, if i like them I like them though I would say the following is quite important. Integrity, creativity, and someone who's emotionally aware and likes talking.

When people complain all the good guys are taken everyone says no there are out there, so where are they? Its not like I'm not looking.

@Tiger lily: Yeah I have noticed that is the problem with clubs and programs. Granted the walking group does not really surprise me. Younger people tend to prefer more... umm challenging sports. Walking group does not really strike me as a group that climbs 14ers. I agree it is hard to find young people who go out and socialize through clubs and classes after school ends. However, that does not mean that you cannot still be friends with the older people. You never know they might have kids your age. :p Never hurts to hope.

I agree, that bars are not really my scene either. Well.. I think I enjoy them more when I am drunk and with people I am familiar with.

Not to be rude... but you say you need to be attracted to person mentally and physically. You say you prefer mental to physical. What do you feel makes a person mentally attractive? I mean if I were to start a conversation about... oh something I know.. the main differences between various Smartphone operating systems. Would that make me mentally attractive? What if I were to talk about my interest in Japan? How it is fascinating of a country it is? Or why I prefer anime to regular television.... or one of my favorites how various umm "green" causes make me sick. Or would a guy who could make you laugh would that be mentally attractive? Simple or complex... what is preferable?

:D I know where all the girls I want to be with are, in their beds with their ass wipe boyfriends. Sometimes I feel that too many people live by the belief "If it is too good to be true it probably is". Because it is better to be alone than to take a chance have a little fun and maybe be disappointed. Maybe there are plenty of nice guys around you. However, they exhibit behaviors of the ******** who you are scared will take advantage of you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

I am not trying to pick a fight... just thinking out loud.

AFrozenSoul said:
@Tiger lily: Yeah I have noticed that is the problem with clubs and programs. Granted the walking group does not really surprise me. Younger people tend to prefer more... umm challenging sports. Walking group does not really strike me as a group that climbs 14ers. I agree it is hard to find young people who go out and socialize through clubs and classes after school ends. However, that does not mean that you cannot still be friends with the older people. You never know they might have kids your age. :p Never hurts to hope.

I agree, that bars are not really my scene either. Well.. I think I enjoy them more when I am drunk and with people I am familiar with.

Not to be rude... but you say you need to be attracted to person mentally and physically. You say you prefer mental to physical. What do you feel makes a person mentally attractive? I mean if I were to start a conversation about... oh something I know.. the main differences between various Smartphone operating systems. Would that make me mentally attractive? What if I were to talk about my interest in Japan? How it is fascinating of a country it is? Or why I prefer anime to regular television.... or one of my favorites how various umm "green" causes make me sick. Or would a guy who could make you laugh would that be mentally attractive? Simple or complex... what is preferable?

:D I know where all the girls I want to be with are, in their beds with their ass wipe boyfriends. Sometimes I feel that too many people live by the belief "If it is too good to be true it probably is". Because it is better to be alone than to take a chance have a little fun and maybe be disappointed. Maybe there are plenty of nice guys around you. However, they exhibit behaviors of the ******** who you are scared will take advantage of you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

I am not trying to pick a fight... just thinking out loud.

Asking me why I am attracted to someone is t being rude btw. mentally attractive, someone who is intuitive, emotionally aware and creative. Talking about how fascinating of a country it is, well yes I guese thats a good conversation. Why do you ask. At the end of the day its finding someone who you have that connection with, you know when you meet someone and you feel they already understand you, that's the greatest feeling.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I should risk getting with someone who is clearly showing signs of disrespect to others, I personally don't think that is the right way to be thinking, no one should settle or something.

Latest posts

Back