A plee to those feeling helpless.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brickinthewall

Reaction score
I found this video about a few years ago and I was more or less shocked (but not surprised) of what I saw.

I am posting this because I have noticed that many people my age that think they are helpless and consider joining the army a good option however the reality is different.

Please consider other options , you are never without hope and there are always chances in life.

This might be considered shocking to some people , but it is the reality of what is going on Iraq so please, think twice before you sign up for this.

EDIT: I'll make a short description. Video consists of the confessions of a US soldier that describes what happened on the date of July 12th 2007 in an operation in New Baghdad where a US Apache opened fire on a group of civilians and children. The helicopter footage was leaked on the website wikileaks.

Also please do not consider this a personal attack on the soldiers fighting in Iraq. I do not question the motive for which they are fighting, all I am saying is that perhaps some of it has been lost over the years and that things might be getting out of hand. I respect every person that has the bravery to go there I just think that there are flaws in the way things are being run.

Wow. Just watched it and I have to say I am embarrassed.

EDIT: Although I know someone in Iraq and I'm proud of him. He's risking his life for democracy. But this attack on innocent people should not be tolerated.
@Joseph Their land is our warzone.

That's what you get for walking around in a warzone.

Here is one of our soldiers doing a selfless deed to balance out your one-sided attack on the bravest and most honorable soldiers to ever walk the planet.

Soldiers donate blood to save a wounded Afghan boy.

[youtube]jNT7GuwoVQI[/youtube]

Do not get me wrong , I never said they are not brave or honorable. This is not a personal attack on the soldiers. Like the person in the video said , it's the people in command to blame , others are just following orders.

And to be fair , "that's what you get for walking around in a war zone" isn't an excuses for shooting unarmed civilians.

Do not get me wrong , I never said they are not brave or honorable. This is not a personal attack on the soldiers. Like the person in the video said , it's the people in command to blame , others are just following orders.

And to be fair , "that's what you get for walking around in a war zone" isn't an excuse for shooting unarmed civilians.

I feel nothing but appreciation and respect for the men and women who serve our armed forces. I question the intentions and ethics of the powers that govern them. Big power and big bucks can sometimes create the biggest problems...

brickinthewall said:

And to be fair , "that's what you get for walking around in a war zone" isn't an excuses for shooting unarmed civilians.

And to be fair , "that's what you get for walking around in a war zone" isn't an excuse for shooting unarmed civilians.

This is incredibly anomalous behavior among soldiers; and this isn't a reason to not join the army. I am ex-military.

Following orders is not an excuse to commit evil. Working as a unit requires a great degree of trust of everyone in your unit, and if you're commanded to do something, you do it unless you clearly see that it would be wrong. If it's obvious that it's wrong, then you have an ethical obligation and as a human being and a US soldier to refuse. That's why it's good idea to clearly delineate what you are and are not willing to do before you go into battle so you won't have to try and sort through these ethical dilemmas on the battlefield. If you can't clearly see anything wrong with what you've been told to do, then follow orders; and if it turns out that you participated in something bad because you did't have all the information to clearly know what was really happening (having a hunch is not enough to disobey orders), then your conscience is clean.

Here is what they do to their wives and mothers. Oh, I'd say we are a force for good over there.

zahida1.jpg

i dont agree with what you all are saying at all. To me the US was wrong to enter Iraq. Very wrong.

Joseph said:
Here is what they do to their wives and mothers. Oh, I'd say we are a force for good over there.

zahida1.jpg

I don't understand what you are pointing out on this comment. If this was true then there would be a country now with ALL women looking like this. And I don't see the connection with this comment to the thread. If there's something I overlooked, please do enlighten me.

You want to point out evil? Look! I found some more!

797025461.jpg

We removed a man who did this:

[youtube]4Pwt5NUe-FM[/youtube]

No one's pointing out who's more evil or who's not. What the thread was about is that not everyone in the US force are fighting for freedom and out of goodwill. people do a lot of horrible things but that is not reason enough to end innocent lives. But what mary mary is pointing out, there's a definite line between blindly following orders cos you are bound to follow under oath or following what you know is right, regardless of whose order it was. The thread about if the war in Iraq was justifiable or not would be another discussion, and I am sure that one will result to a lot of opposing but insightful thoughts. I say to kill innocent lives is undoubtedly wrong, the war on Iraq... hmmm. that is something I need to gain more information about before I can be confident about sharing my opinion or having a firm one, for that matter.

So, a few rogue American soldiers are the only people killing innocents in Iraq?

I guess we forgot about these guys too!

saddam_hussein.jpg

alSadr.jpg

xin_10040326085551117071.jpg

floffyschneeman said:
What the thread was about is that not everyone in the US force are fighting for freedom and out of goodwill.

If that is what this thread was about, why was it titled "The Truth About The US Army" and not "The Truth About One Incident"?

I have family in the forces and I consider this an insult.

floffyschneeman said:
I say to kill innocent lives is undoubtedly wrong, the war on Iraq...

I agree with this. Killing innocent people is wrong. And people in Iraq die everyday. It's a useless war. It's sad..

Educate yourselves, on real evil, here you go:

[youtube]Il7ZQByGDjg&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]E_d2983YPiQ[/youtube]

What has been seen can not be unseen, those images were very disturbing to see.

I don't agree with this war, I recently had a (Canadian) soldier in my place of work who had recently returned from being overseas. I kept my feelings to myself, but I had another customer who said he didn't agree with why they were over there. He had a lot of respect for him and our troops. The soldier believes in why we are there, he made the comment that the people in Iraq don't know how to run their country. I would have loved to talk to the soldier more, though I doubt he would have told me much. There have been a lot of errors made, "accidents" intentional or unintentional, (un)friendly fire "oops sorry we thought you were the enemy our bad."

But many of the soldiers who are over there are trying to do good, who believe in world peace no matter how difficult of an objective that is. Some have lost sight of that, its a mess that will probably never get cleaned up.

Joseph said:
Educate yourselves
Educate ourselves? well we're already educated and we got our own opinion. Respect us and we will respect you.

If U dont like the USA
you can GET THE fresia OUT.

I served in the US Military. My step son
that raised from the age of 10 did 2 tours in the middle east...
No one had yet to send him a thank you note.
Belive in whatever the fresia you wanna belive..Say whatever the fresia you wanna. Live in whatever the fresia you wanna live...

Last but not least...fresia WHOM EVER U WANNA fresia :p

U welcome.....

Heres the pattern..
I havnt seen or notice any Iraqies post ing up in here. LoL

why dont u link that vedio of a young college student getting shot through the heart standing next to her father? How about the young woman getting stoned to death becuz she made out with her BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back