An apology

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Satyr

I don't know why, but I feel like I need to apologize to everyone for being here. I get the impression I don't really fit into this place and have made a few people feel awkward by simply sticking around and posting. If that's the case, I'm sorry..but I'm not going anywhere.

To top it off, I think I may have forever tainted a perfectly good friendship recently with someone I care a great deal about by simply opening my big fat mouth and letting the stupid out. I'm 37 years old and it seems I have yet to master the art of shutting up when appropriate.

Despite all of this, I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time. I've got a long history of mistakes under my belt and I've figured out ways of dealing with them that don't involve losing my mind or killing myself. Regardless of anyone else, I LIKE myself and the things I've been through and dealt with. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've finally figured out that the good I've done in this world far outweighs the bad. No one else may see it, but there's not much I can do about that.

As a great seafaring philosopher with oversized forearms once said: "I yam what I yam." and that's all I know how to be.

I'm here for anyone that needs help or simply wants to talk. I'm smarter than I look and I've been through depression, frustration, heartbreak, illness, solitude, love, hate and more...and I'm still alive. That should count for something.

I know a lot of you are hurting. So you're all getting a hug from me whether you want it or not...:)

<hugs>

oh no, Tis de skate man...

Hijacc said:
Make sexy with me satyr.

(now whos being awkward)
:p

That is awkward. I demand an apology.

*posts the hairy monsters*

Bluey said:

Hijacc said:
Make sexy with me satyr.

(now whos being awkward)

yourwordsmakemyeyesbleezl1.png

Hijacc said:
Bluey said:

Hijacc said:
Make sexy with me satyr.

(now whos being awkward)

lol, I sew your other post. Weirs then walking in on your mom and dad, really! There could be nothing weirs then that. Not even my hairy monsters. So just for that ama gonna post them :p

Don'T look down ;)

You have been warned.

hairy_monster.jpg

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
Bluey said:

Hijacc said:
Make sexy with me satyr.

(now whos being awkward)

lol, I sew your other post. Weirs then walking in on your mom and dad, really! There could be nothing weirs then that. Not even my hairy monsters. So just for that ama gonna post them

hairy_monster.jpg

THE PAIN!

Satyr said:
I don't know why, but I feel like I need to apologize to everyone for being here. I get the impression I don't really fit into this place and have made a few people feel awkward by simply sticking around and posting. If that's the case, I'm sorry..but I'm not going anywhere.

To top it off, I think I may have forever tainted a perfectly good friendship recently with someone I care a great deal about by simply opening my big fat mouth and letting the stupid out. I'm 37 years old and it seems I have yet to master the art of shutting up when appropriate.

Despite all of this, I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time. I've got a long history of mistakes under my belt and I've figured out ways of dealing with them that don't involve losing my mind or killing myself. Regardless of anyone else, I LIKE myself and the things I've been through and dealt with. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've finally figured out that the good I've done in this world far outweighs the bad. No one else may see it, but there's not much I can do about that.

As a great seafaring philosopher with oversized forearms once said: "I yam what I yam." and that's all I know how to be.

I'm here for anyone that needs help or simply wants to talk. I'm smarter than I look and I've been through depression, frustration, heartbreak, illness, solitude, love, hate and more...and I'm still alive. That should count for something.

I know a lot of you are hurting. So you're all getting a hug from me whether you want it or not...:)

<hugs>

Well, I read your entire thread and I still haven't seen anything that you should be apologizing for. And as for "fitting in", well, do any of us really? ANd maybe that's not such a bad thing. Heck, I don't feel like I "fit in" here. But, I do enjoy reading the posts (yours included) and talking to some of the folks I've met here.
And as for your friendship that you think you've ruined, well I kinda doubt that. Maybe you made it a little awkward? I can't say because I don't know exactly what you're talking about, but I think that, given a little time, things will be back to normal in your friendship. ANd guess what? I'm 40 and I still have the foot/mouth problem. :p Some of us just never seem to grow out of that. :D
While I didn't know you a year ago, I've been reading your posts since June of this year and I've seen a change in the tone of your posts since you came back. You are more positive than you used to be. And a comment you made really resonates with me. When I want to judge something in my life, I ask myself: Does the good outweigh the bad? If it does, then great! If not, changes are in order. So, if your life has more good than bad, you are doing much better than a lot of folks. I am happy for you. :)
Thanks for the hug!

Dude Satyr. You rock n Ima post more ladies pictures for ya:p

Vivian Leigh
vivian-leigh.jpg

Hijaac dont be scared of those hairy monsters. Ima use me penance stare against Bluey

ghostrider2pngthumbwk0.jpg

EveWasFramed said:
Satyr said:

<hugs>

Well, I read your entire thread and I still haven't seen anything that you should be apologizing for. And as for "fitting in", well, do any of us really? ANd maybe that's not such a bad thing. Heck, I don't feel like I "fit in" here. But, I do enjoy reading the posts (yours included) and talking to some of the folks I've met here.
And as for your friendship that you think you've ruined, well I kinda doubt that. Maybe you made it a little awkward? I can't say because I don't know exactly what you're talking about, but I think that, given a little time, things will be back to normal in your friendship. ANd guess what? I'm 40 and I still have the foot/mouth problem. :p Some of us just never seem to grow out of that. :D
While I didn't know you a year ago, I've been reading your posts since June of this year and I've seen a change in the tone of your posts since you came back. You are more positive than you used to be. And a comment you made really resonates with me. When I want to judge something in my life, I ask myself: Does the good outweigh the bad? If it does, then great! If not, changes are in order. So, if your life has more good than bad, you are doing much better than a lot of folks. I am happy for you. :)
Thanks for the hug!

holy schmoly.....wafflebutt or wafflebrains....same differences....lmao
good god almighty...things people put in their month.
I would say something about....mmmmmm you know,
but I'm not going to.
I hope I can get these **** thoughts
out of my head...though.
extremely hard to consentrate on my work.:p

EveWasFramed said:
Well, I read your entire thread and I still haven't seen anything that you should be apologizing for.

Maybe you're right. I shouldn't have to convince or apologize to anyone that's unwilling to see the good. Many people are blind and entirely too judgmental. Also, anyone that's expecting to meet someone that never makes a mistake is going to be very disapointed.

EveWasFramed said:
While I didn't know you a year ago, I've been reading your posts since June of this year and I've seen a change in the tone of your posts since you came back. You are more positive than you used to be.

Compared to a year ago, I'm practically a pom-pom shaking cheerleader with a three foot smile, yelling "GO TEAM GO!"...

But does anyone ask me to the prom? NO! :(

(what?)

Anyway, thanks to everyone that responded to this...even those of you who completely derailed the topic. I've obviously taught you well.

:)

EveWasFramed said:
I'm 40 and I still have the foot/mouth problem. :p Some of us just never seem to grow out of that. :D

Darn, i didn't know i was suppose to out grow it. :( Missed that one also.

Satyr said:
I don't know why, but I feel like I need to apologize to everyone for being here....

I don't know why either and suspect that there really is no reason.

euk6xy.jpg

Satyr said:
Anyway, thanks to everyone that responded to this...even those of you who completely derailed the topic. I've obviously taught you well.

f_satyrm_cc5cb84.jpg

Latest posts

Back