Approaching women on street and pick up lines.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tealeaf said:
It's so weird to me what I see from men online sometimes. There are guys living with their parents, unemployed, uneducated, fat, out of shape, no friends, no car, no hobbies, can't socialize, and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.

I find that odd too. A relationship is hard work. If you don't have these other areas settled away you have zero chance at a girl. Maybe what they mean is sex.

My 2 cents... put down the approaching women on the street and never pick it up again. Women have to worry about being attacked. It isn't you. IF any man... ANY man starts talking to me out in the real world that I don't know... I am not going to be happy about it and my guard and will be up.  It is a social norm that you don't do that so ... if you are, you are telling me there is a certain amount of desperation hiding back there and that, isn't good. 

I don't care if Prince Harry is next to me on the subway. If he starts talking to me.. I am going to turn up my iPhone and get off at the next  stop.

Tealeaf said:
fat, out of shape....and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.

Fat Shaming, Ableism, Oppressive beauty standards... Oh wait, OP is male, that's alright.

ardour said:
Tealeaf said:
fat, out of shape....and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.

Fat Shaming, Ableism, Oppressive beauty standards... Oh wait, OP is male, that's alright.

You're a great example of a man looking to pick a fight and blame it all on women, feminism, whatever, so this is the last time I'll respond to you before blocking you and leaving you to simmer and fight your imaginary little battles you love so much.

I wasn't referring to OP - the posters I had in mind specifically mentioned being overweight and in terrible shape. And it's not fat shaming to state that it's not healthy to be fat and out of shape, or that not caring about your body (or ability to drive, provide for yourself, or function independently of your parents in your 20's and 30's) compared to your relationship status is bad priorities. That's just fact.

Not that it matters now but I was joking/being facetious, not trying to pick a fight.

Tealeaf said:
Pretty much everyone has covered my opinion here. Random people out on the street are going about their day and highly uninterested in hearing what's usually used as pickup lines.

In the end I think if people are getting desperate enough to play the numbers game that way, it's time for more drastic action in their own lives. All that time could go to something like getting into better shape or learning a new musical instrument, which increases their own appeal and gives them something productive to do.

It's so weird to me what I see from men online sometimes. There are guys living with their parents, unemployed, uneducated, fat, out of shape, no friends, no car, no hobbies, can't socialize, and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.
That's just one if a multitude of issues I and others post on forums such as this. But, yes I am many of those things you described above. Whew! And i thought callie was a tough one. Speaking of which,  where is she??

I would suggest not being so cheap. Become rich and handsome and women will come to you. The older you are, more money you will need. Using pick up lines is too hard.

Restless soul said:
Tealeaf said:
Pretty much everyone has covered my opinion here. Random people out on the street are going about their day and highly uninterested in hearing what's usually used as pickup lines.

In the end I think if people are getting desperate enough to play the numbers game that way, it's time for more drastic action in their own lives. All that time could go to something like getting into better shape or learning a new musical instrument, which increases their own appeal and gives them something productive to do.

That's just one if a multitude of issues I and others post on forums such as this. But, yes I am many of those things you described above. Whew! And i thought callie was a tough one. Speaking of which,  where is she??

Tough, but it is true -- why should any woman (or man) want to be with someone who's unhappy and struggling, but will take no steps to better their own situation? A woman shouldn't be expected to be responsible for her mate's happiness... on top of taking care of herself and any children they might have someday, plus parents or other relatives in some cultures.

Tealeaf said:
Restless soul said:
Tealeaf said:

Tough, but it is true -- why should any woman (or man) want to be with someone who's unhappy and struggling, but will take no steps to better their own situation? A woman shouldn't be expected to be responsible for her mate's happiness... on top of taking care of herself and any children they might have someday, plus parents or other relatives in some cultures.

Ok.. ok

Restless soul said:
"I am just curious what others think. And  i its enouencouraged. One of the lines I find myself wanting to use and have used in the past a few times is " you have nice legs" or some variation. You can say I am a legman.

Is that being too overtly sexual? "

Well I think it is. :) Look at some common ways for picking up, and  keep in mind that everything goes from situation to situation. For example, if you talk about picking up girl (or at least trying to pick her up) on street, you need to just to think fast and smart. And always try to look so relaxed and smiled, if you are confused and shinny girls don't like that very much.

Restless soul said:
I am just curious what others think. And  i its enouencouraged. One of the lines I find myself wanting to use and have used in the past a few times is " you have nice legs" or some variation. You can say I am a legman.

Is that being too overtly sexual? I usually know the type of woman I like to use it on and. Might like the compiment.
I don't do it often sometimes I wonder if I should. Especially when the weather gets nicer there is too much eye candy.
I have target woman I seem to think would be ok or i feel more comfortable saying it to, but I don't because I hate feeling like a rabid dog in heat when I do. And that is usually the case. Never escaping that. Especially when woman look at you like you are a creep.

I always thought pickup lines were a kind of joke. I can imagine that "rabid dog" feeling you might get when using one for serious :club:

Have you actually done this before? Maybe crack a corny joke or something instead?

Maybe it would be work better if you asked her what SHE liked, or noticed first in a man. Maybe start with "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but I'm taking a poll, "for a friend"...(she'll know right away that you're lying, but that you may have a good sense of humor-which I know many women insist upon). A lot of women like legs too, men with muscular thighs, some like them a little bow-legged, etc.

Yukongirl said:
Maybe you should google Ivan Coyoye and Just Leave Her Alone letter....read and absorb

It's not very often that I read something that is as pointless and useless as that letter. I wonder if he has a letter telling people not to rape as well. That letter helps no one. I suspect that letter was written more for him to get attention from women by giving them something to contemptuously send to guys that seem to have a hard time approaching women. 

There are definitely ways of approaching people out in public that work. Just because YOU aren't open to those kinds of experiences/ interactions doesn't mean that everyone else is the same way. There are a lot of factors involved in whether or not OP will have success but I wouldn't say its impossible. There isn't really much to lose.

kamya said:
It's not very often that I read something that is as pointless and useless as that letter.

I loved it. If only I could get that tattooed to my head.  But who am I kidding... those who would approach me on the street probably wouldn't read it anyway.  Because it isn't about me.. only them. 

People always talk about how people are so caught up in the phones these days they don't want to talk to others during the day... no.. don't you get it.. people NEVER wanted to talk to people during the day. They just didn't have an excuse. The phone is a way of saying... I do not want to talk.. do not approach me...

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
But who am I kidding... those who would approach me on the street probably wouldn't read it anyway. 

This is exactly why it's such a stupid and pointless letter. Even if they did read it, it wouldn't change anything. That letter serves no purpose. It accomplishes nothing. It's patronizing garbage.

There is no worse feeling as being brushed off by a woman because she can tell you are horned up guy following her like a dog in heat. And that is the case 99% when I feel like approaching a woman on the street

So if I am sexually frustrated and can't find a woman interested in the same thing I am looking for, is masterbation the only answer?

Restless soul said:
So if I am sexually frustrated and can't find a woman interested in the same thing I am looking for, is masterbation the only answer?

The only legal one... (he said, looking skeptical).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back