Are there any good men out there?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel really lonely. I am constantly plagued with men hitting on me but many are not respectful and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I fear I am skeptical of all men these days and so I sit single and alone.

I guess I am just venting.

Katie

I sure hope there are! If not, the world is doomed! lol. There's plenty of good men on this site from what I can see.

I understand your skepticism towards men, however. Men sometimes really do not know what they have in women until they lose them.

Are there any good men out there?
Yeah, ME!
But, I'm overweight, and much too shy.

Besides, from a "nice guy's" point of view (spit on the ground when you say that)
Women seem to want the jerks.
Would you know a "good man" if you saw one?

I'd love to trade places with you (the opposite sex always taking an interest in me)

Count your blessings

First of all yes I am an adult. Clost to 40 come to think of it.

Whould I know a nice man? You know these day I dont think so. I used to live in Nashville and men there were nice. I took a job is South Florida and it is a different world down here. Party party party free for all is a good way to discribe it.

Katie said:
First of all yes I am an adult. Clost to 40 come to think of it. Whould I know a nice man? You know these day I dont think so. I used to live in Nashville and men there were nice. I took a job is South Florida and it is a different world down here. Party party party free for all is a good way to discribe it.

Katie ~ Were you drunk or drugged when you wrote this third post? Your first two posts were well-written: good spelling and grammar and you signed both of them "Katie", yet this third post is very different: many weird spelling errors and you didn't sign "Katie" as you did the first two. Why do I ask? If you're a troll I'm not going to feed you. If you're an alcoholic or a doper I just don't want to waste my valuable time. So, what's up with you?

That was my second post silly. No I was not drunk or drugged. I was perhaps emotional and not too terribly concerned about spelling or gramar.

hey and welcome.

there are good men out there but it seems that they are hard to find. or they are shy like me so they dont really talk to women.

You probably already know a few of these guys but don't give them a second thought , because they are not handsome enough for you , or confident enough for you . They are the ones who are always doing you favors and treating you respectfully . These kind and decent men are hiding in plain sight right in front of you

Katie said:
That was my second post silly. No I was not drunk or drugged. I was perhaps emotional and not too terribly concerned about spelling or gramar.

I think you lost count, Silly! Your third post seemed to be written under the influence of alcohol or drugs but if you say not, then OK no problem. I just can't hack drunks or druggies so I wanted to be sure not to waste my time on a loser. Enjoy the forum, Silly!

VanillaCreme said:
When you find a good man, let me know. I'd like to talk to one.

I think I'm what you'd call a good guy. I have never hurt, lied to, cheated on or hit a woman in my life! I think dignity and respect are two of the most important things in the world.

So many men hurt women and I hate it!!!

I guarantee you'd NEVER get disrespectful behatiour from me, so long as you understand men have needs too.

I'd love to sweep a woman off her feet and treat her like a queen.

Good men do exist - just listen and watch and you'll find one.

Heya, and welcome to ALL, Katie. As for the question, can't provide a satisfactory answer. I guess I'll go along with the notion of 'Yes, good folks are out there, but they don't tend to advertise with a big walking advertisement saying: "GET IT HERE!" like all the cool cats with their dazzling smooth moves and silver tongues.' A bit of a cynic in the regard of relationships, m'afraid, but otherwise a nice guy, or at least, I like to think myself as one.

Problem with being nice is, you always finish last... if at all. :) Still, best of luck on your search.

I'm going to tell you what you already know: yes, there are hoards of good men out there. Unfortunately, I'd bet you're not attracted to any of them. And if you ever met them, and you're the type of woman who can easily get attention from men in general, they'd probably bore you to tears--because they're not exciting. They're just nice--like me. I'm a nice guy, and good-looking (--I've gained weight, to be honest for the sake of this reply). I'm so nice, so much of a good guy, hot women go running the other way. This happened when I was very athletic, too. Women who can easily get men to follow them around with their mouth agape are very bored by nice guys--because they're so used to this kind of attention. But, confident, arrogant type-A asswipes are attractive to these women because they're exciting--different than the rest--abusive and self-centered too.

Well, that's reality. If you want nice, you might get a huge dose of boring to go along with it--I write computer programs for work and play, and think it's the most exciting thing in the world. See what I mean.

Hi-
There's some good guys out there. I've been single for 4 years and enjoying it but out there now looking for a good guy.
Welcome to the forum!

Teresa

To be honest I pay litttle attention to nearly all men because living in South Florida has made me jaded. It is a free for all down here and so I just ignore pretty much everyone. Really thinking of moving back to Tennessee where men were nice.

What do I want in a man. Someone nice, likes to stay active, can support himself, and smiles. I dont think that is a whole lot of ask for.

Frankoguy said:
I'm going to tell you what you already know: yes, there are hoards of good men out there. Unfortunately, I'd bet you're not attracted to any of them. And if you ever met them, and you're the type of woman who can easily get attention from men in general, they'd probably bore you to tears--because they're not exciting. They're just nice--like me. I'm a nice guy, and good-looking (--I've gained weight, to be honest for the sake of this reply). I'm so nice, so much of a good guy, hot women go running the other way. This happened when I was very athletic, too. Women who can easily get men to follow them around with their mouth agape are very bored by nice guys--because they're so used to this kind of attention. But, confident, arrogant type-A asswipes are attractive to these women because they're exciting--different than the rest--abusive and self-centered too.

Well, that's reality. If you want nice, you might get a huge dose of boring to go along with it--I write computer programs for work and play, and think it's the most exciting thing in the world. See what I mean.

Interesting that you are touting the "nice guys" while talking about "hot women." Do the "nice girls" run away?

What if the girl is nice and not hot? Does she count, or are the "women who can easily get men to follow them around with their mouth agape" the only ones who count?

I just thought your word choice was interesting.

Latest posts

Back