Can anyone else here honestly say that they don't have a single friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any friends (yet). I thought I had an online friend, but it turns out I was wrong.

I have a fair amount of online friends. I have one face-to-face friend, but our schedules seldom line up for the two of us to see each other. We've gotten a bit better with making time this year, but before that I often questioned the state of our friendship. Despite me not being totally friendless, though, when you develop a sense of alienation in workplaces and schools you can't think of yourself as "not lonely".

I don't, even online. I try to make some now but I don't know that if I succeed. Usually it goes to end.

I got one leftover school friend I meet up with for gaming 3-4 times a year. I never talked to him about any "personal stuff" though. Before I came here I had no friends I would share my thoughts with at all. Truth be told, even with the 2-3 online friends I made by chance here I stay relatively quiet about my life most of the time.

I have several good friends in real life, these are people that love me and accept me for who I am and vice versa. Im not perfect and neither are they but, I happy to have them. These are people ive met over years, from school and work. I dont get to see them often because, we are all working but, ever now and then we get together and hang out.

I've met hundreds of people online and for the years Ive been meeting them, i have maybe 2 friends that I still talk to. However,
I rarely hear from them. My online friendships have proven to be more fleeting than my real life ones.

In real life...Sifar (zero). I have few online friends though and that too is not a big list only few close one. Let see...1...2...3...4, 4 people only. It is almost 6-7 years since the last time I talked with my real life "friend". Don't even remember where!

While I know a lot of people, I only actually hang out with one. Because this person has kinda been there through some rough times, other people or 'friends' I've had are honeysuckle. Most people are preoccupied when in a relationship and don't give you a second thought, for example. Unfortunately this has happened a lot to me.

I don't really class "friends" as people you speak to online, unless some sort of physical exchange or encounter changes that. Then it becomes more personal and more like friendship; otherwise it's just two random people talking.

With friendships- or just any human interaction, more often than not, I tend to expect the other person to take the initiative. As sad as that is. It does limit the connections I make quite a bit, but it's more convenient from my perspective, since then I am sure whoever it is is speaking to me because they actually want to talk to me and I wouldn't be pestering them by talking to them. And more than a certain amount of interaction generally leaves me feeling drained. Occasionally people have taken it personally when I've mentioned this to them, which isn't how I meant it at all. Despite this, I do have those I call friends, but I don't interact with them constantly and can go days to years without hearing from them, but we do often pick right back up when we do finally talk.

9006 said:
I don't really class "friends" as people you speak to online, unless some sort of physical exchange or encounter changes that. Then it becomes more personal and more like friendship; otherwise it's just two random people talking.

I consider those I've made connections with only online to be friends too. I don't think the definition of includes the necessity of meeting in person, particularly in this day and age. A genuine connection will be genuine, whether or not one is in person. Sometimes it's easier to confide in those not physically present and talk to them than it is to someone who is directly in front of you.

Idol Minos said:
I have friends. I just wish we hung out more together.

Just wanna say that I just enjoyed watching that short gif in your signature!

I don't have any friends and am content with it. They chose to abandon me after almost 20 years of friendship. Good riddance I say. A female friend of mine stopped talking to me for no reason after 8 years of friendship and gave no reason. I got back at her today by ruining her birthday for her. And I must say ot felt **** good. Yes, you may call me a horrible, hateful and maybe even downright evil. But you don't stop talking to someone for no reason. Karma is a *****. Sure, one day I'll get mine, but I've gotten it before in the past.

TheRealCallie said:
If you were content with it, you wouldn't feel the need for revenge....just saying.

Oh yes, because you're always right. Do you follow all my posts or something?

Jafo said:
I don't have any friends and am content with it. They chose to abandon me after almost 20 years of friendship. Good riddance I say. A female friend of mine stopped talking to me for no reason after 8 years of friendship and gave no reason. I got back at her today by ruining her birthday for her. And I must say ot felt **** good. Yes, you may call me a horrible, hateful and maybe even downright evil. But you don't stop talking to someone for no reason. Karma is a *****. Sure, one day I'll get mine, but I've gotten it before in the past.

Maybe your behaviour towards people was what made her stop talking to you? If you are so hateful to others and want to hurt them so much.... why would anyone want to be around someone like that? Unless they have the same ideas and goals in mind.

9006 said:
Idol Minos said:

thanks man. I just found it on google randomly.

Idol Minos said:
9006 said:
Idol Minos said:

thanks man. I just found it on google randomly.

I have to agree with 9006. One of the very few animated signatures I can stand watching. :)

ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:

Maybe your behaviour towards people was what made her stop talking to you? If you are so hateful to others and want to hurt them so much.... why would anyone want to be around someone like that? Unless they have the same ideas and goals in mind.

Nope. I was nothing but kind to this person. She's the one who started it. I just finished it.

Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:

Nope. I was nothing but kind to this person. She's the one who started it. I just finished it.

No, I meant your behaviour towards other people. Not to her. You can be kind to her but hateful and horrible to others... that might be the reason why she doesn't want to stick around.

ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:

No, I meant your behaviour towards other people. Not to her. You can be kind to her but hateful and horrible to others... that might be the reason why she doesn't want to stick around.

She saw me be nice to other people. Jeez, get it through your heads people. She was the one who did something wrong first. Not me.

Latest posts

Back