Controversy of woman have it easier

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSolitaryMan said:
beans said:
For girls, it's different. It's a game. You like a guy, but you can't approach him or show it, or act on it, unless of course you're a bombshell.

Ah, "the game". Yeah, unfortunately it would seem guys must play "the game" too. In fact, my romance life is pretty much a 6 year long unfinished game that I'm losing :p

The weird thing is, guys are meant to approach and show it I guess? I can't actually do that. So...I guess I'm screwed. If you can't play "the game" as a guy, you're just finished before you begin I guess.

I'd argue that girls are quite free to show it, because it's not the same if a guy turns them away. Right now, in my current situation, I'm looking at asking a girl out in front of 4 people who never leave her side. If that goes wrong it's going to be like a sledgehammer to the nuts, emotionally.

I mean, perhaps girls don't feel they are "allowed to", but if a girl who liked me was to just come up and touch my shoulders or something that'd be my idea of a freaking miracle. I could immediately skip the angsty uncertain "does she or doesn't she?" bullshit that has mercilessly held me prisoner since my teens.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that modern human society does not favour dating at all if you're looking for something significant and with emotional depth rather than random sex, whether male or female. It's sad :(

Bingo!

beans said:
For girls, it's different. It's a game. You like a guy, but you can't approach him or show it, or act on it, unless of course you're a bombshell.

Then why do so many girls chase? ... girls that are not even attractive.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Ah, "the game". Yeah, unfortunately it would seem guys must play "the game" too. In fact, my romance life is pretty much a 6 year long unfinished game that I'm losing :p

The weird thing is, guys are meant to approach and show it I guess? I can't actually do that. So...I guess I'm screwed. If you can't play "the game" as a guy, you're just finished before you begin I guess.

I'd argue that girls are quite free to show it, because it's not the same if a guy turns them away. Right now, in my current situation, I'm looking at asking a girl out in front of 4 people who never leave her side. If that goes wrong it's going to be like a sledgehammer to the nuts, emotionally.

Hmmm I think there are many ways to ask a girl out without doing it in front of 4 other people. Write a note, letter or text? Or wait for her when she's alone, and then approach. You just have to be creative.

TheSolitaryMan said:
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that modern human society does not favour dating at all if you're looking for something significant and with emotional depth rather than random sex, whether male or female. It's sad :(

I think we both live in two different worlds. Sex is easy to get. I mean, worse comes to worse, you could go to a prostitute. But not love. How can you obtain love? Can you even pay to feel love? Not really.

Now see, as for me it feels too awkward even trying to ask someone out, especially when you have the "this could ruin the friendship" and "he'll say no" and all that. So yeah a note, text, email.... whatever makes it easier on you :) still might feel awkward, but easier than in front of people >< (<< never tries anyways in a kind of "why bother")

And I agree, yeah sex is obtainable somehow, even if paid for, but love... well most people search and most won't find it. As for me I think I just started wondering if love is just a fantasy thing people made up so that relationships were made more appealing....

beans said:
Hmmm I think there are many ways to ask a girl out without doing it in front of 4 other people. Write a note, letter or text? Or wait for her when she's alone, and then approach. You just have to be creative.

I think we both live in two different worlds. Sex is easy to get. I mean, worse comes to worse, you could go to a prostitute. But not love. How can you obtain love? Can you even pay to feel love? Not really.

For a text I need her number.

As for a note or letter, maybe some girls'd find that cute, but I feel like a coward for doing that. I mean, what's more emotive, a living, breathing guy looking you in the eyes and asking you out, or a poorly written note hidden on your desk? :s

I'm a little confused by the second bit. Surely our views are the same on that from the bit you quoted?

I think the hardest bit is where you seperate sex and love. I consider sex part of the whole love package.

Chivalrous maybe, but not perhaps a wise stance on it in this day and age. Sex is not on the menu until I find a really nice girl, and really nice girls whom I actually have the guts to ask out are very hard to come by! :)

As for a prostitute, yeah, worst comes to worst a guy can do that. But I don't think it's worth trading in your moral values for "fun", so I don't think that's an option for many of us. I know it certainly isn't for me.

Well at least you have morals :D which then just shows you're a good guy :p
Although, even though sex might be a part of love, I don't think it should dominate love as a whole... I know people who do that and to me it's like... "You'd rather do that, instead of... well I don't know, going to a nice supper, or a movie, or taking a stroll, or anything?? Just that? and only that? really?"

For instance I know this girl, who has dated probably over 100 guys (yikes!!! "Many Pharaohs laid in that Tomb"?) and I asked "well... why?" And she says with a stupid smile on her face "just 'cuz it's fun. Plus I can have whatever I want."
which makes it worse when I know she's had sex with 3 guys I know who have a low self-esteem right now... and she didn't boost their confidence (They tell me everything including THAT) lol... So I guess it still depends on the girl to get "self esteem" out of anything, like I forgot who said that, but yeah :)

Whenever a woman brings up the "I need the best guy I can get because I can pop out babies" I laugh at it because you only go after the guys who are outgoing douches, and have money. Most of ya are lazy entitlement ghoulies who think that just because you have a vagina doesn't mean you are owed something in life.

[video=youtube]

firebird85 said:
Whenever a woman brings up the "I need the best guy I can get because I can pop out babies" I laugh at it because you only go after the guys who are outgoing douches, and have money. Most of ya are lazy entitlement ghoulies who think that just because you have a vagina doesn't mean you are owed something in life.

[video=youtube]

You know...Ive ignored your pompous remarks about women so far, but you go too far. One more broad-sweeping insult, like the one above, and I'm going to ban you for good.

@Sprint: I think age does play a role, I am not sure how old you are. However, there are plenty of women and men, who say "No sex until Marriage". That is withholding sex without commitment.

As for your answer about giving commitment before you obtain sex. It is all about perspective. From a different perspective it looks like you gave out a commitment for sex. She withheld sex until you committed.

Again experiences vary from person to person. I have met plenty more people who experienced the stuff I described.

EveWasFramed said:
You know...Ive ignored your pompous remarks about women so far, but you go too far. One more broad-sweeping insult, like the one above, and I'm going to ban you for good.

*fingers crossed*

Eve, I think I love you. :D

LOL @ Firebird's talk of women.. Again like I said. I'll agree. We are totally taking over the world getting rid of man and becoming asexual beings. >.> because... That totally will happen. :)

Thing is, unless you somehow become female (or for ya girls, become guys) we'll just never know the TRUTH behind anything, will we? I mean, I definitely agree where guys say girls can obtain relationships easier than guys... But we don't have it all around easy, such as where well gee idk (directed at you, firebird) like when your mother went through the pregnancy and labor just for you. When you think women have it easy, you're showing that everything your parent did for you is in vain. Especially, firebird (you know this convo we had :) ) when all you'd have to is put a little confidence and effort in and **** will everything work out better.

Also, even though money is nice if you don't have the personality well you can tuck your degrees and money in at night but **** your bed will be cold. I definitely for one, if I didn't need money (you know, for rent, food...) I would be just fine not having money. Granted some girls (I know one in particular!) prefer money but that's because she sucks and is materialistic :)

Equinox said:
EveWasFramed said:

*fingers crossed*

Eve, I think I love you. :D

...and toes crossed as well!!!

firebird85 said:

I suggest the optimal course of action for you is transgender surgery so that you may share in this sacred power.

AFrozenSoul said:
@Sprint: I think age does play a role, I am not sure how old you are. However, there are plenty of women and men, who say "No sex until Marriage". That is withholding sex without commitment.

plenty??? hmmmmm :rolleyes2:

AFrozenSoul said:
@Sprint: As for your answer about giving commitment before you obtain sex. It is all about perspective. From a different perspective it looks like you gave out a commitment for sex. She withheld sex until you committed.

It isn't about perspective. It's about reality. :D

Sprint said:
AFrozenSoul said:

plenty??? hmmmmm :rolleyes2:

I have to agree; this does not usually seem to be the case.

TheSolitaryMan said:
There are sadly a lot of pretty pathetic guys that just want to have sex for the ego boost. To them, it means they have sort of "hunted and seduced" a woman. On the other hand, even the girls of low morals don't get that boost themselves, because it's not an "achievement" to simply allow a guy have sex with you.

I don't know about that, why would the guy get a boost if he bedded a minger? For both sexes I think it depends who you bedded. If I bedded some very hot guy I would feel pretty good. :p

Lol!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Firebird :) I do not think I have met a woman who can "pop out babies". FYI, it includes contractions, which for most people (some are lucky...) get more severe as they are closer. For some unfortunate ladies out there like most of the women I know, includes tearing and ripping, fractured pelvic bone, dislocation of hips, sometimes an incisor is needed to get the baby out (can damage the child and the mother), and lots of blood CAN be lost. Luckily not ALL of us go through that... but I don't know a soul who can "pop out babies"...

As for looking for the best guy... well my best guy is different from so-and-so's best guy, and it is different from whatsherface's best guy... Some people go for looks, strength, brain cells, height, or personality - or a mix. Personally, I think if a guy lacked personality I couldn't date him. And he'd have to be not completely stupid (I dated one...not so bright guy... GAAAAHHHH), and not be disgusting in appearance...

I will soon start throwing flamebabies at my neighbours if they don't stop playing loud music every effing evening. Apologies for the off topic; I'm caught in a fit or rage at the moment.

But seriously, peeps; can't we all just agree that people are individuals, not just their genders, and that gender generalizations simply DON'T WORK? I feel like we've been "debating" this whole "men vs women" thing for centuries, and we've passed Go at least six times. :p

xD six? I thought we were at 7......

And I agree, because like when you generalize "women cooking" and "men working"... Well, some girls can't cook (trust me I know them), and some guys can't work (disabilities for example) so yeah... If we want to stay in the 1600's well go for it, kidnap a 12 year old and make her bear your children, cook your food.... ><

Senamian said:
xD six? I thought we were at 7......

And I agree, because like when you generalize "women cooking" and "men working"... Well, some girls can't cook (trust me I know them), and some guys can't work (disabilities for example) so yeah... If we want to stay in the 1600's well go for it, kidnap a 12 year old and make her bear your children, cook your food.... ><

You need permission from your lord or at least his chamberlain first before you can wed her, though, since both you and her are chattel of the manorial lord. Kidnapping is illegal according to the Church so even if wedding vows are spoken under duress and the 'marriage' is physically consummated, it will be considered as invalid so if captured, you will likely be tortured and eventually killed.

Latest posts

Back