Controversy of woman have it easier

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've thought about this a bit in the past. I tried to consider the hardships that both genders usually face in life, and tip the balance somehow. I realised that neither man or woman will have it easier. It all depends on what life happens to spontaneously throw at you - and what you make of it.

And if you single out the people who think they have it bad in life, there will always be someone out there who has it worse.

First of all, excuse me for my bad english, it's not my native language but i hope you can understand me. It's an interesting thread.. I think women have it so much easier. It seems like most of girls have tons of male "friends", and they can pick one of them anytime if they want. Only thing they need to do is select. Guys, like me on the other hand, have only few female friends. Last time i met a girl who wasn't good looking at all, but as we talked more and more , suddenly i realised how kind and nice person she is. We become real close friends talked a lot etc. Then a couple of months after we met, i felt in love with her. Loved her very much. So yes, we can love what's inside... When i told her about my feelings, she said something like "you are really a great person and i think we are soulmates, but this is hard to me becouse i don't like you as a man" :S It wasn't the first time that a girl doesn't feel the same as i do. Usually i can't even meet new girls, becouse when i see a girl on street or anywhere and smile at her or try to make eye contact... girls just make faces like "eeeeww, what do you want" and turn their back on me. Don't know why.. I'm certainly not an adonis, or brad pitt or whoever. But I think i'm ok as i am, i'm not overweight and stuff... I just like the way i look, don't really want to change it. But when things like what i described happens, i really start to think that stereotypes like "women only want perfect male with loads of money" and such are true. So time goes on... and i'm still virgin at the age of 25. :)

Good grief, I'm getting so bored with the "I've had some bad luck with women, so I'll just assume women in general have it easier than men" excuse. If us women on this forum were to do the same, we'd be drowning in threads about how much easier men have it (and serious ones, not like the koala thread).

Based on all this whining, I've reached the following conclusion: Women don't have it easier than men. Men, however, are more desperate to find a girl - ANY girl. Women sense this desperation, and thus shun away, as desperation is (for most of us) one of the biggest turn-offs.

Sorry for being a bit brutal, but I'm just so sick of the "women have it so much easier" whining - which, by the way, is wrong. For every man who says "I've never been in a relationship" there is a girl who can say "me neither". And besides, the number of people you've been with doesn't really say anything about how "easy" it is to find someone - it just means you've only managed to find the wrong people to be with, and there is nothing "easy" about that.

I'm positive that for every guy on this forum saying "girls have it easier", I can think of at least one of my female friends who's struggled a lot and/or is still struggling to find a meaningful relationship. At the top of my head I can think of nine, including myself. So just put a sock in it. :p

Equinox said:
Good grief, I'm getting so bored with the "I've had some bad luck with women, so I'll just assume women in general have it easier than men" excuse. If us women on this forum were to do the same, we'd be drowning in threads about how much easier men have it (and serious ones, not like the koala thread).

Based on all this whining, I've reached the following conclusion: Women don't have it easier than men. Men, however, are more desperate to find a girl - ANY girl. Women sense this desperation, and thus shun away, as desperation is (for most of us) one of the biggest turn-offs.

Sorry for being a bit brutal, but I'm just so sick of the "women have it so much easier" whining - which, by the way, is wrong. For every man who says "I've never been in a relationship" there is a girl who can say "me neither". And besides, the number of people you've been with doesn't really say anything about how "easy" it is to find someone - it just means you've only managed to find the wrong people to be with, and there is nothing "easy" about that.

I'm positive that for every guy on this forum saying "girls have it easier", I can think of at least one of my female friends who's struggled a lot and/or is still struggling to find a meaningful relationship. At the top of my head I can think of nine, including myself. So just put a sock in it. :p

If this was aimed to me.. then i didn't write that for "whining". I just shared my experiences. It's just how i see things works around me, not sayin' things works everywhere on the world like this. :)

I was chatting with a couple of lovely ladies I know from a while back the other day and it suddenly struck me that they've always been single too.

They've pretty, really friendly and nice. They're also quiet, until they get to know people, just like me.

I kind of wish I could create two copies of myself so I could simultaneously date my massive crush and be with them too, they really deserve decent guys :p

Anyway, then I realised all the "confident"/mouthy (sometimes "slutty") guys and girls I know are constantly in relationships and I kind of had a revelatory moment.

Being in a relationship seems to come with being outgoing, simple as that. Personality and looks are not particularly relevant oftentimes when it comes to actually getting "a" relationship.

Being a nice person doesn't really help you find a relationship that often, but it does help you have a quality relationship when you do eventually get one.

I know a guy, for example, who frequently makes ridiculously crude jokes, acts a bit like a dick but at the same time has a steady GF. I think it's just because he's always "out there".

So I guess that's the crux of the problems for both genders. If you're introverted you can be a ridiculously awesome person, but remain single for a long time.

"Being a nice person doesn't really help you find a relationship that often, but it does help you have a quality relationship when you do eventually get one."

That's true actually. And I personally, find the go-getters, the loud guys with fancy cars (or wannabe fancy cars with revving of the engines and loud bass you cannot even hear the music), the wolf whistlers... all obnoxious pompous freaks with no ambition. That being said any of you are like that no offense :D I just find it annoying and makes me think they are trying too hard or think they can have any "piece of meat" they want. I actually, for once, would love to have a nice person to have a relationship with. And I even had him! But he still is saying "tell you later" when I ask what is going on and I already know, LATER NEVER COMES.
I have a friend in his 20's, and he is such a gentle nice guy, and he plays piano AND guitar AND sings... he's asked me "what's wrong with me? why can't I get a girlfriend?" and I seriously don't have the answer. He is shy one on one, but he'll play and sing in front of a small crowd... So I do see, how some things point to that guys do have it pretty rough. But us ladies do too in a difference sense, or sometimes, in the same sense :)

Senamian said:
! But he still is saying "tell you later" when I ask what is going on and I already know, LATER NEVER COMES.
I have a friend in his 20's, and he is such a gentle nice guy, and he plays piano AND guitar AND sings... he's asked me "what's wrong with me? why can't I get a girlfriend?" and I seriously don't have the answer. He is shy one on one, but he'll play and sing in front of a small crowd...

Some people are much more capable of relating to a crowd than with a small group/single person; vice versa is also true. Unfortunately, as you may have noted, guys who are more assertive tend to be more successful with women, even if they are ********.

The two don't have to come together, though, though they are opposed to some limited extent(putting yourself first means not putting others ahead of you - which is often a large part of 'niceness'). . Your friend would do well to be more assertive, and probably not be so focused on just being gentle and maybe a bit self-conscious.

Senamian said:
So I do see, how some things point to that guys do have it pretty rough. But us ladies do too in a difference sense, or sometimes, in the same sense :)

We all have our crosses to bear. I always find guy v girl comparisons to be silly for that reason, because we all have different goals and different stressors.

Exactly :) we do have different goals - just as individuals, not as genders, and we do have different stressors, different factors, different environments, different people... I think it's more "that person has a hard life, compared to that person" and it shouldn't be "that guy has a harder than that girl because she's a girl" because that makes no sense :p

I have tried telling my friend he needs to be more assertive :) he tries. It is just hard lol. And trust me he is self-conscious... but in the bad way. He thinks he is ugly (I think he is down right a cutie), he thinks he can't really sing (we all agree he is awesome at singing and should keep it up). Guess it is all what we put in our heads.

similar words with almost identical meanings. So, you are saying, my 19 year old VIRGIN friend,a girl, is a whore? PROPER DEFINITION OF WHORE: "a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet."

Considering that most of us are not prostitutes, you are terribly wrong.

Plus if we were all whores, wouldn't YOU be able to get sex? -food for thought, preeching shoved down throat-

Senamian said:
similar words with almost identical meanings. So, you are saying, my 19 year old VIRGIN friend,a girl, is a whore? PROPER DEFINITION OF WHORE: "a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet."

Evidently, she's still in training. I expect stories of hot lesbian domme action now.

Senamian said:

Plus if we were all whores, wouldn't YOU be able to get sex? -food for thought, preeching shoved down throat-

Yup women are whores.

Senamian said:

watch this video and learn your place woman
[video=youtube]

LonelyClothar said:
Yup women are whores.

So, when someone rejects your point logically, the way to emphasize your position is to repeat your previous assertion, but louder?

So, if we all are being paid for sex wouldn't someone like you, who acts so vile (like in other posts I have seen) be able to get something? Seriously.

And okay, to me, all you show is you want women to see men like you as nothing but worthless rude and sadistic asses. Truthfully. Do you REALLY expect to ever have a girlfriend by being a ******?

So guys who complain they "never had a girlfriend" are willing to sound like asses, therefore wonder why they do not have girlfriends? curious indeed ;) (not really, it is a figure of speech) same goes for you, firebird. One minute you're nice to me the next you're a complete ass and really think that doesn't push the wrong buttons? And Firebird, hun, if you read this, let's not relapse to what happened previously :) it took 3 years and you hated the reaction in the end :)

Also, you know where my place is? right beside my brothers, and my sister, knowing I DON'T GIVE A fresia about being treated like the dirt beneath YOUR feet.

Because in the end, when we are the dirt holding your feet up, we move, you fall. And then there is nothing and no one to catch you. And also, if it were not for women saying "yeah sure we'll help the companies" during the cold war and such, the war would have been terribly lost because there would be nothing sent out to our troops, there would be nothing for their families back home. So, when people say women are useless, or are sex slaves, or misuse the term WHORE, they are just showing me they compensate for something else. or probably, for everything else. And that includes self-awareness, a positive self consciousness, and so on.

I do not even care for the whole feminism thing considering it got so out of hand it makes no sense. But ****, if I were in YOUR kitchen, just because I can cook doesn't mean I wouldn't intentionally poison you. -.- Or drug you. since I wouldn't really kill.

So, in your words "treat women like dirt" be a complete ******* and "the more they stick like mud" the more they stay around because they fear you? Funny thing is. I don't fear you. I have never feared a male in my life. I have respected males, and I do respect certain males, but I do not fear them. Even ask Firebird, he knows I only get annoyed and not fearful.

I see how abuse would cause women to stay because of either: 1. "I can save him, he's really a good guy" or 2. "But I love him..." or 3. "I'm scared he'll find me if I leave" which then all of that suggests either you have had a girlfriend who left you, and you felt if you had put forth force she would have stayed, or you never had a girlfriend therefore have thought up plans on how to make a girl stay if she ever was in your midst. Take your pick. So many things can tell you of a person.

By the way. is the man in the video seriously freaking out about a sandwich? xDDDDDDDDDDDD -totally not even a part of the further part of the feminism, freedom and rights yes, I could care less of being an ass to men-

^never had a real man to put this woman in her place. If you were Muslim you would never ever disrespect a MAN EVER.

LonelyClothar said:
^never had a real man to put this woman in her place. If you were Muslim you would never ever disrespect a MAN EVER.

And if you weren't a world class ******, you wouldn't be perma-banned right now.

Latest posts

Back