Do you believe in friendships between men and women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am the one, who is always friendzoned or seen just as a friend. So women definitely see a friend in me.

As from my perspective. Yes, it is possible. But I can easily fall in love and have burnt a few bridges too, because I just HAD to say about my feelings.

However, I think a friendship with some women can be long-lasting too. But in this case that woman must be really good to discuss about world and life, etc. And be really fun to be around in spare time. And I know she doesn't want me and/or she already has a relationship, and I avoid developing deep feelings, so I kind of accept the distance and simply value the discussions and time spent. However, the connection (let alone meetings) aren't really frequent, because then it would frustate, as she obviously has far bigger priorities in life than to deal with me.

However, I think it is easier to be in "friendzones" for people, who already are in relationships. Or at least, who are more attractive to the extent that they can be choosy. Because then they wouldn't care about 'potential relationship' much, and from their point of view it is just good to have some other people in life in addition to relationship.

No. I think that friendship is possible only for men. Women cannot undestand that friendship is. Men and women can have sex or communication but not friendship. In my life, I have never met a girl with which I could have friendship.

^ That's very sad.

Also, do you mean women cannot understand what friendship is in relation to friendships between male and female or in general? Do you think women cannot be friends with other women?

DarkSelene,
I am convinced that women cannot understand what friendship is in general. They cannot understand the very sense of this term. Because in order to understand the sense of friendship you must be a man and pass through difficulties through wich most of men pass.
In order to be a friend you must be a man.
Men's life differs from women's one. Men's values differ from women's values.
Women have no necessary qualities for friendship. They cannot be friends at all. 
«Friendship between women» is an illusion also.

Hidden said:
I am convinced that women cannot understand what friendship is in general. They cannot understand the very sense of this term. Because in order to understand the sense of friendship you must be a man and pass through difficulties through wich most of men pass.
Women have no necessary qualities for friendship. They cannot be friends at all. 

How did you get to that conclusion?

What are the necessary qualities for a friendship? What are the difficulties man pass through (that women don't), that are vital to the understanding of the concept of friendship?

Volt,
I came to the conclusion by living, observing and learning life lessons. It is my experience.
I observed women and I never saw a woman with necessary qualities for friendship. 
All women that I ever knew not only could not be friends but also had no need for friendship.
Women can wish money or material values or career or marriage and children or even love and sex. But they do not need friendship.
And why do they have to need or want it? They do not have to. Because their needs differ from men's needs.
Women think that friendship is something like communication.
True friendship is more than just communication. True friendship demands mutual understanding and affection, common interests and goals, common fight against difficulties of life. 
Women's interests and goals are not the same that men's, and it is normal.
True friendship is possible only in life's difficulties when two men support each other to survive. 
When life is easy true friendship is impossible and not needed.
Women's life does not have such difficulties that men's one has.
Women's life differs from men's one. So our qualities and values are different.
Women can think and care only about themselves and their own profit.

Hidden said:
DarkSelene,

Lol

Some of the best people I've known in terms of moral fortitude were women.

I don't know if you are angry or bitter, but your declaration that women are incapable of being friends is literally one of the most preposterous things I've ever read.

TheRealCallie said:
We are clearly the lesser gender.  Stupid and belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Lol

Well, perhaps some house shoes.

TheRealCallie said:
We are clearly the lesser gender.  Stupid and belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Lol

No one should be so rude to do such statements. 
There are no bad genders. We are just different. We cannot understand each other, and it is normal.

Hidden said:
Volt,
I came to the conclusion by living, observing and learning life lessons. It is my experience.
I observed women and I never saw a woman with necessary qualities for friendship. 
All women that I ever knew not only could not be friends but also had no need for friendship.
Women can wish money or material values or career or marriage and children or even love and sex. But they do not need friendship.
And why do they have to need or want it? They do not have to. Because their needs differ from men's needs.
Women think that friendship is something like communication.
True friendship is more than just communication. True friendship demands mutual understanding and affection, common interests and goals, common fight against difficulties of life. 
Women's interests and goals are not the same that men's, and it is normal.
True friendship is possible only in life's difficulties when two men support each other to survive. 
When life is easy true friendship is impossible and not needed.
Women's life does not have such difficulties that men's one has.
Women's life differs from men's one. So our qualities and values are different.
Women can think and care only about themselves and their own profit.

omg

obvious troll is obvious

> «Some of the best people I've known in terms of moral fortitude were women».

Maybe, but to be the best human is not sufficient to be a friend.

> «Whelp, it seems most of my friendship are a total lie.»

It depends on what sense you put in the term. Many people reckon that friendship is something like chatter of just communication.

Volt said:
TheRealCallie said:

I'm fine with this.

:club: :club:

Lol

Hidden said:
TheRealCallie said:

No one should be so rude to do such statements. 
There are no bad genders. We are just different. We cannot understand each other, and it is normal.

I'm sorry, did you really just call me rude after the crap that spewed out of your mouth (or rather fingers)?   :D

Latest posts

Back