Do you believe in friendships between men and women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a man, a female friend can be attractive but they will never act unless she starts to show interest first. In many cases, it doesn't take much to date your male friend. On the other hand, a male friend can easily not be attractive at all for a woman and the only way she decides to like him is when she realizes she can't form a stronger relationship with another man at that point. Usually when a series of relationships have failed before.

MisterLonely said:
If both are looking for a friend, they can find one in each other no matter the gender, if one of them is looking for more and not honest about what this person actually want's out of the relationship, it's doomed to fail I'd say, the friendship part at least.

Yes. Its got to work equally, if both are in the friendzone then of course they can be friends and attend each others weddings and be happy and have play dates with their kids. 
But if one wakes up one day and all of a sudden feel different about the other person, or if one just thought about it and have always thought about it then no. Absolutely no. Thats not friendship, thats unrequited love, multiple what if arguments, jealousy,  sexual tensions waiting to happen.

Friendships do exist. However, sometimes spending great amount of time with each other brings the friendship to a whole new level... one that involves more than just hanging out but making sacrifices for each other. That is where both really need to ask each other if romance is the right way to take the friendship to the next level.

My two best friends are women. Known them for 27 years and 15 years respectively, so if there was going to be any sexual tenson, we're being a bit tardy about it.

Great no nonsense friendships. I think I find women to be easier to be friends with.

TheLoadedDog said:
My two best friends are women. Known them for 27 years and 15 years respectively, so if there was going to be any sexual tenson, we're being a bit tardy about it.

Great no nonsense friendships.  I think I find women to be easier to be friends with.
 Wow I find them so hard lol men are easier

Moetan21 said:
TheLoadedDog said:

Great no nonsense friendships.  I think I find women to be easier to be friends with.

Maybe this is part of the reason it works for some, I also find women easier to befriend .... just need to keep that sexual tension in check

MisterLonely said:
Moetan21 said:
TheLoadedDog said:

Maybe this is part of the reason it works for some, I also find women easier to befriend .... just need to keep that sexual tension in check

Imo the fact that you have to keep that sexual tension in check is proof enough that it's not JUST friendship. I wouldn't want a SO to have a bunch of friends that are "just keeping the sexual tension in check" around them. Most single guys would fresia most single women if the women were sane and up for it, friends included. Some don't even care about the single part.

I think men get a bad press in that regard. Some men are scumbags, sure. But most are not. I would never go near a woman who was in a relationship. EVen one who is not, I would be thinking seriously about the potential loss of friendship if things were to go to the next level and then go pear shaped. I did this for the first time in my life this year, and I'm paying the price.

I've done my time crying my eyes out over the lost romance, but I will never get over the lost friendship. That part is worse.

But in general, I have had wonderful experiences with cross-gender friendships. The sexual tension can honestly be zero.

Girl Friend: I want to give you vagina right now. Will you take it?

Guy Friend: I don't know. I don't want to ruin a great friendship. I'm sure your vagina is fantastic. But what about our late night talks?

Me: How much soy are you drinking?

Lol I just think that there are certain people who you're meant to be in the friend zone with and stay there forever and there's friends (with sexual possibilities and all that drag)

I tried looking for the Friendzone.

I think it's just a myth. It's kind of like in South Park, when they're trying to find the clitoris; it doesn't exist.

:)

South Park is my spirit animal.

Richard_39 said:
I think it's just a myth. It's kind of like in South Park, when they're trying to find the clitoris; it doesn't exist.

I absolutely believe in platonic relationships between men and women. Most of my friends are male - with the exception of three females.

MissGuided said:
South Park is my spirit animal.

I absolutely believe in platonic relationships between men and women. Most of my friends are male - with the exception of three females.

They'd all touch your naughty bits if you'd let them. But they'll never tell you that.

bleed_the_freak said:
They'd all touch your naughty bits if you'd let them. But they'll never tell you that.

LOL Beg to differ.
I personally, a lOOOOONG time ago (I'm too old and smelly for it to happen anymore) I've had a semi-naked drunk friend of mine practically throw herself at me.
I didn't touch her naughty bits and put her to bed (NO, not like that, ye little varmints!). We're friends to this day.
I do believe in platonic relationships between men and women. The sex is not a factor here; the personality of the person is.
And finding someone attractive does not mean bedding them either. My friend is a gorgeous girl. She was just a little confused at the time and I happened to be single. It was an alcohol-induced mistake, which happens and has not happened since (don't think her husband would be pleased  ;) )

But it really does depend on the person. Some people live through their urges, others control them.

Was listening to this on the background while working earlier. This email reminded me of this thread.  :D

[youtube]JRnm7-Jzi2I?t=960[/youtube]

I have a problem with the whole "friend zone" thing. It implicitly implies you want something more. What if you don't?

I don't think of my male friends as being in the "friend zone" (I can't speak for gay guys), so why my female ones? They are friends. We are grown ups. Being "just friends" is damned fine, IMHO.

TheLoadedDog said:
I have a problem with the whole "friend zone" thing.  It implicitly implies you want something more.  What if you don't?

I don't think of my male friends as being in the "friend zone" (I can't speak for gay guys), so why my female ones?  They are friends.  We are grown ups.  Being "just friends" is damned fine, IMHO.

I believe that means you are lying to yourself :club:

lol, I hate the term friend zone.

kamya said:
Was listening to this on the background while working earlier. This email reminded me of this thread.  :D

[youtube]JRnm7-Jzi2I?t=960[/youtube]

I...... I couldn't go more than four minutes of listening to this. The thing is this: I know he's right. And I know it works. I've seen it with my own eyes. Because I'm the wrong kind of dick, I will never ever be interesting enough for anyone to be interested in me. But on the otherhand, this sort of mentality is so polarizing to my sense of reality. I could never adopt it, because I feel like I'd be betraying the core of my being. 

I used to be one of these 'nice guys' that complained about the friendzone. It's taken me a while to accept the way all of this works. But I could never embrace it. My morality is likely the hill I'll end up dying alone on, but so be it.

Latest posts

Back