Do You Like The Names You Were Given?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My names are OK I suppose.
I need to marry someone with an awesome last name though. :D

Edit: Oh wait - I can just change it legally. :p Derp.

Triple Bogey said:
I like David, don't like Dave.
I get called both, mostly Dave though.

I like David better too. I have a brother with the same name, and always call him 'David' (or Squidhead, haha). :p

I'm happy with my name, for the most part. Like my first name, which is Julie - a lot of people shorten it to Jules, doesn't bother me. My last name, while I am proud of its Scottish/Irish roots, also rhymes really well with things like 'bat honeysuckle', or 'rat honeysuckle', or 'cat honeysuckle' and variations thereof....kids loved it when I was in school, haha. :club:

ringwood said:
Triple Bogey said:

I like David better too. I have a brother with the same name, and always call him 'David' (or Squidhead, haha). :p

I'm happy with my name, for the most part. Like my first name, which is Julie - a lot of people shorten it to Jules, doesn't bother me. My last name, while I am proud of its Scottish/Irish roots, also rhymes really well with things like 'bat honeysuckle', or 'rat honeysuckle', or 'cat honeysuckle' and variations thereof....kids loved it when I was in school, haha. :club:

David suits me more. People who are called 'Dave' tend to be drinkers, working class etc. If anybody asks what I prefer I say 'David' yet very few at work call me that. I like 'Julie' - we have 3 at work. My last name is very easy to spell and say yet nobody ever gets it right. They always put a little c after the M to make it more Scottish, which is wrong. It is rare, not many in the world.

Triple Bogey said:
I have a couple of friends named David - I like that name.

EveWasFramed said:
My names are OK I suppose.
Your name is lovely, too, Evey!

Triple Bogey said:
David suits me more. People who are called 'Dave' tend to be drinkers, working class etc.

:D

Dave Franco
Dave Coulier
Dave Batista
Dave Grohl
Dave Chappelle
Dave Mustaine
Dave Matthews
Dave England
Dave Navarro
Dave Haywood
Dave Gahan
Dave Clark
Dave Evans
Dave Thomas
Dave Stephens
Dave Ramsey
Dave Lombardo
Dave madden
Dave Brubeck
Dave Pelzer
Dave Barry
Dave Foley
Dave Winfield
Dave Davies

:D lol, lot's of famous Dave's.

MissGuided said:
Your name is lovely, too, Evey!

It's the last name I don't care for. I kept it cuz it's Jaylen's last name. I'll change it eventually...maybe when she's a little older.

EveWasFramed said:
It's the last name I don't care for. I kept it cuz it's Jaylen's last name. I'll change it eventually...maybe when she's a little older.

Marry me and then you can have my last name. You know you wanna. I would say we could go back to my maiden name, but that's my mom's name....might get kind of confusing. lol

TheRealCallie said:
EveWasFramed said:

Marry me and then you can have my last name. You know you wanna. I would say we could go back to my maiden name, but that's my mom's name....might get kind of confusing. lol

lmao, maybe I should just search through famous and cool last names and pay to have mine changed. Sounds like less trouble, lol.

Wait - is same sex marriage legal where you are? :D

EveWasFramed said:
Rosebolt said:
EveWasFramed said:

If not, i hereby volunteer.

OK....all you folks are my witnesses. :cool:

Whoop, marriage aqcuired. Also, i had a weird dream where you had like 700 reputation points. No, that information does not enrich anyone's lives.

I used to have a friend called Nicholas Hawes and his dad was called Roger Hawes. This will be amusing to people from the UK at least...

I'm completely indifferent towards my given names - everyone just calls me Cavey anyway!

Eve could marry me but then she'd have the same name as my sister and I'm easily confused...

Rosebolt said:
EveWasFramed said:
Rosebolt said:
EveWasFramed said:

If not, i hereby volunteer.

OK....all you folks are my witnesses. :cool:

Whoop, marriage aqcuired. Also, i had a weird dream where you had like 700 reputation points. No, that information does not enrich anyone's lives.

Lmao, you poor man. :p
As for the reps, I see the wise and kind Lady F reaching that point far sooner than I. :)

I like the name that I was given. My mother thought long and hard about it, and decided on names that wouldn't date my brother or I to a certain era…but instead gave us names that had been in use for centuries and will continue to be. My mom's a wise person.

EveWasFramed said:
As for the reps, I see the wise and kind Lady F reaching that point far sooner than I. :)

And when she does reach that point it will be well-deserved too. No one deserves it more than her.

I don't like my name, but I feel that is insulting to my Parents because they chose it carefully.

I love my name, Emma. It's a soft name, an honest name, I love it :)

Latest posts

Back