Do You Like The Names You Were Given?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My real name is composed of all soft consonant sounds. Never liked it much. Not manly ... like Buck or Kirk or Dick ... lol

The entire thing rolls softly off the tongue, with no definitive start or stop point. Plus it doubles as a girl's name, which I actually find kind of cool.

It beats the alternative. My dad insisted I take his name, but my mom refused. Thanks, Mom!

EveWasFramed said:
Triple Bogey said:
David suits me more. People who are called 'Dave' tend to be drinkers, working class etc.

:D

Dave Franco
Dave Coulier
Dave Batista
Dave Grohl
Dave Chappelle
Dave Mustaine
Dave Matthews
Dave England
Dave Navarro
Dave Haywood
Dave Gahan
Dave Clark
Dave Evans
Dave Thomas
Dave Stephens
Dave Ramsey
Dave Lombardo
Dave madden
Dave Brubeck
Dave Pelzer
Dave Barry
Dave Foley
Dave Winfield
Dave Davies

:D lol, lot's of famous Dave's.

MissGuided said:
Your name is lovely, too, Evey!

It's the last name I don't care for. I kept it cuz it's Jaylen's last name. I'll change it eventually...maybe when she's a little older.

Don't know many of them !

Thing is 'David' is my name, not 'Dave' - why do people call me that ?
Are they too lazy to say all of my name ?
Dave in this country does imply a 'jack that lad' type character which definitely isn't me.

People in my country got trouble with pronouncing the 'Z' in my name.. overall the meaning of the name is 'victory' so yeah am happy with my name.. :)

Triple Bogey said:
Thing is 'David' is my name, not 'Dave' - why do people call me that ?
Are they too lazy to say all of my name ?
Dave in this country does imply a 'jack that lad' type character which definitely isn't me.

You're right! For some reason, people just seem to assume that all "Davids" are okay with being "Daves."

I have always believe that your name and birthdate are the two most personal pieces of who you are as a person. Growing up I hated my middle name Andrew and kept it a secret. My friends knew it began with an A, but never found out the rest. My first name people kept using the shortened version which I hate, much like "Dave" instead of "David". I never introduced myself as the short version and I would correct them, but they wouldn't learn.

About 12 years ago I started using "Drew". It's my mask. It's my cover. People don't want to know the real me, so they don't need to know my real name. Most people call me Drew now, or by my nickname. Only my family calls me by my first name anymore.

Latest posts

Back